Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: SCP - Secure. Contain. Protect.  (Read 6040 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
SCP - Secure. Contain. Protect.
« on: November 29, 2016, 03:25:36 pm »

This is a thread about SCP, a community effort by a bunch of internet losers to make a bunch of scary and weird "logs" about completely fake things. The topics of these "logs" are entirely imaginary, and memes aren't even a weapon, a virus, or a compulsion! A meme is when I say 'Knock, knock' and you say 'Who's there?' I hate the very word -

Excuse me. Yes. This is definitely a very boring thing, you shouldn't even look into it, what are you doing? Don't go there!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: SCP - Secure. Contain. Protect.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 03:27:03 pm »

So. That Goddamn Thing. My guess is that Sorts has trouble distinguishing between the toaster and other people, a weird inversion of SCP-426's effects. That seems to match with the last few paragraphs.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 03:48:27 pm »

SCP's admins drank enough koolade to go off the deep end some time ago.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 04:04:47 pm »

The real ones or the fictional ones?
Sigtext!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 04:08:13 pm »

The real ones. The Foundation's golden area is long past.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 04:12:51 pm »

Does it matter? There's thousands of SCPs and many stories to discuss...

Think of it as the records of a dead world. Who knows which SCP finally killed off that reality? THE HEADCANONS ABOUND
Sigtext!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 04:32:14 pm »

A meme is when I say 'Knock, knock' and you say 'Who's there?' I hate the very word -
I have an anti-SCP, I am married to SCP-(-1) even.

'Remember that time I said 'knock knock' and you said "what"?'
"What who?"

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 04:34:23 pm »

Doctor Who, that's who
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 05:45:39 pm »

There was never a golden era. The past was just full of shitty memes, Mary Sue reality-warper entries, the in-character circlejerk, and assorted other bullshit.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 05:50:35 pm »

if you're going to make a statement like that, at least bother going into specifics

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 06:29:03 pm »

If it is so shit, why even bring it up? Why not just let it rot alone and unloved?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 06:30:20 pm »

Administration caught the Tumblr flu and started deleting and policing content for things that offended them on that front, among the most ridiculous examples, controversy over harassment of a sexy doorknob.
Shoes...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 07:25:38 pm »

There was never a golden era. The past was just full of shitty memes, Mary Sue reality-warper entries, the in-character circlejerk, and assorted other bullshit.
When it was a bunch of shitposting anons making terrifying copypastas and throwing out neat ideas it was fresh; besides the usual koolaid stuff its impressive size is sorta like simpsons when you run out of ideas :/

To say something positive about it, I like the crimson lake one very much. Also the joke about all the attempts to kill 682 or all the references on using SCP to contain/fuck up 682 were neat, felt like 682 was the MVP of the foundation alongside don't blink faeces doll thing

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 07:54:48 pm »

106 best SCP. I also quite like 87, and 610, even if it is just The Flood.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4