Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Update 1.23 - Decorations and extended words/language files.  (Read 11307 times)

Kebab

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.23 - Decorations and extended words/language files.
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 12:37:53 pm »

When i try to load a game i get GL error, but I've got the latest drivers for my graphics card.
This doesn't happen with the previous version of the mod... What's wrong?

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 06:29:32 pm »

The game keeps crashing. My error log shows similar results as the others.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 08:01:37 pm »

If anyone has any issues with the new language files please send them to me.  Its version 0.10.0 of expanded dictionary... I'm actually releasing 0.10.1 right now, but I'm sure meph will be updating it as I update it.  I'm going to continue to cut it down and remove junk entries as they are spotted.  I expect spelling errors and the sooner someone finds one and lets me know, I will get it fixed for the next version, thanks and much love to the community!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2016, 11:17:47 pm »

I think I'll have to split this up, to figure out which part is responsible, the new 32x graphics or the 18k language file entries. :/
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 02:51:25 pm »

Well I told you my concerns, I run fine without the Meph set, no crashes, I think we are seeing a cross of limited ram, limits of 32bit, and limits of cpu/gpu to deal with all of it.  I had some similar issues under 1.22 when I put the original version 0.8.4 in it.  I'm down .5M and 3000 entries from then.. I'm planning on trying to reduce another 5000 entries as we spot more non dwarfish words move a lot of the suffix endings from multiple full nouns to single suffix entries that would allow the versatility although I think just culling their tags will reduce the clutter significantly, that's my current choice, as they don't need front compound, of compound, the compound, but I've got to go through and find them.

But all of that will be fruitless if the issue is in the tileset itself.  I'm not fluent in the way the tileset is created, stored, etc in the game.  I'll continue trying to reduce the size of the language files any way it goes.

Which is why I need some people interested in reading and pointing out errors and changes.  Anyone can send info to me through the pm system here or post it to the mod page in the mod section of this forum.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 06:32:45 pm »

So Meph, is your tileset impossible to play without screen resolution? Or is it another issue? Cause when I try use yours, all the Text just turns into long colored blocks. When I first open the game, everythng is fine, but as soon as I try and create a world, I get various long blocks of colour where Text should be. My monitor on my laptop displays at 1920x1080. This happens both in Windowed and Fullscreen mode.

Dookmiester

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ferrets for their weasel war dances.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2016, 06:41:03 pm »

Ignore Problem Solved.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 01:01:16 pm by Dookmiester »

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2016, 08:36:30 pm »

gal20040

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 11:23:34 am »

Hi, All!
Meph, thank you for your great work!

I've got an error in DFHack console (I'm using Masterwork v.1.23) just after executing DF (I execute DF with \Masterwork V1.23 (43.03)\Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress.exe):
Code: [Select]
TWBT: version 5.70
... V1.23 (43.03)\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\persist-table.lua:59: cannot create persistent entry
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'save'
        ... V1.23 (43.03)\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\persist-table.lua:59: in function 'ensure'
        ... V1.23 (43.03)\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\persist-table.lua:139: in function '__index'
        ...3 (43.03)\Dwarf Fortress/raw/scripts/base/roses-init.lua:17: in function 'f'
        ...terwork V1.23 (43.03)\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:562: in function <...terwork V1.23 (43.03)\DwarfFortress\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:503>
        (...tail calls...)
Starving Dead starting...weakness starts at 1 months, true death at 6 months
Deterioration of body parts commencing...
Deterioration of old clothes commencing...
Deterioration of food commencing...
DFHack is ready. Have a nice day!
DFHack version 0.43.03-r1 (release)
Type in '?' or 'help' for general help, 'ls' to see all commands.

I've found message about same problem:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161390.msg7252060#msg7252060

Is it serious problem?
Is it problem with DFHack, Masterwork mod, persist-table.lua or something else? What can I do to fix it?

Valdemor1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 04:53:56 pm »

last update Decorations are available only in the game for the dwarves? I play for the human and I in the scenery just that: display Stand, Campfire, sign post

Dookmiester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2016, 05:44:30 am »

Hm strange, for whatever reason I can't get the decorations to work. They run the reaction but the image produced is totally not correct.
(Kobolds) Scratch that dwarves too what the hell. Using Meph's tileset & Text-Will-Be-Text.

Haha Meph you silly nugget! I copied over the overrides from your tileset post and flipperoo'd and now everything shows in Masterwork.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 01:00:17 pm by Dookmiester »

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2016, 08:46:10 am »

Does the Meph tileset only work with TWBT? Running it in 2D print mode I was getting a whole bunch of graphical issues but switching to TWBT seems to have fixed it all. Is TWBT still as unstable and crash-prone as I seem to remember?

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2016, 03:48:06 pm »

I've not had much time to play far into the game recently, so I want to ask, if there is still a remaining issue concerning Kobolds, and their complete inability to access Anvils from a few prior versions ago? I know I voiced my complaints, way back in the end of October when helping another player.

However, currently there is a bit of a bug for kobolds, as Meph has made it impossible for kobolds to gain access to an anvil. Anvil reactions are taken out of the Smelter, and of course you need an anvil to create a Metalsmith forge. Also it is currently impossible for caravans to bring anvils along with them for some reason, I believe related to how Kobolds are not supposed to have access to ores other than cobalt, which can not be used as an Anvil. If you want to metalsmith you have to DFhack an anvil in as far as I know.

Dookmiester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2016, 04:50:59 pm »

Ignore added to my other post.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:29:59 am by Dookmiester »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2016, 08:30:22 pm »

I've not had much time to play far into the game recently, so I want to ask, if there is still a remaining issue concerning Kobolds, and their complete inability to access Anvils from a few prior versions ago? I know I voiced my complaints, way back in the end of October when helping another player.

However, currently there is a bit of a bug for kobolds, as Meph has made it impossible for kobolds to gain access to an anvil. Anvil reactions are taken out of the Smelter, and of course you need an anvil to create a Metalsmith forge. Also it is currently impossible for caravans to bring anvils along with them for some reason, I believe related to how Kobolds are not supposed to have access to ores other than cobalt, which can not be used as an Anvil. If you want to metalsmith you have to DFhack an anvil in as far as I know.
Dunno what Meph's stance is. I just added these two lines to the appropriate .txt files so the bonemolder could craft a "boldy" anvil.
http://imgur.com/a/wYmCz

Wonder if the intent was to try to force a mood with the Spirit Lodge and them craft it possibly that way? (Never tried or know if that works.)

Nevermind I'm an idiot you'd need a metalsmith to do that anyway.

I thought the point of kobolds was that you wasn't suppose to be able to use anvils and metals period, as they aren't suppose to be able to access metals at all.  the shovels were a wooden alternative to picks for use in digging in dirt only... The goal was to build above rock caves and wood hovels/shacks and use the abilities of kobolds to overrun you enemies with numbers not quality.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4