Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: ZL (2016)  (Read 34765 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Looking at tall buildings and feeling small
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: ZL
« Reply #195 on: January 05, 2017, 04:12:11 am »

(archive)

- - -

[glow=black,2,300][color=rgb(0,0,0)]
Aloha!
[/color][/glow]

This is probably the most tricky aspect of the game so I'll put it right here the top of the OP. Each turn you may try to cast a spell. If I tell you your spell succeeds then you gain 15 points in that spell's color(red, green, or blue). If it was a red spell you're next post would be like this:

[glow=black,2,300][color=rgb(15,0,0)]
My next turn!
[/color][/glow]

What players are saying...
...keep doing those cute little comics please.
...I love how it's evolving over time!
I love this game
I've long thought it, but this confirms it, roseheart. You're a wizard.

The above people are harliquins, deceitful agents of missinformation. Thank you for listening to this important public service announcement.

Active players: 6
NPCs: 2

Spoiler: MAP OF ZENLAND (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: WELCOME (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Action 1:COMMAND (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action 2:MAGIC (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CLASSES (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MILESTONES (click to show/hide)

Newzlog
Good suggestions so far for funny minor spell overshots. I could use a LOT more.
If you find an error(not grammatical) I MAY give you a teeny-tiny BOOST to your next roll.

===9==>

==p11=> Newest!
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 05, 2017, 03:06:21 pm »

Move to the lake and commune with any NPC's there. ((This should not incur any initiative penalties, should it? Both grey actions))
Red=45 Green=0 Blue=45
Also "Glitch"
There was no mention of color in the results of my last post. If there was no color gained than it would be mentioned (as it was in the player after me) and which color I gained ought to be specified as my "lowest color" is currently tied.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2017, 10:54:53 am »

I'll give this a try.
Description: Wearing light robes with a hood, with some dark hair peeking out. Carrying a leatherbound tome of good quality that floats in midair at will, as well as an ever-inked quill to write with.

When (if) I get in, I have two questions. First, how do I make the spell's color red/blue/whatever color it corresponds to (i.e., make sink blue) when the text around it is already colored? Do I have to say /color and reinput the previous text color after ward, or can I just put sink in the middle of the already colored text? (hope I explained it well)
Second, by the twelve hour or whatever thing you mentioned, do you mean that I cannot put an action until 12 hours after you reply to my previous action? Sorry for the trouble, I just joined the forum.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #198 on: January 06, 2017, 12:49:25 pm »

Ah. I'll start with the second one. If there's mention of 12th hour in the first post of the thread point it out to me because it shouldn't be there. That was something that was helpful early on but I've removed it from the game. If you're seeing that in the post about that's an archive of an old version of it. I like to keep those for reference. Sometimes I delete things that I decided to add back in and it's nice to have it.

As for coloring spells. Don't. Unless you want to. All I care about is that you use the RGB code with your current stats. But yes if you do choose to do it. After adding the RGB code just select the word and add a color to it. Such as blue for sink. Does that answer your questions?
Awesome With Autism

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #199 on: January 06, 2017, 01:11:02 pm »

It works like this:

Code: [Select]
[color=black]this is black [color=yellow]this is yellow[/color] this is still black[/color]
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2017, 01:20:21 pm »

Yes.

Spawn about exactly between "my island" and Helmaland. Cast Sink to my northwest. Consider renaming Zenland to Colorado.

Edit: Accidentally said northeast before.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 01:21:55 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2017, 07:14:16 pm »

It works like this:

Code: [Select]
[color=black]this is black [color=yellow]this is yellow[/color] this is still black[/color]
I was unaware you could do that.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #202 on: January 07, 2017, 01:04:16 am »

(archive)

Spell Book
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Profiles
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #203 on: January 07, 2017, 04:32:29 am »

Z • E • N • L • A • N • D
LAND OF #41 MIRÅCLES (13-194 | 17-251)

It was drizzling in ZL...
Map

Spell Initiative
+3) Eritzap
+2) Unraveller
+1) Gwolfski
+0) ufo
-1) helmacon, TopHat, S34N1C, OceanSoul

Supplemental
Commune 1 15-219

Please only do one spell(action) per turn, unless it says you can do more.
Please do not cast a spell unless your initiative is 0 or higher, unless a grey spell. (If you were/are waiting on some or all of your turn to be posted, please do so again with these in mind, now)
Also "Glitch"
There was no mention of color in the results of my last post. If there was no color gained than it would be mentioned (as it was in the player after me) and which color I gained ought to be specified as my "lowest color" is currently tied.
If your spell had a # by it, it worked and you gained 15 of that color. If not(3, 2, 1) no color gain. This is now going to be assumed knowledge.
Your choice on a tie. To build on this statement, spells will always give color if something PFM* happened, so unless it was a "dud". One more thing, misfire will still be a same type spell, so same color.

*pretty f'n magikal

You get more color for higher √ casts:
√1(default) 15
√2 30
√3 60
√4 120
√5 240
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:01:25 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 07, 2017, 06:07:07 pm »

Move to the lake and commune with any NPC's there. ((This should not incur any initiative penalties, should it? Both grey actions))
Red=60 Green=0 Blue=60

((Move and Commune are both grey actions and have no dependency on initiative. If you would like I could separate them into different posts for each action, but I thought it would be easier for you if I kept them consolidated. I just realised what you meant, that I have to wait for it to cycle through the turn. Just move then, thanks! PS. Since it was √2 could i split that 15 each way?))

Edit:Oh right, just a standard ZL character sketch for my class unlock please. I mentioned some shenanigans with it earlier, but I was just being dumb.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 06:09:56 pm by helmacon »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #205 on: January 07, 2017, 06:11:45 pm »

Yes.

(You are at the lake, so if you want to commune or do a different grey action say so now.)
Awesome With Autism

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 07, 2017, 06:26:01 pm »

Commune with any NPC's there.
Red=60 Green=0 Blue=60

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 07, 2017, 07:18:00 pm »

Try Sink again, once again at my northwest. Wave to the wizard in distance (tophat, right?). Also, in which direction is he?

0 red, 0 green, 15 blue, right? Also, is there a unit for color? Paint? Spectra? Spectra? Colour?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #208 on: January 08, 2017, 01:42:59 am »

Heads up. If anyone is waiting for actions posted before the last update, don't. Because of the new system I don't want to make assumptions on what you want to do now(though technically I did on some degree on Gwolfski and S34N1C, on the part I thought you most want).

Please post a new action if you want to do something this next update. And remember... You can use a grey action, even of you can't do a spell yet.

Edit: to clarify I'm not going to be doing itineraries "shopping lists" of actions because it gets too confusing.

You can make a task for a banner and they keep doing that task. No checklists. No multiple actions.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 01:44:48 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 08, 2017, 12:30:30 pm »

That picture you made of me...any way I can use is as my profile picture for now?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23