Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 170887 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 09:31:49 am »

we should become a spider that can balloon
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 10:47:23 am »

Fonz (Aloof+Social Butterfly)
You were the cool cat, the mysterious spider girl. You remained alone a lot, partially because you liked being alone, partially because you love the air of mystery around you, yet you remained very keen on social happenings, knowing all the latest gossip with nearly all children around your age. Young boys were already starting to swoon for you and your manner. You were a big sister to those younger or weaker than you and seen as mature to those that were not.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 11:12:08 am »

Social butterfly/curious and sword and board
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2016, 12:08:19 pm »

Not sure what it's called. For a weapon I'd like the rocks on bands that you throw at somebody to tie thier legs together.

(or the rock launcher like clan of the cave bear female protagonist had)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 08:11:56 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2016, 01:37:01 pm »

I believe you're looking for bolas.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2016, 02:06:22 pm »

Social butterfly/curious and sword and board
+1

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2016, 02:31:35 pm »

Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2016, 03:07:17 pm »

we should become a spider that can balloon
+1 but I feel like the rat encounter cemented we are venemous

We could probably use the webbing as bolas in addition to what ever weapon we train in. I say go spear. But we'd have to wear light armor to maintain lift.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My problem with curious for an auto-personality trait is it makes us naive. We can still investigate manually but lets not do it default. This is fantasy land, not so friendly.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 08:15:14 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2016, 11:39:17 pm »

I would take bow & arrow. It's a traditional Drider weapon, for very good reason; they can coat their arrows in their own poison. And seeing how as a baby we were killing rats, we're gonna be remarkably deadly with our venom now. It's also a perfect ambush weapon.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2016, 02:55:01 pm »

Trouble in the workplace

Leg strikes, missy, leg strikes! If you disregard that, they'll slice you down to ribbons!
But he's so small!
That'll only get worse as you grow up, now focus!
Your sparring partner, Tommen, makes use of your distraction and strikes your ribs. The wooden training sword won't cause much more than a welt, but it still hurts. You focus, and attempt to strike at his legs. he jumps back, and attempts a rushing stab, which you block with the plank attached to your other arm. You return the favor as he recoils, striking him on the ribs. He winces, and you take another strike at his upper thigh. You back up quickly before he can retaliate. He attempts another charge, with an overhead sword strike, but the leg you struck makes him slightly slower. You dodge his strike, and strike with your stinger. You stand on your four hind legs and stick your abdomen through. You strike square on the chest, and you knock him down. You have a leather cover over your stinger, of course. Still, you knock him on his behind with the force alone.

Enough! Tommen, you were too aggressive again. Keep yourself collected in battle, or it will consume you. Or she might, given the opportunity!
Uncle Liam laugh heartily. You stomp on the floor with four of your legs as you say:
Uncle! Don't tell people that I go around eating people! People might believe it!
I-i don't think you eat people.... Tommen says. Whenever he's not fighting, he's honestly a real wallflower. He doesn't talk and never even knows anything of what's going on in the village. You tried getting him into some social graces, but even surrounded by people he never talks. You don't understand it.
It's probably why you like him so much. The one person you can't quite figure out in the whole village. Still, you don't know him THAT well, he mostly just serves as a sparring partner for you.

I'm pretty sure nobody's going to think you eat people if some crazy old man goes around saying it. Anyways, That'll be enough for this week. I'm expecting you to practice with those bolas I gave you. Remember, it's all in the throw. Technique over power, or else I'll just have you throwing rocks.
Got it, uncle. you say, as you take off the protections for your front knees and the helmet. The rough leather is uncomfortable, but it's better than breaking something. Tommen does the same, and runs off. He's never one for talking after training. You don't mind, however, you need a secluded spot anyway. You move further into the forest while uncle Liam begins to clean up the place. When you find yourself sufficiently secluded(which required you climbing up a large tree) you take off your tunic and remove your binder. Finally, you can breathe easy!
Puberty is not kind to the female warrior. At least you don't have to deal with periods, which sounds positively ghastly. You slip your tunic back on and begin the walk back home to the inn. Father said you needed to cook today, anyways, and there's hell to pay when you don't do your chores.

The walk back was uneventful, and you reach your village soon. The proud statue of its founder still stands stoically, forever peering with its silver-encrusted eyes. You never found out why he was important enough to warrant a statue, but you didn't really care enough. You wave to some of your friends in the distance as you continue towards the inn. The largest home in the village, it has enough room to house all of the townsfolk, and then some. It was a lot smaller, back in the day, but your father worked on the expansions whenever it wasn't tourist season while you worked the bar. You still got the occasional traveler coming to see the local drider bartender, of course, but mostly it's just the townsfolk coming in for a drink. Adventurer parties gather here as well, which was the main reason the expansions are divided in rooms instead of making a giant hall. More shadowy corners for idiots to remain in. We started asking extra for those, which worked to great effect. You'll never be able to afford one of those quantum inns, of course, in which the whole thing is made up of "dark corners away from everyone else". fancy stuff. The number of travelers has increased since about four years ago, and you can't quite figure out why. You love it, though, all the more people to tell of what's happening in the world. The legendary twinkle in your eyes is a popular attraction for travelers with stories to tell.

