Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: ZL (2016)  (Read 34793 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: ZL
« Reply #285 on: January 15, 2017, 06:27:38 pm »

Wait, was my spell a dud or was it preperation last time?

I was under the impression that it was preparation last time, so I thought it would be fairly intuitive that I would cast it this time, but you just said it was a dud so now i'm a little lost.

Helmacon, your spell didn't come through because you only PRE - formed it so far. You've done the part that comes before actually performing the spell. Next turn, you should be able to cast it wish a small positive modifier, maybe.
Wait.. when did preparing spells become a thing?
Update before this.
Spiritual successor to ”initiative" which was dropped.

I suppose I will that actually it seems fine.

If someone doesn't post a turn after trying to do a spell that was a dud(but not an eventful failure of some kind),
I will have them try again.

EDIT: Ok what? I read back over the updates and now i'm even more confused. I thought spell burn was the successor to initiative, but I didn't have any spell burn. I haven't cast a spell since I changed the weather a bunch of updates ago. When did prep become a thing? The spell book and OP's don't mention spellburn or initiative at all. I'M SO LOST!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 06:40:23 pm by helmacon »
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Hero Saga Setup: 97%. Other stuff Paused.
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #286 on: January 15, 2017, 06:43:05 pm »

"Well, then you have my thanks. Mind telling me where I am?"
This is my little part of the world. Haven't even given it a name yet. My Sink spell got a little too powerful, and created this water vortex right here...well, it WAS here.
The simple man has nothing to add, nor contend with the mage's reply of the question asked.

Helmacon, your spell didn't come through because you only PRE - formed it so far. You've done the part that comes before actually performing the spell. Next turn, you should be able to cast it wish a small positive modifier, maybe.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There is a CHANT spell that lets you prepay cooldown but otherwise no.

Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #287 on: January 15, 2017, 06:45:09 pm »

I don't use the phrase "nothing happened" casually in a game about magic.

So when I do it's pretty much 1:1
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #288 on: January 15, 2017, 06:49:17 pm »

The spell book says that Reveal can be used while it's raining. On the topic, Reveal is entirely aesthetic, right? Or could it provide minor utility based on class- for example, would a Blue mage revealing themselves as a merman gain movement through bodies of water?

EDIT: Ok what? I read back over the updates and now i'm even more confused. I thought spell burn was the successor to initiative, but I didn't have any spell burn. I haven't cast a spell since I changed the weather a bunch of updates ago. When did prep become a thing? The spell book and OP's don't mention spellburn or initiative at all. I'M SO LOST!

Sigh, I feel like I'm being subtlly told I shouldn't put the important changes in a spoiler at the end of updates:

Quote from: important stuffs wat ot be hurd
Some spells are obsolete, and I haven't had time to update them. However some are new: chant(pay a spell's burn before casting). And once each spell has a basic(bold) and advanced text, you'll know they are up to date again.
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #289 on: January 15, 2017, 07:41:08 pm »

Ok what? I read back over the updates and now i'm even more confused. I thought spell burn was the successor to initiative, but I didn't have any spell burn. I haven't cast a spell since I changed the weather a bunch of updates ago. When did prep become a thing? The spell book and OP's don't mention spellburn or initiative at all. I'M SO LOST!

Alright. I think I can help.

I think you're thinking there's some crazy crap that's going on and there is none.

Initiative WAS replaced with spell burn, that is correct.

In the most recent update you had it dud, someone I'm guessing ocean said it was the chant, incorrectly. (just a dud bro)

Are we all up to speed?
Awesome With Autism

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 15, 2017, 07:58:10 pm »

All good.  :) I think I have it all straight now. One last question though, since movement and talking are grey spells now is the whole; Command/move then Spells order of posts obsolete?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #291 on: January 15, 2017, 08:00:39 pm »

Absolutely. It was replaced by that.
Awesome With Autism

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 15, 2017, 08:07:11 pm »

Sorry about what I said, I was only pointing out a typo. Guess I didn't make it clear. Once again, sorry.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #293 on: January 15, 2017, 08:20:20 pm »

No I appreciate. Thanks. Keep it up. I just need a little bit of fuzzy room to see how things go before I polish up the spells again.
Awesome With Autism

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 16, 2017, 07:53:19 am »

I assume you mean a regular size hill. Or do you mean intentionally smaller than normal?

