Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: ZL (2016)  (Read 34755 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: ZL
« Reply #255 on: January 11, 2017, 04:11:38 pm »

"H E L P  M E" Run towards Gloven

<Red=45><Green=90><Blue=30>
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 11, 2017, 04:42:55 pm »

Well, that was a mess, but at least I'm a fool now. Speaking of which, do you know what My Island needs? A hat! Cast Sink and use it to create a waterway-copy of my hat above it.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Looking at tall buildings and feeling small
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #257 on: January 11, 2017, 05:04:05 pm »

I'm a little behind on the Mage Eye. I'll edit this post when it's up to date.

I'll make a new post if I get it done b4 next update
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 06:20:31 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #258 on: January 11, 2017, 05:08:56 pm »

What about me?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #259 on: January 11, 2017, 05:17:40 pm »

Good to see you.

(I mean that in a friendly way)

Something you want to add, Gwolfski?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 05:33:21 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #260 on: January 11, 2017, 05:53:07 pm »

Apologies, I though I posted.

AGH! I can't find my last psot with colours in it! damn. Gotta go sleep now. 'Night!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 11, 2017, 05:56:31 pm »

The mage-in-training didn't know what to do with the vortex. He had a plan for what he'd make on the west side of this white land, a great sea, with a few buildings on the coast, maybe a lighthouse, and a few islands, maybe an underwater castle in the west edge. However, he didn't know what to do with the tall, slim whirlpool that he had just created. He likely couldn't move it without risking it's collapse, but he felt he had no right to destroy it. Perhaps, later, he could apply a blessing to the spiral, affecting those who entered it. Perhaps it would teleport them, providing a quick means of travel, or perhaps it could grant water-breathing, maybe even transformation into a creature of the sea, to grant access to it's grand depths..that is, when it is complete. Could one even enter the vortex safely? Was there even a risk of danger? He tried his best to analyze the nature and limits of the vortex. He took his quill, and began making note of these possibilities. When the voice of another mage rang his way, he felt glad to encounter one of the other, more experienced inhabitants here. His expectation of Southern hospitality was cut short by the great scar covering the other's visage. He felt, for a moment, repulsed, but brought himself back together, and said, "I don't think I could be of any help. I only have spells to a single degree of magnitude, and I could use a golem or two first. I did see Flophat- or Fauxhat, as you called him -a little to my north, so he may be going for..what's the place called again?" His tome floated back to his front, and opened to it's last two pages, which contained a map. "Donut Island. Might want to check there first. I'll stay a little to the north, in case he walks back this way".
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #262 on: January 13, 2017, 12:12:24 am »

I'm thinking about switching from 2-3 day format to daily to 2 day.
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2017, 04:05:58 pm »

(archive)

Spell Book | Code | New

Z • E • N • L • A • N • D

Welcome to Zenland. Originally, it looked like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...and here it is today:

People are welcome to join at any time.

WHAT ZL IS TO ME
Zen, firstly is deliberate, delightful, and insightful design in anything. It is a kind of playful ambient math that brings up feelings of prosperity and abundance. And it can seep into all things. See any images on zen gardens walkways and structures to know what I'm talking about. Much in the way of thinking of feng shui where flow happens.

So Zenland is a place where this insight is built right into the soil. Naturally peaceful and meditative but also playful. My visualization or a metaphor for this game would be a sand garden, like someone might have on a desk with rocks and a rake. ZL is lifeless and peaceful when undisturbed. Yet the elements give a new feeling when played with and interaction creates ripples echoing what was done.

Conflict and challenge will present itself as you try to delve deeper and explore your new world. It will react to your activities. The risks you take, the focuses you pursue. It is a deeply satisfying and fascinating forum game for me to be hosting for you. Please enjoy.

,-{JESTER}--,
        '----«----, |
        ,-{RED}---| |
[BLACK}-|-{GREEN}-| |-{WHITE]
        |-{BLUE}--' |
        |-----«-----|
        '-{GREY}----'

There are three branches of magic in ZL: red, green, and blue. It would be a fair analogy to compare them to earth, nature, and water. As an immortal magi, or mage you can perform miracles of all types.

You begin as a Black Mage, magnitude 1(√1). While your power is low you're still immune to harmful spells. This gives you time to find your footing. As you successfully cast spells you will accumulate color. Your class will change automatically when you meet the requirements.

A specific mechanic you will be required to do, to track your stats is use the rgb color font code. For example,

[glow=black,2,300][color=rgb(0,0,0)]Aloha![/color][/glow]

Aloha!

If you cast the red spell lift, and it succeeds, you add 15 red to your font when posting your next turn.

[color=rgb(15,0,0)]

That's really all you need to know to get started. Flip through the Spell Book and find a spell you like. When you're ready....  choose anywhere to begin!

Spell Book | Top

I host this bitch on my phone n00bz
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 04:23:23 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2017, 04:18:00 pm »

Z • E • N • L • A • N • D
LAND OF #45 MIRÅCLES

[|17•251 | 000•00|]

Spoiler: weather (click to show/hide)

"H E L P  M E" Run towards Gloven
Could one even enter the vortex safely? Was there even a risk of danger? He tried his best to analyze the nature and limits of the vortex.
Upon closer inspection, it can be seen..............
-You have no time to ponder such things, as a mage, a man, and a golem come flying out of the vortex... the mage lands to your right, the man to the left, and the root golem crashes straight into you. As you recover you hear a terrible moan coming from the vortex. It then disapates entirely.

"A horror."

Juggle back to red and cast golem as I pass Ocean Soul's lake. Use my highest possible magnitude. (2 I think?)
Instead of finishing your journey west right away, you take time to preform a spell at the lake.
Yet nothing happens. (no spell burn or color gain)

Well, that was a mess, but at least I'm a fool now. Speaking of which, do you know what My Island needs? A hat! Cast Sink and use it to create a waterway-copy of my hat above it.
Nothing happens. (no spell burn or color gain)

Quote from: hhhhat
Cast claim around My Island.

Eye
Tasks
Map

Changes:
Awesome With Autism

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2017, 04:31:32 pm »

I don't understand what happened
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 09:55:28 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2017, 04:53:05 pm »

"You and me both". The vortex was now gone, so it seemed. Chances were, it wouldn't come back. Take a look at the other two people. Or, at least, they look like people. Then compare the way they look to their appearance on the Mage's Eye. Then, cast Lift to the south-east-east of the once-vortex lake.

Edit: Helmacon, your spell didn't come through because you only PREformed it so far. You've done the part that comes before actually performing the spell. Next turn, you should be able to cast it wish a small positive modifier, maybe.
Edit 2: Roseheart, you may want to see this. It's from the 'what the above poster's avatar would say' thread.
"And for your bravery, you are to be presented with me, the coveted 'Juice Box being thrown at a guy in a sweatshirt' metal. Congradulations!"
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 09:05:38 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2017, 09:42:29 pm »

I don't understand what happened

"I pushed you in to the vortex between Arkagon Lake and this one.

Just in time, too."
Awesome With Autism

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 14, 2017, 09:44:07 pm »

Huh? What happened over there?

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 14, 2017, 09:59:22 pm »

((That was meant as OOC, but whatevs))

"Well, then you have my thanks. Mind telling me where I am?"

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23