You can't wait until you're old enough to go adventure yourself. Slaying monsters, saving damsels, making the most amazing friends...
Until then, however, you clean the counter and serve drinks. You enter the inn, and see your father cleaning a glass behind the counter. The massive wall of all manner of drinks is as impressive as always. The inn appears empty for now, but as lunch is approaching, that will change in very little time.
Hey, puddin'. Get your butt to the kitchen, we've got people incoming.
Almost as on cue, the door opens as you crawl over the counter. It's uncle Liam, shouting:
I'll be taking my payment, Alibert! In the form of a cold glass of Green Bliss!
You go inside the kitchen as your father begins to pour.You pull your favorite leather apron off a hook and put it on. The pots and pans were washed yesterday, and you get to work on the Mutterstew. It's the most complicated thing here, but it refills a mage's mana by a heck of lot. You start by taking a bottle of your poison, pouring into a special pot and putting it in the oven to boil. This will prevent it from actually poisoning someone. You can peel the vegetables while it works. By the time you finish everything you are likely to need for today (you can peel really fast when you've got pedipalps to help cut) the first order comes in. Fortunately, it's not Mutterstew, just some chicken with applesauce. You pull a chicken out of the larder, taking care not to get blood on you (A spell is used to keep the meat fresh, but it's a little too fresh, sometimes.) you put the apples in a bowl, attach some pestles to your pedipalps, and multitask the chicken preperation and the apple crushing. Spices for the chicken here, sugar for the applesauce there...
You're finished in ten minutes. As no other orders came in, you decide to bring the meal yourself. You put it on a platter and walk into the inn itself.

as you enter, you see three men at the counter. They look grubby, and each of them wear green hoods. Uncle Liam looks wary and your father looks at them with disdain.
Aaah, look at that! Looks like you WERE holding out on us, old man. You do have something interesting in here. the one at the front says with a gravely voice. He sounds like he gargles tar for a living.
If you wanted chicken, you should have just asked. Your father says through clenched teeth.
Nah... I'm thinking of some different meat. Hey, spidergirl! he points to you. I saw you in the forest earlier. I was gonna crack your skull open for wandering in our territory, but then, hoh hooo. You gave me quite the show there.
You face flushes red as you put down the tray of food. This pervert! Peeping on you like that! You crawl over the counter and wander closer to him. This little puke smiles at your furious approach. If looks could kill, you would have disintegrated him. You are at equal height, so you stretch your legs a little to appear larger.
He just laughs. What?! You tryin' to intimidate me? I'm not scared of some spider, especially when half of it so pretty.
Your blood feels like it's positively boiling! Your father and uncle share the sentiment. Uncle Liam already pulled out a small club, and you know your father keeps his old hook just below the counter. These idiots are also armed, though. you see two sheaths on each of them. You are unarmed, apart from your stings and bare hands.
What do you do?

Stats:

Also of note, ballooning is impossible for driders, as they are far too heavy.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 02:48:09 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2016, 03:29:21 pm »

PERVERT! Tell him to go away, or I'l sting him. If he doesn't go away, then sting him. Preferabaly not lethally.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2016, 03:56:05 pm »

Also of note, ballooning is impossible for driders, as they are far too heavy.

Awww! Thought you were going to reveal that was her puberty!

Seeing as how a hurricane could make a house fly. Adding a large enough kite to just about anything would... in enough wind..

Anyways, That'll be enough for this week. I'm expecting you to practice with those bolas I gave you.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:06:33 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2016, 04:13:19 pm »

PERVERT! Tell him to go away, or I'l sting him. If he doesn't go away, then sting him. Preferabaly not lethally.
+1

Glory to United Forenia!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2016, 05:22:34 am »

Rather than stinging him, just slap him. Or throw his lunch on his face. On the other hand, we are supposed to have strong legs, so we might as well kick him.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2016, 01:23:03 pm »

A brush with death

I think you should leave.
Or what, you're gonna hit me? He leans in closer and whispers :I'm into that, you know
I'll leave you foaming on the floor, you little wretch!
Careful, Lou. one of the other men says, That's a poisonous one. My cousin was dying for a week when he messed with the last one!
The man leans back, looking considerably more wary.
Poison? Well then, I guess we're not going to do anything fun. I'm not using spoiled meat.

