Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 170759 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2016, 01:44:36 pm »

"My name is Sydney."Evasive
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2016, 03:21:45 pm »

"My name is Sydney."Doctor-Patient Confidentiality
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2016, 05:37:06 pm »

"My name is Sydney."Normally.

Would it be wrong to go with normal since both of the other votes counteract each other?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2016, 05:58:29 pm »

Would it be wrong to go with normal since both of the other votes counteract each other?

+1

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2016, 06:12:50 pm »

+1
+1
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2016, 11:10:02 am »

Normal is the way to go.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2016, 04:34:47 pm »

Doctor's confidentiality

My name is Sydney.
Hah! Really? That's quite fitting.
How so?
Alternate dimension thing, it doesn't matter. Let me move on to the next question. Who is your mother?
It's just my dad. He found me in Shuttlebug Canyon, twelve miles south of here.
You never tried to find your mother or your real father?. You look away from his face and quickly change the subject. The idea of your "real parents" gave you quite a bit of angst a year back. No need to start digging up that hole again...
Why do you wear that cloak? Wizards make for attractive targets for bandits.
You can just tell me if you don't wish to speak of something. And yes, I did have some trouble along the way. That's why I have Reynauld and Dismas to help me out. They're the ones that carried off the unconscious ones. They should return anytime now...
Who are Reynauld and Dismas?
Mercenaries, basically. A little rough around the edges, but they're good people. But I believe I was the one asking questions, Ms. Aestinus.

Your uncle's voice enters the conversation. He unceremoniously dumps your beanbag, allowing you to sit down.
"Ms. Aestinus" would be Alibert's late wife. For his sake, just call the girl Sydney. Or just "Miss".
Of course. My apologies. But anyway. Sydney, do you still feel any sort of pain?
It's a bit sore.
That's good, that means it's healing. It takes a while for every bit to return to how it was. It was a nasty wound you took, you know. It slicedyour lung and outright perforated your stomach. It's good that I was here, or else...
I get that! Your heart feels like it's going to burst out of your chest at the mention of your near-death.
I'm sorry. Look, let me ask a few more questions, so I can be absolutely sure you're fine. Are you sexually active?
W-What the hell does that have to do with anything!?
She's fourteen years old, doc, come on now.
Fourteen!? But I- eh. I... His measured personality cracks like an egg. His face gains a flush of red as he stumbles over his words. Fortunately for him, he's saved by the bell. Or just the door, in this case. Two men enter the inn. One is covered head to toe in a knight's armor, and he carries the seal of a crusader on his chest. The other is dressed less conspicuously, wearing a fur coat and heavy boots. He keeps a handkerchief bound around his neck, along with an odd pendant. He also seems to be carrying a dwarven pistol, which is rather exceptional.
We brought them over to the lock-up, boss. We got some coin out of it, 50 pieces. They had a bounty for vandalism. You want it? The man in the coat says.
Consider it part of your pay. You've done excellent work.
We thank you, Ambrosius. says the crusader.

Anyways, back to you. When did your puberty start?
Stop asking me these types of questions! what do they matter?
Bron slams his fist down on the table, startling both you and uncle Liam.
Magic works differently on virgins and children. Read a fairy-tale sometime!
alright, alright... I don't know when my puberty really began. I didn't get a period like the rest.
Lovely, I'll just work on averages, then. You should be fine in about one day, try to avoid any strenuous activity.
Alright...

You dad comes in with the mutterstew. As usual, you hear a faint whispering coming from the pot. It was creepy at first, until someone explained to you that it's demon cooking broadcasts that get caught up in the magical bits of the stew. Something about it being just the right shape for it. You even write some of them down, occasional.
unexpectedly,  demons make some really good lightly fried fish filet.
You stick around to just talk a little bit more with mister Ambrosius. He will be remaining in town for a few more days to restock, and then he'll move on to the nearest city of Angorpa, thirty-five miles from here.
You take your leave, and just go to your room to relax a while. Your father closes the inn after today's happenings anyway. You spend the rest of day doing nothing at all, really. The story of what happened spread through town fairly fast, and the next morning there's a guard standing by the door. He's just there to guard it, as they expect a possible retaliation. The matching outfits seem to indicate a possible bandit group in the forest, so security will be tightened.
You certainly feel safe. Life returns to normal in about a week's time. No more trouble appeared.

Two years went by since that day. You continued your training with uncle Liam, and got quite good at what you do. Your poison also seemed to increase in potency, and you learned how to create your own bolas from nothing but your web and some rocks. Ambrosius made it a habit of his to visit the town every few months, after discovering that your town lacks a healer of any sort and most maladies are solved through your local alchemist. He's a welcome sight for the whole village, and the mayor pays him quite a bit for his service to the town. It was during one of those visits that something happened.
Something bad.

It began with a loud banging in the middle of the night. It sounds like somebody wants to kick the door of the inn in two. You sleep in the attic, using a hammock made from your own webs. The window is big enough for you to fit, even now that you're sixteen years. You peek out the window, and see a man in a green cap kicking the front door of the inn. He is wielding a torch in hand and appears armed. You glance over to your equipment, a simple iron sword, a wooden shield and your bolas lie ready next to your wardrobe.
What do you do?

stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This was a bit of a rough update.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 02:49:41 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2016, 04:47:56 pm »

Grab the bolas and aim them at the door, ready for when the man comes in. When he comes in, if he's hostile, throw them at him
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2016, 05:34:47 pm »

Climb out the window, bola (is that the right verb? Bolarize, perhaps?) the man, then ask him what he wants.

(Shoot first, ask questions later: works much better with bolas)
Long Live United Forenia!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2016, 06:31:19 pm »

The problem is if he's here to quickly help us slowing him down with the Bolas may be a problem.
Awesome With Autism

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2016, 07:21:33 pm »

+1 to bola from the window.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2016, 07:35:33 pm »

(Oh hello darkest dungeon! Nice to see that reference!)
bolas and interrogate from the window.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 07:38:32 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2016, 08:28:08 pm »

How dry is the environment, and what is the inn made out of?

If we bola the guy, he might drop his torch, which could be a bad thing.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2016, 09:01:49 pm »

The problem is if he's here to quickly help us slowing him down with the Bolas may be a problem.

-1 to pre-emptive bola
+1 to bola after revealing hostile intent
Awesome With Autism

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2016, 09:06:52 pm »

-1 to pre-emptive bola
+1 to bola after revealing hostile intent
Give a warning, then bola

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 216