Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 25 - Game over, Recaps start at page 28  (Read 32870 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 25- Setup - Join! - 7
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2016, 09:33:51 am »

I believe they're only on when score graphs are enabled.

Edit: I'll join as Agartha. I'd join as Ys, but the aquatic slot is taken already. :P
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 12:09:26 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2016, 12:29:47 pm »

Welcome on board. Hope you have fun.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2016, 12:47:25 pm »

I think it has more to do with you being the nation who's dominion they can ignore, heh. As with any harmful dominion C'tis can be forced into a tough spot.
That just means I can be next to them without having to worry as much about spreading my dominion into their territory being a reason for war. And we can be friendly.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2016, 04:46:58 pm »

I like how MA Atlantis has only a few types of commanders to begin with. "Sure, a scout, a leader, maybe a minor priest, big priest, big mage, another mage. Done!" Compare, to say, EA Arcoscephale...
Check out my books at O and H Books

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2016, 05:19:33 pm »

I will host the game in roughly 18 hours, so maybe we can get started late friday or early saturday.

Welcome Shadowlord!

Atlantis is ... intresting. You got a lot of buff dudes (kinda like ulm). Wanna be fitness buddys and beat up skinny strange undead things ; ) - Agartha can join, too - also buff. Pan, too. Buff dudes vs wimps : D

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 25- Setup - Join! - 8 out of 10
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2016, 05:24:39 pm »

Pls don't tread on birb. Oh right, I'll see about getting my turn in, but on Saturday from about 9am gmt onward I am boarding a plane so I may not get my turn in on time. In that case keep an eye on this thread. I'll prolly drop the delay myself and say how long it would take me. Alternatively if I can get my turn before I board I should be good.

Also damn. I think I finally got my legwork for this round done. Nazca is looking like a tricky nation to play so hopefully I have something feasible cobbled up.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 07:14:32 pm by chaoticag »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 25- Setup - Join! - 8 out of 10
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2016, 05:38:32 am »

Hosting game now, so everyone can submit pretenders and stuff.

As for Thrones, these would be the current settings:

Thrones:
4x Level One Thrones
2x Level Two Thrones
2x Level Three Thrones
= 14 Total possible Points.
9 Points to win
(So you need at least one level 3 Throne, but can win "fast" if you got it)

Story Events are ON

Score graphs are OFF

###

Feel free to state if you have a preference for different settings.

___

Personally, I didn't really have time to test much, but it's ulm, how hard can it be. In my tests I found that after getting like 20 Mages (each with 20% change for a extra path) I only had 3 with extra paths, so .... fml

Edit:

I did the thing with the names for easy pms/overview. Click a name to go the profile and pm.
We do most of the diplomacy over the forum.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 05:45:49 am by ThtblovesDF »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 25 - Setup [Submit Pretenders!]
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2016, 06:32:01 am »

Well. "Diplomacy". :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2016, 06:36:22 am »

Alright, sent my pretender in. Quick questions about score graphs since I just darned forget if turning score graphs off means you can't see your own graphs and you can't spy on other nations score graphs? Since it's something I am curious about.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2016, 07:06:45 am »

You can always see your own graphs, enabled is you can also see everyone else's graphs, disabled is you can see other people's graphs if you spy on them (either via spy in their cap or via spells) and no info is you can't see other people's graphs full stop.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2016, 07:35:48 am »

Real talk, my english clearly is garbage compared to ya'll, but I hope it is more amusing then confusing ^^

During a test game (somehow) the AI had a awake stone-snake and I can tell you those are a real mess to beat if you don't have some mild monsters hidden in your units and all your units are map-move-1

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2016, 08:05:02 am »

The stone snake can be a bit annoying, due to that hp pool and protection, buuut as with all units, it'll rack up afflictions in the end. With only one attack the main thing about it is the power to rout units. If you can surround it with unbreaking units you can possibly hope to ear it down until it takes a particularly strong hit. Mostly though it's hard to deal with early on.

Also you coulda fooled me with your English.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2016, 10:35:20 am »

The stone snake can be a bit annoying, due to that hp pool and protection, buuut as with all units, it'll rack up afflictions in the end. With only one attack the main thing about it is the power to rout units. If you can surround it with unbreaking units you can possibly hope to ear it down until it takes a particularly strong hit. Mostly though it's hard to deal with early on.

Also you coulda fooled me with your English.

Those snakes (Assuming you mean the Pretender) have Recuperation though, they'll bleed off afflictions...

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2016, 11:02:30 am »

...the embarrassing thing is I had the mod inspector up at the moment, guess I missed that. Still, while they will bleed off afflictions it's a slow process for recuperation, and a lot of it depends on the difficulty of affliction itself I think... unless that applies to healing sites only. The mod manual doesn't mention it, but I recall playing with a gorgon once in a game I subbed in for, and the gorgon spent quite a few months afflicted with... muteness? Feeblemindedness? I forget which it's been years.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2016, 02:53:28 pm »

For the record, there are 11 preset throne locations in the map between the starts, and 9 land starts plus the 1 cave and 1 water start.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29