Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 170895 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2280 on: July 18, 2018, 03:02:20 pm »

She seems sick enough that we can't tell what she'll do next.  I say we kill her, or leech her and then kill her.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: July 18, 2018, 09:43:40 pm »

She is very much correct that we are a fascinating test subject. She should be loyal for a few weeks of observation, provided that she can't drag us to a lab. If we are ever going to leech anyone it should probably be Albus. It is doubtful that there is much personality left to care nor for anyone else to notice the difference, and it would provide us with a potent asset until we can get rid of the arm... Also we could really use Albus against the Queen.

Leech Albus and meet up with our nearest familiar.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: July 20, 2018, 12:43:49 pm »

...Fine. Fine! You get to come with me.
She gasps, elated. She seem genuinely excited.
Oh my gosh! I know you'd come around! Haha! Come, let's find Albus. I would love to see what you're planning on him... And, don't feel bad. He only has about a week to live or so. His poor heart can't keep up with that ever-expanding body.
Ugh... How long was that thing... like that?
Hmmm, well, the treatments started about a week ago, but the test subject only turned into this beautiful work of art about a day ago. It was a woman, you know? But, any sexual characteristics were lost in the enhancement progress... Or else it'd want to breed pretty much non-stop. Something about those hormones acting up, and Queeny didn't want a rape-machine. Neither did I, of course, hard to aim in the right direction.
Why the hell is it a "he", then?
"It" was so impersonal...
My god.
She was dying, you know. If anything, I granted her two weeks of life.
...If you call that "life".
Anything is better than death. That just makes sense, and it is my duty as doctor to prevent any death that is not needed.
Twisted, twisted, twisted.

You go in the direction of Albus, though you pick up one of the doctor coats on the way out. She seems to have spares, though you're kind of wondering why there are six sleeves for some of them. You decide against asking why, considering you don't exactly have time, but hell. You don't doubt that she's done some work on herself, of course. Does she have multi-limbs?
Maybe she just had another assistant that she "enhanced. The place does have room for far more people than there are present, but everybody's busy, regardless. As you walk towards the exit (things are marked quite well, oddly. You somehow don't expect a creepy sterile lab to be so marked out. Must be that dwarven architecture.) you keep the lady talking.  Going through the questions you meant to ask at the time. Starting with: What do you know about those clones, and my mother?
Oh, them? Well, I figured out the fact that they're all sisters from the DNA samples, of course. A sort of blueprint, if you don't now what that is. Similarities were clear, but there was enough of a difference. I figure they're half-sisters, however. You're quite different, your eyes are a different color and you're built a bit more sturdy. Larger skeleton, I mean. I don't think that the driders are made naturally, however, something doesn't add up. The part that the father should logically bring seems off, so I'm assuming it's magic. Eastern, of course.
In what way does it not add up?
The defects are just too specific. None of them have magic, all have sub-optimal IQ, a tendency towards albinism... All interesting characteristics for the eastern slave trade, obviously. Docile, easily trained, exotic without being un-eastern... Albinism is popular, because it prevents people from running away. 
Disgusting.
I know. That skin is just so unseemly, not to mention the eyesigt. Oh well, nothing some grafts and cybernetics can't fix, as far as I'm concerned. Oh, but I'm getting off track, no? Anyhow, the amount of driders that are spewing forth is pretty much impossible for a drider. So the artificial insemination is likely made to be efficient. Any defects just add to the price, even the gimpy ones. The woman herself is likely in pain, though. And why would one need driders so much? A dwarf works so much better, less questions, sturdy, a tendency towards practical skills while being retarded in the social and improvisational ones. They're delightful!
You decide against giving that lady an answer as she prattles on. She's so sickeningly excited about it all, and you're starting to doubt if she even knows what she's doing is wrong.