Yes, regular size.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 16, 2017, 12:03:49 pm »

Strange. Traverse to The Geyser and chant.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 16, 2017, 10:10:44 pm »

"Woah. . . I just had a vision.

I saw. . . an alien, smiling and waving at me. . .

Then, the portal mound, a ship landing on it. . .

A ring made of ten orbs. No, 5 rings, 10 orbs each?

A message. *When the number of miracles equals the number of orbs, the ship will come*

I see the Mage TopHat. Inside him, a golem of clay. No. . . is it a child inside? And all the other Mages of this world, they are like children. The first child, he bullies the others, and they cry. He finds a knife, but he just. . . ignores it.

Everything is white. . . except a door. The boy stands beyond it. He looks sad. . . The Mages wave goodbye, and close the door. . .

I see TopHat again. Inside him, a different boy, this one holding a key. . .

That's it. That's all I remember. . . "
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #297 on: January 17, 2017, 02:17:23 pm »

[|18•264 | 2morrw|]

ZL
Å LAND OF SECRETS AND DREÅMS

√1rain √2wind √1cold √2clouds
•      <      ¡      ~       
       <             ~       

#46 OCEAN SOUL'S LUCKY MISFIRE
cast Lift to the south-east-east of the once-vortex lake.
Strange. Traverse to The Geyser and chant.
Instead the rain stops. (still gain color)
You see TopHat heading east. (intentional black font)

#47 HELMACON'S DECENT MEHCESS
Juggle back to red and cast golem as I pass Ocean Soul's lake. Use my highest possible magnitude. (2 I think?)
Instead of finishing your journey west right away, you take time to preform a spell at the lake.
Yet nothing happens.
Um... complete my spell?
Two clay golems emerge.
((this is actually a standard success result now(for mag 2), but since it used to give extra clay golems I gave it to ya))

#48 TOPHAT?'S EPIC RECKONING
Cast Bright-Blessing, mag. 2, using 30 red (because hey, this is part of the Golem spell), to grant the gift of life to the Titan I appear to have created.
Your spell is so concentrated, it brakes up into waves of semi-spells.
A spell to awaken! And command loyalty!
First, the golem monument gets a glimmer to its' eyes and moans.
A spell to animate!
Next, a red wave pulses from you and the ground shakes. But nothing more seems to happen...
ANIMATE!
Another red pulse and...?

#49 MARKSDORF'S CURIOUS CHAIN-REACTION
Cast lift on the bottom left corner of the map to create a small hill.
As the ground begins to raise, it is as if it gets... stuck. You sense some kind of odd "mass", not heavier just.. odd.

You lean into the spell and the ground gives-way. Your hill has a cave in it. As the wind enters it makes a kind of chime. Why, it was a large hollow geode. Full of some kind of exotic crystals.

"Oooo"

Is it, talking?

GWOLFSKI'S BIG BREAK
Break out of my shell.
Light dances down little cracks along your marble body. Then with a burst of pebbles and dust you are free.

Map

Spell Burn:

(1)
OceanSoul
Marksdorf

(2)
helmacon
TopHat?

(prep 1)
TopHat¿

Medusa's Corner:
ufo

IMPORTANT: The next update will stop after the first successful spell, that will be the end of this thread!

It's been fun!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 06:59:09 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 17, 2017, 02:31:15 pm »

Wait, WHAT? Don't tell me you're giving up on this game!..But, why you you say this thread, with italics? Are you remaking this from scratch? I..just don't know..

And, no matter if this game's continuing or not, why did my first two spells have no spell burn, when my first one didn't?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #299 on: January 17, 2017, 02:51:57 pm »

It's definately continuing.

Not sure, your wording brakes my brain.
Awesome With Autism
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23