Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 25 - Game over, Recaps start at page 28  (Read 32858 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 25 - Clash of Gods
« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2017, 10:53:47 am »

I'm going to need a 24h extension.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2017, 12:49:34 pm »

Granted, good luck with stuff, in game and out.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #182 on: January 14, 2017, 01:46:06 pm »

I had a land province prior to the ongoing Fishy-Lizard-Cave-Thing war, in which some cult had sprung up. As it was, I didn't have the priests available to fight it off, being as the nearest consort was constructing a NOBLE BASTION to stand against all reptile kind. But then the horror cult took root, and now it's permanently horrorible. It's been passed between us a few times (with neither of us able to do anything about it) but most recently the cult summoned a horror which conquered the province itself. Given that it's out of the way, I don't think either of us will be spending much poor souls effort to retake it.

Gods, talk to your peoples about horror cults. BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
Check out my books at O and H Books

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 14, 2017, 02:05:27 pm »

And to think the worst I had to deal with were a group of heretics I was too lasy to root out until I sent a site searcher to the province and had them take a bunch of soldiers along to kill 2 birds with one stone. Not getting hit with too many bad events so far.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 14, 2017, 06:13:27 pm »

Waiting on Scaleria and Tien Chi to get their respective turns in so gonna quickly drop an extention before I head to bed, 12 hours. Given I will be busy from the moment I get on, better safe than sorry.

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 14, 2017, 11:04:02 pm »

My bad guys, was quite busy last 2 days. I will try to get my turn in tomorrow morning.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 15, 2017, 01:33:56 am »

No worries, get some rest and I'm honestly fine with extensions. I mean, I'd rather people do their turns well and on time, but stuff happens and I'd rather people turn in a good turn than compromise and send in a fast turn.

That being said, don't feel shy to ask for an extension. Even if all it is is your last turn went really crap and you need a break I totally get it.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2017, 05:44:19 pm »

Besides my extreme failures of combat luck in the early turns (that 1 vine arrow headshoting the commander etc.), I've been ok - as I should be, you know, order 3 and certainly not negative luck, but really no very postive events and overall average at best site searching... Game is hard.

My scouts don't seem to find much, but that might be because Lizard land just eats scouts and anything else is so far off....

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2017, 06:10:24 pm »

There's both a cave pass and a land passage in the far north between west and east. Of course, I don't know how far north you've expanded.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2017, 06:14:25 pm »

They'd uh, have to march through me to expand that way unfortunately. an alternative would be using summoned units that would be amphibious. With summer coming around the corner you can also cross the mountain pass on the south-east for a bit, but it's a bit risky.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2017, 10:51:04 am »

They think I'm america and your canada, but in reality chaoticag is the empire and I'm the fun sidekick/hat/socks in this case.

I also set the reminder emails to be send 18 hours before hosting.

Also why does no-one want to buy my garbage. Time for special offers;

Ulm-Boom-trinket:
5 Gems of any kind,
9 gems if you take 2,
13 gems (save 2!) if you take 3.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 16, 2017, 02:28:40 pm »

Hate to need this again so soon but I need an extension, just completely lost track of time and now I've greatly overstayed my time awake. I'll be sure to get it (and the likely immediate subsequent turn) in when I wake up again. (Again sorry about all my general mismanagement with time lately, normally much better at that....)

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2017, 02:31:48 pm »

No worries whatsoever, nothing to get flustered about. I'll drop an extra 12 hours and you get some rest.

I also set the reminder emails to be send 18 hours before hosting.
We might wanna consider moving to 48 hour turns. I'd still encourage players to get their turns in soon as they can, but delays and stuff are getting more consistent.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 02:58:47 pm by chaoticag »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2017, 06:23:54 pm »

Don't worry about extensions, it's fine.

I agree, and set it to 48 hour turns.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 18, 2017, 06:23:58 pm »

To kinda mirror the email warning, this is a general warning from me. If you need an extension please ask for them soon, I may get too busy to grant one later on during the day.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29