How can I take down the queen?
Siccing Albus on her won't be enough. She's big, as you could tell, so you'll have to do some climbing. Explosives would work, as well, provided you're precise. She's tough, if senile. Unless, of course, you abuse the fact that she won't leave. Poison would work very well, you know, and she has a weak heart. Alternatively, cut at the gaps of plating on her legs. If she was younger, the tendons and muscles in there would be like iron. As it stands, they're just under extreme amounts of stress, trying to keep her up. She's a bit of a magic user, but she's not nearly as good as she thinks she is. But she IS a glass caster. Lots of little shards in her attacks, so the doctor's coat won't help you at all. We should stop by the preatorian's offices. They're all busy fighting, below.
Right. How would we cure this plague of yours?
Cure? Hmmm... Would be a little difficult to get them back to how they were, considering the effects. It feels really good, too, there's a decent chance they'll just break if you take that away.
The hell are you talking about?
Well, they appear angry, of course, but the brain itself is flooded in all manner of feel-good chemicals. They're essentially flying around in a dream, even if their body is very busy attacking whatever.
Killing them sounds like the better option.
What? No! Just put them somewhere they can't hurt themselves, and let them live in that pleasure! Killing is very immoral, you know, at least without cause.
...Is there a way to cure them, yes or no?
Well, a salt cleansing would work. Alternativel, using some samples would ring you to an antidote. I could even turn it into a gas, though I'd need quite some time.
I guess we'll figure it out. We'd better get to taking down the queen.
Yes. She's far outlived her lifespan, at this point. Oh, take a left here. Albus should be there.

You enter a room marked with "servant containment". You don't like the sound of that. You see Albus lying on the ground, the great beast looks almost peaceful now that it's "asleep". You just wish it would close its eyes when doing so. Looking around, you see no lack of sharp tools and other things to "work with". She's had plenty of servants, that's for sure, but the room is empty right now. You take a hacksaw and start trying to cut this monster open. It doesn't take too long before a cut shows up, but DAMN this thing is hard to get through. The damned thing heals, too, so it's a race of saw against flesh until, finally, you think the hole is big enough and plant your hand against it. You feel the very distinct and unique sensation of your hand opening up (It's kind of like popping a blister, except colder and the feeling goes all the way up to your elbow) and you feel something squirm out. You pull your arm back, feeling a little light-headed, and you see the "tail" of a purple-red thing squirming around in the wound as it eats its way through. In just a few seconds, it's gone.
Albus? Get up!
The beast wordlessly complies, getting up as carefully as possible. You notice that its eyes have turned a strange yellow color. Not in that the pupils have changed, it's just that the eyes are bloodshot and the skin around it looks generally unhealthy. It doesn't change much about how scary this hunk of meat in front of you is.
The scientist just stares, her shoulder-length hair covering up her face from where you're standing. You hear her mumbling to herself, but its all just complicated-sounding words that you can't even follow, even if she wasn't speaking a mile-a-minute.

You can pick up your kids on the way out, but perhaps you need a plan. Hell, you need a weapon. What could you find in a hospital that's useful?

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: July 20, 2018, 02:08:48 pm »

Maybe we should ask where exactly our equipment went.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: July 20, 2018, 03:07:30 pm »

and if she has some kind of saw or whatever that looks like a sword

Or if she has some kind of potion that might help our regeneration

And to prepare our excuse, I dunno, that we controlled the beast with necromancy and the scientist was an insurgent, that we just got scared when we woke up in a tank

We should talk with our friends that we are saved and go in their direction

Just got very confused, the scientist, is she a human? a dwarf? a drider?

and so.. I thought that our mother was the responsible, but it looks like she is the victim, even that she might not be a good person, saving her should be nice

failing mean that we will be used as a cattle like her
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: July 21, 2018, 09:01:57 pm »

I believe that the doctor is currently a drider, I mostly want to see what happens if we can get her to collaborate with Sucy...

If we can find our stuff then I am tempted to just lob one of our special grenades at The Queen. Egging her would have been grand, but there is no time to wait for that, and asking for a venom-reproductive-metabolic-stimulant from an M.D. with a doctorate in body-horror is not a comforting proposal... but, umm, we should ask, just to know our options... .

Get our kids of course.

