Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Evolution, /tg/ style  (Read 27414 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution, /tg/ style
« Reply #165 on: October 05, 2019, 10:31:59 am »

Is this game accepting players?

AFAIK I'm pretty sure this game runs a drop-in-drop-out system. Just don't make obvious troll creations, creations that completely disregard previous evolutions, etc. And for the love of god, no watermarked/expiring image hosts.
it's over

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2019, 11:01:25 am »

Would imgur work?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2019, 11:19:11 am »

Would imgur work?
I use imgur, but the images probably won't last many years.
But sure.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 05, 2019, 01:01:56 pm »

Editing changing leaves to tentacles and stem to body because I looked at the tree and realized these aren't plants. The adaptations are the same. Also Adding correct quote
In response to the rising heat the old Slymolichus fractalius moved more into the earth so it would not get hit by hot water streams.
It lessened in size and its body rearranged. Its eye has split into two eyes that lay almost beneath the surface. Its scientific name is Polyplop fractalius
Polypolyp foliumspika

Polypolyp fractalius has evolved spikes on the ends of its tentacles becoming Polypolyp foliumspika

Polypolyp confractuspullulant

Another branch of Polypolyp fracalius has developed tentacles that can grow new bodies when broken off, thus even when parts are broken off, new polyps can still grow
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 02:40:16 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 05, 2019, 01:19:19 pm »

WatermarkusDispareo Infralaceratus, a near duplicate of watermarkus infralaceratus, save for one difference. Their watermark seems to have disappeared. Unfortunately, the exposure from the watermark remains, causing them to still repeat "host. store. share. photobucket".
edit: fixed image.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 05:19:33 pm by Puppyguard »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 05, 2019, 02:16:10 pm »

Edit: Adding quote
Due to the increased heat the Terrestrius Yumctus has lost its flower and instead clones itself via roots. It still produces a red fruit as a remnant of old times.
Its scientific name is Terrestrius Hanfus
Some members of Terrestrius hanfus has evolved to make its fruits look more like eyes to scare off herbivores. These are called Terrestrius dabitoculis

« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 02:43:08 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 05, 2019, 04:59:37 pm »

-snip-

How did you manage to remove the watermark? You also seemed to make the color of the watermarkless version a tiny bit different, it's kinda subtle unless you have both of them zoomed all the way in side to side.
Compare these two links, zoomed all the way in (500% for my browser), by switching between tabs.
http://magaimg.net/img/9469.png - Watermark
https://i.imgur.com/h2PVBnk.png - No Watermark

inb4 someone has the evolution text of that quoted creature being "Whothefuckknowsis Whothefuckcaresus has evolved stuff yadda yadda, and this particular generation of an evolved Plumpolychos mono, commonly known as the 'Gloop', or less formally as the 'MeatyMcMeatbag', finally stops having the instinct to repeatedly chant "host. store. share. photobucket", which was something that annoyed the creatures of B4Y-XII."
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 05:03:12 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 05, 2019, 05:12:28 pm »

Oh yes, the watermarked one is more yellow, if that makes any sense, I suppose more vibrant would be a better descriptor?

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 05, 2019, 05:18:12 pm »

-snip-
I simply popped the image in an editor and just selected the water mark then filled it in with a similar color on the image. I think color correction was enabled on my browser, so see if this image looks any better:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 05, 2019, 05:20:35 pm »

Yes, this appears as vibrant as the watermarked image

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 05, 2019, 05:29:48 pm »

I mean, you aren't likely to notice the color correction if you aren't looking that hard. Minor color changes could help differentiate creatures that look similar but don't have enough notable visual differences to easily differentiate between the two.
it's over

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 06, 2019, 12:01:31 pm »

How will the 2 species that survive the extinction be determined?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2019, 02:46:22 pm »

This is great. Bay12 surely has great minds to do what they do. Just imagine what would happen if someone started a game of Telephone somewhere. ;D
How would this work, though? People could just copy PMs

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2019, 03:50:12 pm »

The OP gave me permission to bump this or start a new one, but since I can't be bothered to create 4 starting creatures (if I can be bothered to make original ones), or regularly do extinction events/create updated evolution trees, I guess I'll do the former.
Ooh a little misscommunication there, I was assuming that if you revived the thread, you'd take on the role of big extinction boss/evolutionary cartographer. Sadly I'm not online that often so I won't be able to mod this thread.

Anyone feeling like it, feel free to take that role over. It does bring joy to my heart that this is alive again.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 06, 2019, 04:00:50 pm »

How will the species be determined? I may have accidentally created a third species in one of the clades.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15