Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: ZL (2016)  (Read 34796 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Hero Saga Setup: 97%. Other stuff Paused.
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: ZL
« Reply #240 on: January 09, 2017, 01:45:10 pm »

I missed the weekend. Anything interesting happened?

Ill post more soon.

Yeah with Gloven and FauxHat. Update may come soon. But maybe not.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 09, 2017, 02:04:50 pm »

Well congrats. You just cast glitch.
Didn't realize it. You don't have to give me anything for it. It's not like there's a lightning-based spell or anything. Hmm.. though it does make me think.. give me some time, and I'll explain what I'm thinking of.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #242 on: January 09, 2017, 02:25:29 pm »

Why won't you allow me to reward you? It's in the rulebook.
Awesome With Autism

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 09, 2017, 02:36:59 pm »

I'm not saying you can't. I'm just saying that it's so minor and had such a small affect on the game that I'm OK if I get nothing for it. If you want to give me something, go ahead.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #244 on: January 09, 2017, 02:42:10 pm »

Nonsense. As Bernie would say, it was a "yooge" find.
Awesome With Autism

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 09, 2017, 07:26:17 pm »

Run away from the hostile Golem, and tell my others to attack it.

<Red=45><Green=90><Blue=30>
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 10, 2017, 07:16:19 pm »

Roseheart, I was beginning to wonder about the limits of Blessing, so I thought up some potential examples. Are they easily within limits, or would they require some color sacrifice?

-gives a clay golem Morphed into a animal shape actual life, becoming said animal they were shaped as.
-gives the ability to become a merman in water, allowing for quicker travel
-gives a gate the ability to link with another chosen gate, allowing one two warp from one to another.
-gives a gate the power to turn those who walk through it into birds for an amount of time, allowing quick travel to anywhere on the map.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #247 on: January 10, 2017, 07:26:17 pm »

Roseheart, I was beginning to wonder about the limits of Blessing, so I thought up some potential examples. Are they easily within limits, or would they require some color sacrifice?

-gives a clay golem Morphed into a animal shape actual life, becoming said animal they were shaped as.
-gives the ability to become a merman in water, allowing for quicker travel
Morph already includes this, no Blessing needed.

Edit: Oh you mean a temporary transformation. That could be done via a Blessing or sufficient balancing when morphing to give that ability. The perk of the Morph route is it can't be UNDONE by Curse.

Edit2: Also also. While it is possible to soop up a unit with abilities and skills with morph or blessing. I am a lot kinder to very simple units for rolls on the bare necessity to keep the game simple.

-gives a gate the ability to link with another chosen gate, allowing one two warp from one to another.
-gives a gate the power to turn those who walk through it into birds for an amount of time, allowing quick travel to anywhere on the map.

I would consider all that possible. If there is no obstacle, a mage can already go anywhere within a turn(also, see Teliport), though units may have trouble.

The benefit will always be wayed against the magnitude and bright sacrifice and roll. If it pays the bill I don't see why not.

Oh, please also note:
Enhanced by peaceful surroundings and tensions in Zenland.
This may be a bit more important than was emphasized here. If negative entities cantaminate the... "zen" of Zenland, this won't be as effortless than it might be otherwise.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 07:36:02 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 10, 2017, 07:38:30 pm »

For the first one, I was talking about making an actual, living, flesh-and-blood animal. Does that change anything?
For the second, I was talking about it affecting a player, allowing for travel underwater to make/affect/cast things down there.

And, lastly, that last comment is Definitely referring to Flophat.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #249 on: January 10, 2017, 07:51:46 pm »

Just because morph has only CURRENTLY been used to turn the golems into basically new golem varients, DOES NOT mean they need to be.

you may take your Clay Golems and turn them into a new type of unit. Make note of its new strengths and weaknesses(one must justify the other).
That definition is quite broad, is it not?
Awesome With Autism

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 10, 2017, 08:23:50 pm »

Well, now we know.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #251 on: January 11, 2017, 08:57:56 am »

Z • E • N • L • A • N • D
LAND OF #44 MIRÅCLES [|14•203 | 264•18|]

¦15•219 ¦
-2: Gloven warned helmacon about FauxHat the trickster.

-1: ufo visited with the commander, then returned to Zenland from the blankness via a portal.

+0: Eritzap and Unraveller become marble statues, frozen in place.

+0: HELMACON CANAL PROJECT progresses at a steady rate. 65 to 80 ETA.

|√1 cold
|√1 rain
||√2 wind w
||√2 clouds

*windy and dim, and a little wet and cool*

"A trickster ey? let's see if he is as tricky as this old fool." Ask gloven to point me in the direction of the doppelganger, and prepare for a battle of wits.
You find the newcomer, OceanSoul. (You may continue west as a mid-update, talking to other mages is always free)

"sigh back to step one"
rename ufo mound to portal mound and go to an unclaimed corner
You journey north. You come to the northeast corner. It is barren on all sides as far as anyone can see. Except little hints far far off dotting the horizon.

Run away from the hostile Golem, and tell my others to attack it.
BANNER 1: FLEE HOSTILE, ATTACK IF OBSTRUCTED
The creature grabs a golem. As you and the other flee, you sense it draws near. It moves quickly through the forest. You make it to the lake when you hear!... "Over Here!" Gloven!

OceanSoul's lucky chain-reaction, #45
Try Sink again, once again at my northwest. Wave to the wizard in distance (tophat, right?).
I'd only meant it as a brief "Hi". If I can't also spell, I'll just use Sink as intended
The man with the funny hat continued west, and the land you wanted to play with was then open.

The ground sank down as intended, revealing a small lake. But then the winds began to swirl around it. A small tornado hovered over the center until it grew down and began to spin the water. The spiraling winds stopped but the water kept swirling. There seemed to be a perminent vortex.

You noticed helmacon in the distance, going the same way as the one from before.

Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spell Burn:
Ocean Soul(1)

Medusa's Corner:
TopHat
Gwolfski

|11•164+|
Commemorative Image: helmacon

Notes:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 04:27:42 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 11, 2017, 09:15:03 am »

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by 'spell burn'?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #253 on: January 11, 2017, 01:51:08 pm »

I inverted initiative since I decided positive initiative is meaningless. You can't cast a spell then, this turn(unless grey).

Cooldown for casting.
Awesome With Autism

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 11, 2017, 04:04:37 pm »

Helmacon speaks with a slight southern twang as he passes Ocean soul "I'm rounding up a posse to hunt that outlaw fauxhat. You coming?" Either way, continue on towards the west, watching for Fauxhat. Juggle back to red and cast golem as I pass Ocean Soul's lake. Use my highest possible magnitude. (2 I think?)

Red=60 Green=0 Blue=60

Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23