Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions about DFhack/Manipulator  (Read 2019 times)

Halavus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Questions about DFhack/Manipulator
« on: December 11, 2016, 05:45:53 pm »

Hi

I'm kind of stuck looking for features of DFhack/Dwarf manipulator

I found every answer to my googled questions until now, but as I'm not of English mother tongue, I don't find the related posts to those 2 specific questions:

1. - In the user ('u') list or after hitiing 'u', 'l': How do I change/edit/customize the color of each dwarf. For example I want my Legendary Woodcutter and Dabbling Engraver be of color white?!
I read in some old Dwarf manipulator topic - which I don't find anymore - that this would be achieved with hitting 'c'. Maybe would have this feature been removed?

2. - How do I sort my custom professions in alphabetical order in the profession's list? ('u', 'l', 'P')

Many thanks for your help

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Questions about DFhack/Manipulator
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 07:05:44 pm »

1. - In the user ('u') list or after hitiing 'u', 'l': How do I change/edit/customize the color of each dwarf. For example I want my Legendary Woodcutter and Dabbling Engraver be of color white?!
I read in some old Dwarf manipulator topic - which I don't find anymore - that this would be achieved with hitting 'c'. Maybe would have this feature been removed?

I wasn't aware that that was even possible - dwarf color is determined by its actual (non-custom) Profession, which is determined by available skills (and automatically changes during level-ups).

2. - How do I sort my custom professions in alphabetical order in the profession's list? ('u', 'l', 'P')
I assume you mean the 'u' 'l' 'p' ('u' 'l' 'P' just adds the current profession to the list), in which case it will be sorted by your filesystem - if you're using FAT32 (e.g. playing on a USB Flash drive), then it'll probably never be sorted.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 02:42:47 pm »

Yeah, it seems to be using filesystem order. I can change that to alphabetical order for the next release. Thanks for bringing that up.

Edit: This is probably the thread you were talking about. I don't think the color option was ever added to manipulator - it's only in the prototype, but even there, it just changes the color to brown, which isn't especially useful.

It might be possible to implement that feature by changing dwarves' professions, but it could have issues with nobles, and DF could change the professions back.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 03:37:17 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Halavus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 05:12:08 pm »

First of all thank you guys for your time answering my questions.

I assume you mean the 'u' 'l' 'p' ('u' 'l' 'P' just adds the current profession to the list), in which case it will be sorted by your filesystem - if you're using FAT32 (e.g. playing on a USB Flash drive), then it'll probably never be sorted.

Yeah I meant 'u' 'l ''p'...

I can't wait seeing that feature coming in the next release.

Edit: This is probably the thread you were talking about. I don't think the color option was ever added to manipulator - it's only in the prototype, but even there, it just changes the color to brown, which isn't especially useful.

It might be possible to implement that feature by changing dwarves' professions, but it could have issues with nobles, and DF could change the professions back.

Yes, that was THAT post I meant. I didn't noticed it was about some prototype.

Well, I still think it would be a sweet feature to be able to change those colors. Because at some point in lare fortresses, you totally change the labors of migrants to match up with your needs. And still with all the sorting of Manipulator, my unit list looks like a rainbow and nothing is never sorted. I just find colors a very good and simple way of sorting things...

Thanks a lot for your work, dear lethosor.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 07:19:15 pm »

Forgot to change it earlier, but it should be in the next release (after 0.43.05-alpha3).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.