Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What the...  (Read 1477 times)

kingboxz

• Bay Watcher
  • DEAD
    • View Profile
What the...
« on: December 03, 2016, 10:43:31 pm »

I get this once I launch a mode. Fort, Adv, or legends it all my graphics turn into blocks of solid color.

HydraKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What the...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 04:32:05 am »

Same

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 01:09:00 pm »

Same.  I think it's a memory issue, turn the multilevel option off. Fixed it for me.  Or reduce options, choose a smaller mod pack like a 16x16.   
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 04:50:08 am »

Same.  I think it's a memory issue, turn the multilevel option off. Fixed it for me.  Or reduce options, choose a smaller mod pack like a 16x16.   

It's an issue with shadowplay and plays.tv, entirely graphics based, resizing the window fixes it, use a non-openGL display mode (I.E. 2D or 2DASYNC) if it really bothers you

darkandstar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 02:22:21 pm »

You might be able to fix this by launching LAA (Large Address Aware) in the utilities menu and going through the steps,

1.) Point it to dwarf fortress.exe
2.) Check the box
3.) Click the big 'ol 'save' button.

I saw it in another post and it worked for me.

Edit:
Here's the other post that I mentioned http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161844.msg7292238#msg7292238
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 02:24:18 pm by darkandstar »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 08:26:38 pm »

It's been happening for me in the 64-bit version, which allows much, much more memory, so that's probably not the whole issue.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 09:46:51 pm »

I had the same problem LAA worked... and I don't have any of those thingsites in my system you mentioned, so thereally is something else going on.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal