Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CRPGs: Pillars of Eternity, Torment, Tyranny  (Read 1072 times)

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
CRPGs: Pillars of Eternity, Torment, Tyranny
« on: February 13, 2017, 06:08:29 am »

My girlfriend recently got me all three of these games off of Steam as an early present for Valentine's Day. Seeing how I already had both Divinity Original Sin games, she just picked the top three from the CRPG section!

Where do I start? I thoroughly enjoyed Divinity Original Sin 1 and what's been released for 2. Are any of these three similar in that regard? I plan on playing all three but I'm definitely looking for suggestions as to which one to hunker down and start first.

Any input would be awesome.

Thank you!

Ludorum Rex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wizards and Warlords
Re: CRPGs: Pillars of Eternity, Torment, Tyranny
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 06:42:41 am »

Having played Pillars and Tyranny, I'd say a major difference is the length of the games. Tyranny is a much short, compact game experience. They also have quite different mechanics, with Pillars being more akin to Dungeons & Dragons / Pathfinder, while Tyranny has a hybrid of level and skill point based progression. I'd suggest starting with Tyranny, since Pillars is such a lengthy game.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 07:00:38 am »

I'd agree, Tyranny first. It's shorter but imo it's a better experience. I enjoyed Pillars as well. Haven't played Torment because it's still EA

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 12:38:53 pm »

If you play Pillars, make sure you complete Durance's quests! You might not want to, because he comes off as a complete jerk, just understand he's been thoroughly broken. Don't want to spoil anything, but completing his quests will definitely help you understand the gods a bit better.