Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Portcross: The Succession Crisis | Cancelled for Now  (Read 2432 times)

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
Re: Portcross: The Succession Crisis | Turn One: Troubled Times
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2017, 03:11:30 pm »

PTW
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Portcross: The Succession Crisis | Turn One: Troubled Times
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2017, 04:05:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Portcross: The Succession Crisis | Cancelled for Now
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2017, 12:45:53 pm »

Sadly, after realising that this takes about 3 hours to work out the turns, I have decided to drop this game until I can either figure out a way to optimise it so that it's easy for me to run, or at least satisfying enough to be worth the effort, or probably start a new game instead.  Sometimes experiments are failures!

However, here are the results to the various actions, in the interest of fairness.

Moneylenders:  Both the church and the moneylenders themselves decided to cut ties with the other, but the church was ultimately able to put more effort into cutting ties effectively and have come out ahead.  The church enjoys both the prestige of no longer being (as) associated with usury, while the merchants have been left to take the blame as well as losing a deal of wealth in the process.

Holy Smoke:   The smuggler's cove near Portcross proved to be an unexpected battleground as a cadre of battlemages teleported in and started killing smugglers left, right and centre.  Unfortunately, it seemed these smugglers employed skilled Ligorian mercenaries and after some extremely brutal exchanges of fireballs and crossbow fire, the ragged remnants of the battlemages pulled out.  Representatives from both the merchants' and thieves' guilds then approached the smugglers, who were only too willing to sell off their stock and client list and get out of this crazy town, and the merchants ultimately made a better offer.  As such, liao prices have returned to what they were, and the profits and goodwill have been a vital boon to the struggling merchant class.

The Black Stinger:  With arms and armaments supplied by the aristocracy, the local thieves' guild was able to root out the Black Stinger before they could gain a foothold and execute them to a man.  While a successful day for all, the thieves have not returned the weaponry provided...

The Lure of the Enchantress:  The aristoracy held back from decisive action, hoping that the Countess' parties would not grow too wild.  The mages proved more active, sending a delegation to persuade the Countess to calm down, backed up by several wealthy gifts.  Unfortunately, shortly after the Countess agreed to cut down on enchanting her guests, a mob sacked her lodgings and dragged her out into the street, stripped naked and beaten, and held an impromptu witch trial.  She was then thrown back into her lodgings and burned alive.  The good news is that the enchantments have stopped, and besides the church is enjoying a period of great popularity with the witch-fearing populace.  The bad news is that foreign nobility being executed by mob rule causes diplomatic incidents, and Windheath is extremely angry at the events.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2017, 08:07:56 pm »

Man, I get two successes and the game dies? That's sad :C

How much influence would I have gotten for the major successes, if I may ask?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2017, 08:12:14 pm »

Also disappointed that this didn't work out. :(
What would I have gotten?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 2 [3]