And if we lose our cookbook, then we lose the game!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: July 22, 2018, 11:48:21 am »

Where the hell did you put my equipment?
The white-carapaced drider jumps out of her ruminations. She shakes her head, placing herself back in reality as you look at her with an annoyed expression. She seems to think for an extended period, even sticking her tongue out as she thinks. Eventually, she just smiles a bit a blushes.
I forgot! Albus removed everything it deemed dangerous, but I honestly forgot where i put your clothing. I figure your party picked up anything valuable, if they kept going... Do you need a weapon?
I wasn't about to go around and end a rule of a horrifying twenty-meter tall drider queen with nothing but my bare hands.
I mean, you could probably do it.
And yet, I desire a sword. Funny how that works.
Well! I have some old things around, some remains from previous minions. Hold on!
She walks over to an inconspicuous looking wall at the end of the room, knocks on it a few times until she hears a different sound. With a quick press of her palm, a compartment opens up and the wall shifts into the floor with a rumble. The secret wall reveals...
Bone weapons?
A little more complicated than that. But, yes, if you look at the base structure, it's bones. I had a short stint with osteomancy, once, but the field bored me after fifteen years. Still, made a few interesting creatures, but they crumbled into dust without the upkeep. Weapons remained, so that'll work.
Most of these look closer to tools than proper weapons. Scythes, hammers, even a few twisted looking sticks of bone. Eventually, you find something that seems close enough to a sword for you to use comfortably. A large, curved piece of bone in the shape of a scimitar. The handle is a little large, but so is your new hand. Hell, this should work, provided it doesn't just explode into dust upon contact. Bone isn't known for being the most effective material...

And clothing? What about that?
Hmmm? Oh, the entrance has a few clothing options. Patients without a future tend to leave it behind. Hell, you could try out Albus' clothing, I believe his... Well, it was her at the time, clothes should fit you decently.
It'll have to do, I suppose. Do you have any painkillers?
A few. OH, I see. You must be starting to feel the effects of your injuries. Yes, I prevented scarring, but you're still a long ways off from healthy. I COULD fix you up lickety-split with a quick operation, hell, I'd even give you some backup organs, just in case!
Not now. Not later. Not ever.
Oh well. Then you'll just need a couple stimpacks to keep moving, or you'll just have to figure it out on your own. It's a bit dangerous to do.
In what way?
Heart attacks, pushing your body beyond its limits... Nothing I can't fix with some impromptu surgery, mind, but I think you'd like to avoid that? Still, it's surprisingly intimate.
Let's... not do that.
Fair enough. Now, I only have one projectile weapon, but it's non-lethal. My syringe launcher allows some on the fly anaesthesia, though my products are fairly finicky. If i use the wrong serums, there could be dire consequences. I could even kill somebody, you know? Dwarves can't take a drider dosage.
I don't think I care. A lot of people are going to be dead when I'm done.
Ooh. She shudders, holding herself. How forceful!
Why are you like this.
Care to find out~?
No.

...I need my damned cookbook.
Oh, don't worry. We can go looking through the hospital, or you can just get it AFTER the whole society has been dealt with. We're in no rush, you know! Or we could just leave?
I think we ARE in a rush, considering the situation.
Oh well...

Look through the hospital
You need your original gear right now.

Just get going!
You're wasting time, and things are probably going tits-up as it is.

Get those stimpacks anyway.
Dangerous, but it might save you in a pinch.

...Fix me anyway.
Ready for that risk?

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: July 22, 2018, 11:44:09 pm »

It's possible that our friends knocks our door in the middle of the surgery

and it put's us in too much risk without somebody to watch her.

we should get our stimpaks

maybe we would need to use them, but just for being sure we should only use 75% of them to minimize the risks

ask if albus can still remember where he drops the stuff

we are going there find our friends
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: July 22, 2018, 11:50:38 pm »

Screw the stimpacks for healing.  We need some weaponized.  All the heart attacks, none of the healing, we use something like that on the queen.  She is really old, after all, probably fairly vulnerable to such.  A syringe launcher sounds like just the thing for dosage from a range.

As for healing, I recommend good old vampirism.  This doc can live, drained of a good chunk of her blood volume and shoved in a closet.  That way she gets to live, and we get some healing.  We even know of a handy closet!

