Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Tobacco Appreciation Thread: Smokum Peace Pipe edition  (Read 4531 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Tobacco Appreciation Thread: Smokum Peace Pipe edition
« on: November 28, 2016, 03:41:31 pm »

Not sure if this has been done before or not. Also not sure how many people on here smoke so this could be a big flop.

Also before people spam with, "That stuff's bad for you", and links to CDC's website to convince others to stop smoking I ask that everyone please respect others choices. I can assure that almost anyone on here that has smoked knows the risks of doing so.

Might as well put this just in case I am wrong though.

There's the health warning.

That being said this thread should be used to discuss well tobacco. Brands you prefer and why, types of tobacco you prefer, flavors you like, and all that sort of stuff.

What this thread isn't for is discussing marijuana or other drugs (vape is fine as long as its not about THC oil).

So I guess I'll start it off, who here likes a good cigar?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 09:18:20 pm by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Tobacco Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 03:46:16 pm »

Cohiba or GTFO.

I can't claim to be a true cigar aficionado but...I've never had a cigar as good as a Cohiba. "Smoke you wish you could eat", as one fan told me.

Surprisingly though when I went to Europe and bought like 4 of them....at least two were moldy. That's no way to treat a cigar you bastards!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 03:48:20 pm »

You know what I hate? When other people are smoking outside a store and I have to walk through it, or in a car with the windows down and the wind blowing it at me. I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS, KEEP YOUR LUNG CANCER SMOKE TO YOURSELVES
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 03:58:11 pm »

Cohiba or GTFO.

I can't claim to be a true cigar aficionado but...I've never had a cigar as good as a Cohiba. "Smoke you wish you could eat", as one fan told me.

Surprisingly though when I went to Europe and bought like 4 of them....at least two were moldy. That's no way to treat a cigar you bastards!

I will be looking into getting a cigar of this brand this week. Never tried one...
Also I'll be getting one or two from a brand called Caribbean Rum Runner, they make rum infused cigars.

You know what I hate? When other people are smoking outside a store and I have to walk through it, or in a car with the windows down and the wind blowing it at me. I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS, KEEP YOUR LUNG CANCER SMOKE TO YOURSELVES

And this is why I always ask people if they're fine with me smoking or if it's bothering them (actually only had to do that a few times). I know I hate the smell of cigarettes so yeah. It's always appreciated when people don't blow smoke at you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 04:00:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't mind most smokers, just little precocious children who think smoking and drinking makes them an adult. If they were flung into rivers by demonic lepers, I would be terrified, then accepting.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 04:34:28 pm »

I hate going anywhere with smokers. About to leave the  house, gotta have a cigarette. Get to the destination, cigarette before we go in. About to leave, cigarette before we drive off. Almost home when-- aw darn, they forgot to buy smokes!
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 04:53:34 pm »

Can we please have this be a thread where people who like smoking talk about smoking, as opposed to people who hate smoking coming in saying "OMG I HATE SMOKING SO MUCH."

Put another way. It's like me going into a webcomic thread and telling you all how much I hate webcomics, or saying that inane webcomics and their fandom are like cancer to me, or how I wish all webcomics and fans died in a lake of fire, etc....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 04:55:16 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 05:00:57 pm »

Edit: Oh! I tried chewing tobacco once, after a friend found a tin of it in a car park. Don't worry, I wasn't the first one to try it and no-one had died.
It was weird. Sort of... extremely gross but still kind of pleasurable? I don't know. Can't remember what brand/flavour it was or anything.
Maybe I just revelled in chewing something so disgusting.
Perhaps you should buy, like, actual chewing tobacco instead of trashcan tobacco. :P
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 05:07:13 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 05:03:48 pm »

As someone who isn't a huge fan of smoking, I will also tell people coming in here to complain about smoking to piss off.
The same sort of thing happens a lot in the Booze thread and I am quite aware of how irritating it is. Go shit on the anime thread or something. :P

As for cigarettes, I don't have much to contribute... menthols taste really nice, cloves smell nice although I've never tried them myself, and then there are some cigarettes which smell absolutely awful. I only really smoke tobacco when I'm out and about and someone I am socializing with offers me one. Or if some cretin mixes it with other stuff, ugh.   

Edit: Oh! I tried chewing tobacco once, after a friend found a tin of it in a car park. Don't worry, I wasn't the first one to try it and no-one had died.
It was weird. Sort of... extremely gross but still kind of pleasurable? I don't know. Can't remember what brand/flavour it was or anything.
Maybe I just revelled in chewing something so disgusting.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 05:06:13 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 05:07:00 pm »

I AM A SPOOPY TIME TRAVELOR
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 05:18:41 pm »

I have been thoroughly convinced that American tobacco is the one that is worth having. Philip Morris is quite simply the most reliable option for pre-packaged cigarettes at present. I do not know if demand has gone down, or if the taxation has reached a threshold, but a lot of middle-price brands has gone right down in quality lately. Japan Tobacco brands used to be fairly reliable, but nowadays, it seems like they thin it out with straw and sawdust. Not worth the price at all.

I think I am coming off packaged cigarettes as a whole, though. About the only thing left in their favour is the convenience, and that I can take or leave. I'm thinking of switching to rolling tobacco. Fewer cigarettes per tobacco package, but they will be far better.

I'm also thinking of taking up pipe smoking again, some day. I did give it a brief experiment when I was much younger, which I liked, but I eventually had to face the fact that there is something very tragic about a nineteen year old owning his own pipe. I remember there were quite a few nice brands of pipe tobacco, it'd be well worth a try, at least.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 05:50:36 pm »

Never got into chewing tobacco. For two reasons: 1) it's all, like, peppermint, evergreen, wintergreen or whatever. It's not a flavor I enjoy (hate Menthols.)

And 2) if you think being a smoker gets you looks, be that guy carrying around a spit cup all the time....great when you work outdoors or whatever. Conspicuous in most other job environments.

Anyways, Marlboro Lights for me, America's #1 Deathstick.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 06:02:51 pm »

What I hate?

People who are convinced they can smell nicotine, and get all furious righteous when they see somebody vaping indoors.

1) nicotine is nearly odorless, even in "omg, if you get this on your skin you will have seizures and die" levels of labgrade concentration. What does it smell like in that state? Paraffin wax. It smells like birthday candles.

2) one of the points of vaping is that compared to tobacco, the toxin load is negligible. No tar, nearly no carcinogens (protip, the McDonald's hamburger has more carcinogenic compounds in the meat than you will get from a smokers vape plume second hand. Much more.).  You get exposed to far worse driving to work every day. For real.

3) not all ejuice formulations even have nicotine added. Most are just propylene glycol, water, and an artificial flavor. Other than the flavoring, it is the exact same stuff put in effects fog pumped out of smoke machines. People take their kids to haunted house shows every October and never one do I see the indigent outrage over it, despite it being at such high concentrations that it fills whole rooms.

I don't smoke, and I don't vape, but the indigent outrage over vaping Indoors is ignorantly stupid, and needs to stop.

There, said my piece, I'm out.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 06:12:51 pm »

the indigent outrage over vaping Indoors is ignorantly stupid, and needs to stop.

ITT TIL homeless people are upset about people vaping indoors
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2016, 06:26:02 pm »

I've not tried cigarettes, they just don't seem enjoyable. Cigars, hookah, and vape I have tried and enjoy quite a bit.

Has anyone tried pipe tobacco? (not hookah but the other pipe) And was it anymore enjoyable than other things you've tried?
Pages: [1] 2 3