He unsheathes his dagger and slams the pommel on the counter.
I'll be taking all the money here instead! Maybe we can still buy ourselves some fun in this hodunk town. And don't think about trying anything funny, or el-
He doesn't get to finish that sentence as your dad slaps him with the side of his hook. The man stumbles back, dropping his dagger as his friends pull out their weapons. You uncle quickly clubs one over the head, leaving him dazed. Another thwack leaves him unconscious as the remaining cronies both back up a bit.
Father roars out: You barge into my home, you insult my daughter, and now you plan to rob me!? I should tear out your eyes!
He hops over the counter as the leader of the bunch unsheathes his other weapon, a shortsword. Your father throws his hook, but the man dodges, and steps on the rope. You father gives a mighty haul, releasing the hook from it's foot-prison. Your uncle grabs a platter and goes forward, using it as a shield. The remaining minion charges forward, flailing his dagger and short-sword around wildly. Your uncle deflects one blow, and uses his remaining arm to smack away the other. You help out, rushing forward and stabbing him with your stinger. You, unfortunately, fall on your back. You roll back over, with the only wound being your pride. The one you stung, however, is far worse off. He's twitching randomly, although he's still standing. He looks terrified, however. He's just about ready to run.
A yell from your father distracts you from the poisoned guy. Your father took a slash to his left arm, and jumps back, clutching the wound. Your uncle rushes forward, telling you to finish the other one off.

Enraged by your father's wound, you skitter over in a rage to the remaining man, hissing animalistically. He drops his weapons, and tries to run. You sting him again as he turns around. He almost makes it to the door before falling down and vomiting. You laugh in triumph and turn around to look at the creep fighting your father and uncle. He seems to realise he's outmatched, however, and rushes to the door. You attempt to block him but...
Wrong move, freak!
You feel the coldness of the blade before the pain. He stabs you straight in the belly as he pushes your aside. You fall. You grip at the blade, seeing the blood gushing out of you, you can't even scream as panic takes hold. Your vision begins to blur and blacken as your legs give out. You can't even hear anything over the the sound of your heartbeat.
THUMP THUMP THUMP is all you can hear. You feel a growing numbness over your whole body.
THUMP THump thump thu-
And then. There was the endless black...

And then you wake up. You take a massive gasp, the breath of life. You flail a bit in a panic, but as your sight returns you see your father and uncle. Your father has tears on his face and your uncle looks more scared than you've ever seen him. Next to them is a young man in a white robe. He speaks:
Hey, spider-girl! Welcome back to the world of the living. We almost lost you there.
W-what?
Don't worry, I'm a healer. You're going to be a little sore, but you're fine otherwise.
He wasn't lying. You feel like you pulled the mother of all muscles where the sword entered. Looking down, you see that there's still some scarring. It'll look cool, at the very least...
I cannot even begin to tell you how much this matters to me, Mister Ambrosius.
Please, call me Brom. And don't worry about it, It's my duty to aid where I can.
Your uncle takes you arm over your shoulder, and you stumble up. You feel a little wobbly, but otherwise fine. Mentally, it hasn't quite sunk in what happened.

You must be out of mana from this. I can get you some mutterstew right now, if you want. On the house, of course
Ah, that'd be wonderful! I haven't had that in years.
I-I'll get right on it!
Your dad outright runs to the kitchen, climbing over the counter. He leaves the three of you a little confused.
...hm. He's trying to keep his mind off of this. I think if he lost his family twice...
What!?
He never told you? oh dear... Well, I don't think I need to elaborate on that.  Mr Ambrosius, I hope I can make the request to let the young lady dine with you?
Of course, of course. I wanted to ask some things of her, anyway. And I'm sure she has some questions.
I'll grab your sitting bag. Walk carefully. Healing magic gives quite a kick the first time.

You walk to the table. You see a man in the background sheepishly eating the chicken you prepared earlier. He's the boy that works in the mill. He likely just avoided the fight, which you can hardly blame him for. The fact that he just grabbed his food while you were, for all intents and purposes, dying is a little insulting though...
Please don't be angry with the boy. He was probably more scared then you were. Shock does some strange things to people, you know. I had a man giggling as I knitted his arm back together on the here. It's all part of how you deal with it, I suppose. Now, if you don't mind. I'd like to ask the first few questions.
To start, What's your name?

Choose your name now, and choose how you answer his questions.

Doctor-patient confidentiality
You say the truth to everything he could possibly ask, even the embarrassing bits. Your pride might take a bit of a hit, though...
Normally
You say what you would say to any other stranger. Mostly truthful, but you dodge the uncomfortable options
Evasive
Who knows what this man wants. Best to tell him as little as possible.

I'm considering to remove the different options at the end of updates. What do you people think?
Remember that you can always say things that aren't part of the options
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 02:49:01 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 216