Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: You Can't Die: Benevolent Beasts (community story) Shokan  (Read 2627 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: You Can't Die: Benevolent Beasts (community story) Shokan
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2017, 01:16:24 pm »

Glare at the man. He'll tell us everything, including all the stuff we don't ask about.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: You Can't Die: Benevolent Beasts (community story) Shokan
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2017, 10:46:55 pm »

You were tired of having to stop the action for somebody else to tell you important information, but it seemed like you were fated to do so every couple of days. You decide to get this over with as quickly as possible. You set him down on his but, stand up to your full height, and look down at him. His crushed spirit falls to pieces in a second. "Wah! Please don't kill me! I was just heading back from Oix because they didn't need as many people there because the trap was finished... Then some farmer said that a Shokan was terrorizing the countryside..." At the word trap, the woman looked up inquisitely. The man saw her eyes, and started freaking out again. "The trap was a collapsible floor right in front of the big dragon, so that if anybody went there, they would fall in and be captured." After that, the man dies of a conveniently timed heart attack.

"That was surprisingly useful information." The woman said nonchalantly. And without further interruptions, you both continued on your merry way. While on your travels, you worried about your home, how all your friends and family was doing, and strangely, this mission against the humans specifically had made you hope that the other species that shared the valley with you were doing well. You had never cared about the other species before now, but somehow, you thought of yourself as their protectors. For another week, you and the woman walked, this time with no interruptions. The moon was full when you fought the woman, and it was full again when you made it to Oix. The fortress was carved straight into a massive cave system, with the mouth of the cave menacing with stalactites. "Hmm. The woman mused. The humans have really vandalized this place since they took it over." She was referring to the walls and guard towers that surrounded the place. "If they see us coming, they will just hold my Dragon hostage again. We have to go in without being seen. I need you to come along to help me break his shackles, and deal with any problems we come across. The guards will have been taught to recognize you, but you might be able to disguise yourself as an orc if you feel like it. There used to be secret passages out the back, but the humans have no doubt sealed them by now. I have no idea where they are keeping my Dragon, or the best way to get in. Do you have a suggestion?"

You study the fortress. The human-made walls and towers extended in a semi-circle out of the mouth of the massive cave, with a single gate and drawbridge being the only way past the moat. You see  lots of large creatures swimming in the moat. but you can't make out what they are. Thousands of humans and Orcs were seen patrolling the walls, a reminder of the alliance between the humans and the orcs. Inside the cave itself, you could see branching tunnels leading different directions, but you could not tell anything else from this distance. The cave that the mountain was in soared up several thousand meters above the landscape, but it too was dotted with periodic guard towers. This would be difficult.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]