Alternatively we keep them around for healing, but I'm not sure we have enough of our bombs left for queenkilling..  so yeah.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 02:09:32 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: July 22, 2018, 11:56:03 pm »

As for healing, I recommend good old vampirism.  This doc can live, drained of a good chunk of her blood volume and shoved in a closet.  That way she gets to live, and we get some healing.

The doc would probably love that. So obviously we need to do it.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: July 23, 2018, 03:09:08 pm »

I'm taking those stims, though I'll not be using them on myself.
Hmm? What are you going to use them on, then? Your party is quite a ways off, you know.
That's for me to know and for you to wonder. Now, I AM going to need a little healing, and I guarantee that you'll be able to help with that.
Ohh! Are you coming around? Excellent...
I'm going to drain you and put you in a closet.
You see her face fall a little in surprise, and you grin in delight. Time for a creep-out turnabout! Then, of course, she jumps in delight as her legs twitch around.
Oh, please do! Come on, come on come on come on!
butt y tho
You just shrug before you grab her by the arm and shoulders and jam your fangs into her neck. You can feel her pulse as you work, and its very rapidly increasing as you work. She doesn't have the decency to not enjoy it, though you admit that feeling your generally cracked body heal up is as literal of a feel-good moment as you can imagine. Still, the way she twitches and touches you in whatever way she can kind of undercuts it.
You should have put on some damned clothing first.

When you release her, she looks pale, dizzy... spent. She leans on you to stop herself from falling over, though considering you're both driders you take on a lot of weight at once. You can handle it, of course, you're about two heads taller than her. Not to mention, her legs are VERY thin at the ends, though they're a bit thicker up top, with "tufts" of hair instead of a solid coat of any type. It gives a very odd effect, though you haven't been paying much attention to her legs before.
It's kind of cute, in a weird way.
You shake your head as you carry her along for a moment, actually placing her on top of your spidery body after a few attempts. She hangs over your shoulders, drooling a little. After a short walk, you stuff her in a closet. Considering the amount of blood gone, she'll be out like a light for a little longer. You knew that most driders are a little lighter than they first appear, as the size/weight ratio is actually rather modest, but she was a real featherweight.You also loot her as you leave her behind to sleep it off, giving you five stimpacks a sort of crossbow, specially made for said syringes. It's a bit small for anything bigger...
She moves over to open a bag of something, and starts eating whatever's inside. Great, a food closet. What good place to put her. You close the door as she waves you goodbye and winks. Well, that leaves you fine and dandy, and without her! Excellent, all round.
Sort of. It wasn't a very big heal. Enough to get you moving, at least.
Finding the front of the hospital wasn't hard, and true to her word, you find your spiderlings in a large terrarium. With round bellies and content-looking little eyes. Looks like she's fed them with some assortments of virmin and...
A human hand.
Why.

You take your kids out of there, and look through the "lost and found" box for some clothing. You find a sweather and an odd skirt. You've seen it around town a few times, a pencil skirt, though this one has been adapted for driders. Hardly useful for you, though, you need some movement. You find a more traditional skirt fairly soon, allowing a full range of movement. You'd be in trouble if you had an actual human but, you suppose, but that's neither here nor there. Sadly, there are no bras in your size, but the sweater should prevent too much discomfort.
Ready as you'll ever be, you open the front door and look around. Cave walls, and a few waysigns. The most enticing one is labelled "royal room". The other ones point to "barracks", and another towards "arena".
Arena?

Where are we going now?

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: July 23, 2018, 08:46:48 pm »

Maybe go back to using the cat to communicate with the police outside. Still don't have a radio, but we should give an update.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: July 24, 2018, 02:02:36 pm »

What albus is doing? we should just put a leech in it's hand and say "you can eat"

see where our allies are with the poop boss

and of course

soul vision
Novice english wordsmith

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: July 24, 2018, 03:58:03 pm »

Nobody's given a direction yet, so Barracks!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: July 24, 2018, 08:47:32 pm »

Whichever one is empty to soul vision.  If they all are, barracks.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 216