Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What Should the Code of Conduct Be For DF Stream Discussion and Updates Be?

Make a centralized thread in Community Games for all DF streams made by a particular streamer
Make a centralized thread in Community Games for each different stream format done by a particular streamer
Make a single, stickied thread in Community Games for all streamer activity, including discussion, community involvement and information
Make a centralized thread for all DF streams made by a particular streamer, but put it in a different forum
Make a centralized thread for each different stream format done by a particular streamer, but put it in a different forum
Make a single, stickied thread for all streamer activity, including discussion, community involvement and information, but put it in a different forum
Do not make any thread in bay12forums regarding DF Stream discussion, information or updates
Another option I haven't considered (please include your thoughts in a post!)

Author Topic: [Poll] Need Community Feedback on Best Conduct for DF Streams, Discussions  (Read 806 times)

OAOGigmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey Domas! Let's visit the tavern with DEMONS!"
    • View Profile
    • OAOGigmaster's Twitch Channel

Heya everyone. I recently hosted a pair of Dwarf Fortress streams on Twitch. It seems to have been met with positive feedback, and I'm likely to continue doing a series of similar streams. You can see the discussion thread here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161736.0

This raises an interesting handful of questions, as I'd like to keep most of the discussion regarding my DF streams on bay12forums, partly to promote outsiders into getting involved, partly to promote insiders into getting interested: what is the best code of conduct for this sort of situation? Should streamers like me make a thread in Community Games and Stories, like I did, where discussion and updates can be consolidated? Should each stream have its own thread? Should it be in a different forum? Is bay12forums not a good place for that kind of discussion?

I asked the moderators (ToadyOne and ThreeToe) their thoughts on the matter, and the response was "Let the community decide." Thus, this poll. I am happy to abide by any majority group decision.

If you have any comments that don't reflect on this poll or determination how to best proceed, please keep them in the thread in the Community Games section, at least for now, guys.
Mondays @ 4pm EST, 9pm GMT: Dwarf Fortress Nightmares
Fridays @ 4pm EST, 9pm GMT: Dwarf Fortress Successions
twitch.tv/oaogigmaster

"Of course the frelling monarch is the last to die."

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: [Poll] Need Community Feedback on Best Conduct for DF Streams, Discussions
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 10:38:53 pm »

Thats alot of options....

Heres some art for you in the meantime

Spoiler: Warning BIG (click to show/hide)
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

OAOGigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 10:41:23 pm »

Warglaborglaborlg.

In the discussion thread for the streams man XD.

(Nice though! Looking forward to more fun stuff. But not here! This is SRS TALK PLACE = VERY YES.)
twitch.tv/oaogigmaster

OAOGigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 11:19:11 pm »

I'm seeing a couple of people vote in the pools who are suggesting that threads be made (of various kinds) in a forum that's not the community games forum. I'd like to hear any additional ideas people have on what forum would be best.
twitch.tv/oaogigmaster

OAOGigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 12:45:34 pm »

Since the consensus seems to be having one thread for a streamer, or one thread for one format of a streamers broadcasts in Community Stories forums, I'm going to update and maintain a single thread for myself there regarding my streams. I'll keep this poll up, in case community opinion changes its mind in the future. Thank you all for your input.
twitch.tv/oaogigmaster