Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tobacco Appreciation Thread: Smokum Peace Pipe edition  (Read 4536 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Tobacco Appreciation Thread: Smokum Peace Pipe edition
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2017, 10:53:59 pm »

I think they smell great.  Never had one try to kill me, you didn't inhale did you?  The strongest nicotine-wise I've had was that undercrown today, I was definitely feeling it but it's already faded now.
Shoes...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2017, 11:05:24 pm »

Nah, just in the same room with the smoker. Black outs take being stuck for a while longer (usually staying over for a few days with fairly prolific users), but on worse days even just being around for a little while starts wreaking merry hell on me. Hasn't ever hit that particular extreme from shorter term exposure, but it still trends hard towards making me feel like complete shit in very short order.

Most things smoke wise don't seem to bother me nearly as much (though I still tend to avoid it), but for whatever reason my lungs et al hate tobacco smoke more than basically anything I've encountered. There's mild asthma involved, but I haven't really needed or used an inhaler basically ever so *shrugs*

I haven't bothered questioning it too hard. Massive headaches and passing out in the very much non metaphorical sense are things I really, really prefer to avoid, and when there's a consistent and straightforward way to avoid it, well... gonna' do that thing, y'know?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2018, 10:28:24 pm »

So this'll be my first post in awhile on bay12 buuuuut, guess who ordered a pipe and some pipe tobacco?!

The two that I ordered are Borkum Riff and Paladin Dark Cherry.

Never tried pipe tobacco before though so, any tips/pointers/things to look out for?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:17:01 pm by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

coalsnbowls

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Tobacco Thread
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2021, 11:35:44 pm »

I've not tried cigarettes, they just don't seem enjoyable. Cigars, hookah, and vape I have tried and enjoy quite a bit.

Has anyone tried pipe tobacco? (not hookah but the other pipe) And was it anymore enjoyable than other things you've tried?

You are right my friend cigarettes are not enjoyable instead of this you should smoke hookah. The joy of smoking hookah is the pleasure of experience. It’s not just about inhaling some shisha smoke, but also the company you keep while indulging. For me it's my best friends who I can share stories with and laugh at how funny they are or complain about our latest bad days. But for my friends, it's their time to be alone in their thoughts without anyone questioning them on what they're thinking about or telling them to stop being so negative. The smell of sweet hookah tobacco permeates through the room as we pass around a small phallic pipe each taking turns puffing out a ring that gets bigger and bigger until finally someone blows one big cloud into the center bringing us all together again

coalsnbowls

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Tobacco Thread
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2021, 11:36:54 pm »

I've not tried cigarettes, they just don't seem enjoyable. Cigars, hookah, and vape I have tried and enjoy quite a bit.

Has anyone tried pipe tobacco? (not hookah but the other pipe) And was it anymore enjoyable than other things you've tried?

Yes
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 11:38:42 pm by coalsnbowls »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2021, 07:15:13 am »

So this'll be my first post in awhile on bay12 buuuuut, guess who ordered a pipe and some pipe tobacco?!

The two that I ordered are Borkum Riff and Paladin Dark Cherry.

Never tried pipe tobacco before though so, any tips/pointers/things to look out for?

It's kind of complicated and ended up being too much work for me.  Just look up the methods for doing it on youtube.  You also want cotton pipe cleaners (not synthetic nylon or anything, has to be actual cotton to absorb moisture) and a tamping device, you can probably just use any small flat thing but a three-part tamper thing with spoon, tamper, and little pointy thing is ideal.  Pipes are also very very mild compared to cigars and hookah.
Shoes...

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2021, 08:19:26 am »

You might want to remove the link to the hookah tobacco site. Dunno how it is in the USA, but over here in the Netherlands it is illegal to advertise for tobacco products. Could get the forum fined or shut down.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2021, 08:27:32 am »

It's a spambot reviving a thread that's been dead for 3 years in order to peddle whatever shit it was made to peddle.

Just let the toad nuke it and move on :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 2 [3]