Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Simcity 4: MULTIPLAYER! Same Dropbox, New Regions!  (Read 15865 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Simcity 4: MULTIPLAYER! The Bay 12 Archipelago
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2016, 03:14:56 pm »

I'm finally on vacation so as soon as I find my old CDs I'll play a bit.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2016, 07:00:36 pm »

I like to build viaduct rail and normal stations beside it.

Yeah, that's what I typically do, but I decided to try something nicer looking. But if you mouse over one with a rail puzzle piece in hand, it crashes the game, so you have to be careful with mouse movement while building them. Also got a crash destroying a road next to one, so regular stations it is!
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2016, 04:09:24 pm »

I've yet to use the viaduct rail, maybe I'll continue to not use it. :P

Also PTTG, I'll need your email for the Dropbox.

We're at 897,000 people. I expect we'll hit one million before long.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2016, 01:00:44 pm »

My little island is doing nicely, other than complaints about traffic.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2016, 07:48:16 am »

well, wanted to install my old CD and join... but it seems it won't work in win 10. May try to redeem the code on Origin( to get a compatible version and to not have to carry the CD around) , but it seems I will have to manually send an email.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2017, 08:12:47 pm »

To whoever own the dropbox: There is a mess up. Japa posted pictures of his city with highways, but when I played alte today, there were no changes. I am afraid that me being offline for a while before interupted the sync and messed it up.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2017, 10:52:25 pm »

It won't be the first time I've had to rebuild the highways.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2017, 07:01:00 pm »

I'm incredibly new to the game, got it a few days ago. I've built one big tile to over 700k people so I guess I'm ready to do this :V

Count me in, I'll send a PM tomorrow probably.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2017, 12:05:04 pm »

Looks like we've hit 2,000,000 people- kind of a surprise since most of our tiles are still fairly under-utilized. Anyway, it deserves a full-size screenshot:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 12:13:05 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2017, 12:21:22 pm »

Currently, the Dropbox folder is at 1.07 GB, which is to say, we still have some room to expand since the maximum is 2GB. For reference, we currently have 646MB of plugins, the region itself is only 128MB, and the remaining 326MB we are using is old versions of region files- a single copy of Tharsis City is 13MB! In a pinch I can clean up old region files, of course. There are about 10 spots left worth making a city in the Archipelago, excluding making new islands in medium/small tiles.

So, I propose adding more mods and an entire new region sometime soon, sometime this month probably. This would not necessitate deleting the Archipelago. I turn to you, however, for suggestions as to what would be worthwhile mods (possibly CAM/SPAM, I will need to learn their filesizes) as well as suggestions for a region. The region would have to be non-enormous, probably a maximum of twice the size of the Archipelago, depending on what mods we might install. We also may be able to gain more Dropbox space through referral links, if I can figure out how to set those up.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simcity 4: MULTIPLAYER! The Bay 12 Archipelago: 2,000,000 Sims
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2017, 12:46:26 am »

Bump! I've added two new regions for kicks: Fairview, the vanilla region, and Middle Earth, a super-gigantic region where there's LARGE TILES FOR EVERYONE. Go nuts.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Simcity 4: MULTIPLAYER! Same Dropbox, New Regions!
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2017, 07:31:26 am »

Requesting residential city in Middle Earth (I want someone to make one beside mine, need housing!)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Simcity 4: MULTIPLAYER! Same Dropbox, New Regions!
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2017, 07:52:45 am »

Well this looks interesting, I need to find my install discs.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]