Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: creating new non lethal weapons and bases and base upgrades  (Read 1710 times)

shadowgod3211

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
creating new non lethal weapons and bases and base upgrades
« on: December 08, 2016, 11:00:53 pm »

so I've been having alot of trouble with trying to create non lethal weapons for example a sleeping gas grenade or a non lethal shock grenade or a dart gun with sleeping darts but i need 2 effects that are needed for this 1.sleeping/knocked out effect 2.stunned/knocked out those are 2 of the main troubles i'm having with the non lethal weapons

and I'm also having trouble putting in custom bases and custom base upgrades

and i'm also having trouble with add member wizard due to the fact i don't know how to see the return types and parameter types from other functions like can_take_hostages() const

so can someone tell me on how to properly do these things

I'll be really grateful if you helped me

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: creating new non lethal weapons and bases and base upgrades
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 03:03:56 am »

Per C standards, default return type of a function is int if none is provided.

If no parameters are provided in the function declaration, it's safe to assume void (zero parameters).  You probably aren't using a compiler archaic enough for this to be wrong.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 01:08:54 pm »

In C++ 98, and, spekaing of which, in post-1990s C versions, there is no is as default return type.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

shadowgod3211

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 07:28:27 pm »

In C++ 98, and, spekaing of which, in post-1990s C versions, there is no is as default return type.

i'm using visual studios 2015

also if you guys are interested in helping just email me at shadowgod3211@live.ca so i can add you to the team's website due to the fact it's members only (sorry on my part e.e didn't know i had to send a email invite in order to add people to the team)