Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Evolution, /tg/ style  (Read 27428 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution, /tg/ style
« Reply #195 on: October 07, 2019, 08:23:42 pm »

I think lord_lemonpie should check the submitted species to see which 2 from each Claude are fit to survive this extinction event, since we accidentally broke the rules. I think we should compile all post extinction submissions in a post and compare them to figure out which 2 from each clade survives. I will compile them into this post.
You should probably put them in spoilers, since that post is so large.
Also, the one clade that seems to be missing a new evolutions, is that worm-like one.
Will do the spoiler-img. You are right, I could add some evolutions for the Missing clade in the morning, others should submit for that clade as well

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 07, 2019, 08:40:26 pm »

-snip-
You are right, I could add some evolutions for the Missing clade in the morning, others should submit for that clade as well
Yeah, the SpikeyMcSpikes clade is lacking in submissions.
it's over

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 07, 2019, 09:09:44 pm »

I will submit some Spiky clade members tomorrow, I advise others to do so too. When this is done we can then discuss which two clade members are best suited for their respective challenges

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 07, 2019, 09:20:03 pm »

I made my own "spiky" submission, but don't let that stop you guys from doing the same.

The Cyan Slitherwyrm has gained more motor skills in its neck, allowing it to move the neck in all three dimensions. This would have been impossible without evolving the shape of its chitinous plates. It has also grown two more worm-like appendages on its face. Scientifically, it is now called Slitherinowyrma caebalus

With threats looming all over, Caebalus Over time evolves a much more flexible neck. And with that a defense mechanism in the form of a blade on its face which it violently flails around, which also adapts the ability to absorb whatever bodily fluids it manages to cut into.
It also gets tiny nubs on its appendages which it uses to move around a bit better.
This creature is known as Slitherinowyrma Et Tu Brute.

I realize after I edited this, that I might have gone a bit fast with its evolution.
But I'll let you guys, or Lemon, to decide that.

Edit: If nothing else, it could at least serve as inspiration for other things? (Should it be rejected.)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 09:30:35 pm by Ultimuh »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 08, 2019, 11:16:29 am »

From the Cyclopsowyrm aquavenis, the new Cyclopsowyrm subterrenae evolved. It has small shovel like tools with which it tunnels itself through the soil to protect from the heat.

Due to burrowing, Cyclopsowyrm aquavenis has lost its floppy spikes so they don't block burrowing. Because they don't resurface, they have developped special ears that detect very low frequency sounds that others make to find mates. This new species is called Cyclopsowyrm infracanetis

Because of the vulnerabilities of predation, Slitherinowyrma cyanicus evolved a long tongue with a spike at the end that it can use to slice predators. It is called Slitherinowyrma dumlingua for "long tongue."

These have been added to the spoiler compilation I think now would be good time to discuss which species survive to the next era
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 11:27:21 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 09, 2019, 09:10:17 am »

I tried to get one of these up and running a few months ago, didn't pan out. Glad to see this one is going again, may jump back in when I have some time.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 09, 2019, 09:16:56 am »

I tried to get one of these up and running a few months ago, didn't pan out. Glad to see this one is going again, may jump back in when I have some time.
I think lord_lemonpie should check the submitted species to see which 2 from each Claude are fit to survive this extinction event, since we accidentally broke the rules. I think we should compile all post extinction submissions in a post and compare them to figure out which 2 from each clade survives. I will compile them into this post.
Spoiler:  Terrestrius Cactfus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Polypolyp foliumspika (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Bloopfan Seaflooris (click to show/hide)
We still need to determine which 2 from each clade will survive the extinction challenges. I compiled all post extinction species in spoilers so we can discuss which 2 from each clade will survive their respective challenges
Quote from: lord_lemonpie Extinction Challenges
Challenges:
Florescus Clade: Too many plants are consumed by animals for the plants to succesfully grow and reproduce
Plumpolychos Clade: Their slowness makes them easy prey for carnivores able to crack open their shells.
Spinowyrmae Clade: Unburrowing to reproduce leaves them too vulnerable.
Byrdoctopedes Clade: They hunt too efficiently, causing their prey to go extinct, which in turn makes them starve.
Quote from: Lord_lemonpie
Special event:
This is not a regular extinction event. Instead of all adapting to the same hardship, each clade (group of species sharing a common first ancestor) must adapt to their own challenge.
Due to the nature of this event, two species from every clade will survive into the next period of time. There is however, no time limit. Because there is such a limited amount of free spots, players are forbidden to evolve two species from the same clade.
Too many species have been submitted since the extinction. I think now is a good time to narrow down which ones survive
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 09:23:05 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 09, 2019, 09:37:14 am »

So, who's to decide which survives?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 09, 2019, 09:42:01 am »

Probably Lord_lemonpie

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 09, 2019, 09:43:04 am »

I assume that you have PM'd them already?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 09, 2019, 09:44:26 am »

Will do
Edit: done
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 09:46:21 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 09, 2019, 04:06:16 pm »

Now we wait for society to collapse via global thermonuclear war.
it's over

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 09, 2019, 04:30:39 pm »

If Lord_lemonpie doesn’t come back we could all collectively try to determine which species survive, what did you mean when you said waiting for global thermonuclear war to collapse society? I’m thinking it’s hyperbole

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 09, 2019, 05:17:15 pm »

If Lord_lemonpie doesn’t come back we could all collectively try to determine which species survive, what did you mean when you said waiting for global thermonuclear war to collapse society? I’m thinking it’s hyperbole
We could go through each clade submission and poll it?
It would take some time to finish, but if we have no GM to speed things up, this would probably be our best solution for now.
The problem is though, how do we prevent people from voting for their own submissions?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 05:22:48 pm by Ultimuh »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 09, 2019, 05:23:10 pm »

We could go through each clade suggestion and poll it?
It would take some time to finish, but if we have no GM to speed things up, this would probably be our best solution for now.
The problem is though, how do we prevent people from voting for their own submissions?
What if we PM someone who hasn’t made a submission the lust of species and which clade they belong to, along with the challenges each clade has to endure, and tell this person to pick 2? Repeat with many different people to see if there is a consensus. For when a consensus isn’t reached, repeat this process with new people until a consensus is reached
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15