Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: is vampire blood broken, or what?  (Read 2682 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: is vampire blood broken, or what?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 11:07:48 am »

Not a fan of Legacy of Kain I see then.
man I wish for those vampire ruled capitals they tend to have the best stories and quests to give.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2016, 01:08:28 am »

Disease resistance cannot prevent vampirism or any other either/or syndromes.  It only reduces the effect of syndromes that can have a severity value, like nausea, blisters, function impairment and the like, and then only if they have the RESISTABLE tag.

The problem could be that the blood is not in a container.  Liquids that are not in containers do not count as drinking for certain purposes, like how you can't quench thirst by drinking rainwater off your clothes.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2016, 07:32:50 am »

Disease resistance cannot prevent vampirism or any other either/or syndromes.  It only reduces the effect of syndromes that can have a severity value, like nausea, blisters, function impairment and the like, and then only if they have the RESISTABLE tag.

The problem could be that the blood is not in a container.  Liquids that are not in containers do not count as drinking for certain purposes, like how you can't quench thirst by drinking rainwater off your clothes.

But I did collect the blood of that vampire onto my waterskin. Heck, I've encountered a bunch of animal men vampires since (with another adventurer), and it still doesn't work. I also started calling them out as night creatures before attacking, just in case, but their blood is still useless.

Next time I'll try dropping water on the blood, to try and get water laced with blood.

Another thing. How come a weapon covered in FB secretions becomes a poisoned weapon (in that it transfers that syndrome when it touches somehing) but licking vampire blood off your blade doesn't turn you into a vampire?
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 09:13:59 am »

But I did collect the blood of that vampire onto my waterskin. Heck, I've encountered a bunch of animal men vampires since (with another adventurer), and it still doesn't work. I also started calling them out as night creatures before attacking, just in case, but their blood is still useless.

Next time I'll try dropping water on the blood, to try and get water laced with blood.

Another thing. How come a weapon covered in FB secretions becomes a poisoned weapon (in that it transfers that syndrome when it touches somehing) but licking vampire blood off your blade doesn't turn you into a vampire?

a vampire curse needs someone with can learn and has blood and not be supernatural or given a thrall/mummy's or werebeast curse. where as fb interactions and syndromes are randomized.
also your playing a no-max age = immortal character goblin adventurer. unless  you tried this with any other race other than elves and not had it work?
"body swapping and YOU!"

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2016, 09:32:02 am »

a vampire curse needs someone with can learn and has blood and not be supernatural or given a thrall/mummy's or werebeast curse. where as fb interactions and syndromes are randomized.
also your playing a no-max age = immortal character goblin adventurer. unless  you tried this with any other race other than elves and not had it work?

Well, my latest adventurer is a dwarf, but I didn't try drinking it. I say the blood's useless because its marked as "animalmen's blood", when other times it was marked as "vampire -hist. fig. namge here- blood".
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2016, 09:20:55 am »

oh on the fb secretion thing that stuff is deadly on contact. your not just letting your victims lick your fb secretion coated sword... your stabbing them with it. it also doesn't help the vampire blood curse is given via a god who's mad at someone. so the blood drinking not working is probably from the god not in the mood to curse you.  the animalmen are a weird bunch given hey tend to start at a biome and slowly move into a town than start at a civsite so this might have an effect on their blood being transfer or them revealing themselves as vampires, like a giant elephant shape like a man or a bat that stands upright gets told their a creature of the night would probably be blamed for being a giant dangerous beast first before the backstory of growing large fangs when they feel peckish for a cup of blood with their human flesh.

now thinking about it has anyone even made vampire animals?  like toadyone hardcoded the vampire blame game to not pick kids leading to the claim there can't be any vampire kids. like who suspects fido draining the blood of the denizens of a town?
"body swapping and YOU!"

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2016, 06:47:11 am »

save, then knock over a chapel statue and reload until you get vampirism.
Heathen!!!
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username
Pages: 1 [2]