Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF Hack force siege  (Read 8382 times)

Caponimoq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF Hack force siege
« on: December 04, 2016, 10:58:15 pm »

I tried using "force siege" but if I type 'force siege FOREST' for example I get an elven caravan. If I type force siege EVIL I get a goblin caravan. How do I fix this?
Urist McDM:"Roll a dwarven stupidity check"
*Urist McPlayer rolls 1
*Urist Mcplayer gets stucked in a hole
Urist McPlayer has been found death

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: DF Hack force siege
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 02:33:33 pm »

You cant, the script no longer supports starting sieges, since the update to DF2016, because Toady one changed how armies behave on the world map.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 03:10:50 pm »

Yeah, gotta move the armies around now, which isn't easy.

I'm not sure how well it would work, but it is possible you could add a new army with a script that included all the links and such, but I'm pretty sure they would all arrive naked at best.

If you wanted you could load up civs you're around and check the df.global.world.entities[k].armies for an actual siege size group with the army_controller flags and such necessary to know they're being sent to fight someone else, then move their target to your fort, which I might be wrong about, but seems as simple as putting the army_controller.pos_x/pos_y within the bounds of your fortress, but it uses a different coordinate layout so the top left of the world map is 0/0, then the top left of the world map tile to the east of it is 47/0, etc, the bottom right corner of a 257x257 is 12335/12335, and it's a bit weird to figure out exactly where your fort is from fort mode.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 04:37:45 pm »

You cant, the script no longer supports starting sieges, since the update to DF2016, because Toady one changed how armies behave on the world map.
That was 0.40, actually (in 2014).

I'm surprised that it's triggering caravans instead of doing nothing, though. Perhaps Toady finally took out the ID for siege events, so it's triggering the wrong one now. I'll look into it.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Caponimoq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 06:20:33 pm »

Ah, another question, is it normal to never be attacked bu anything?
Urist McDM:"Roll a dwarven stupidity check"
*Urist McPlayer rolls 1
*Urist Mcplayer gets stucked in a hole
Urist McPlayer has been found death

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 07:47:09 pm »

Update: "force siege" isn't an option in at least DFHack 0.43.03-r1 and later (before then, it was CivAttack, but did nothing).

"force caravan" seems to work as expected.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.