Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 25 - Game over, Recaps start at page 28  (Read 32469 times)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 25 - Clash of Gods
« Reply #315 on: February 21, 2017, 10:50:05 pm »

Yeah, it's been a while since I kitted out SCs and I was never particularly good at it. Still surprised that of all things the golem could have died of it was poison. Go figure.I didn't know poison could have a noticeable effect on lifeless beings I reasoned wrongly.
Technically it died mostly due to having a giant snake maul it to death. The poison just saved Titanaconda from having to land another hit or two.
Still, lifeless things do have 25 poison resist, which is far more than enough for pretty much everything.
Pretender snakes though? 35 poison damage. Pretty sure the immortal hydra that Sauromatia/LA Pythium gets also has this much kick to it. I think giant scorpions do this to.
The Serpent Kryss (Construction 2 N1 item) and Astral Serpent (Const. 4 N1S1) also has this. And then there's The Sharpest Tooth (Artifact, N2S1) that deals 75 points of poison damage.

All things you really gotta watch out for with golems, as you can't make them regenerate. (Baring N9 bless + Shroud of course.)
(As a note: I would guess that 2 Serpent Kryss + an Astral Serpent would make short work of most Super Combatants, as long as you could make the user not die soon and lack of poison resist on the SC. Even (most things) regen would be overwhelmed in short order.)

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 22, 2017, 01:32:25 am »

(Also to thtblovesDF, might be worth updating the OP to reflect that Sean is now Atlantis.)

Yeah, go figure. I guess past a certain point it's less poison and more CORROSIVE BATTERY ACID THAT KILLS GODS.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 22, 2017, 03:24:05 am »

Right you are, thingy is updated.

I tried to do SCs right, but it hardly seems worth the effort - from my Ociana win i learned that just having a nice mix of anti-sc bows on your commanders is usually enough and I much prefer strong casters to strong fighters these days.

I added some time to the round, so Atlantis can do his turn in peace: The game will now host at 06:48 GMT on Thursday February 23rd.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 22, 2017, 03:54:21 am »

Yeah, between basically never playing Atlantis and the royal mess of a situation this nation has ended up in, it's taking me some time to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. I have mostly figured it out on a basic level, just waiting for a diplomatic reply from Ulm before submitting the turn.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 22, 2017, 04:34:40 am »

I prolly should offer a Nazca pardon for Atlantis since this is a new player who has not sent a raiding force at me and called it an army. Anyway, seems to the south you have some forts and lost a province there somewhere because a horror took it over. No idea if you can consolidate everything before your ulmish war ends.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 24, 2017, 03:36:29 am »

Cheeky sean...

Poor Gigalith and his insane unluckyness - his pretender took 5/ish shots of a soul slayer crossbow and died. That stupid horror took 18+ and didn't even get hit once. It has worse Stats in every area, too.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 07:06:36 am by ThtblovesDF »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 24, 2017, 11:49:30 am »

For the record - no cheek involved. He did that on his own. Now you're going to actually have to take those over because I'll need to try and break my mages out.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 26, 2017, 07:01:15 pm »

They did some damage, but next time it would help to put the trolls infront of the mages, me thinks.

Don't be concerned with the growing number of Globals cast by Ulm.

Get yet turns in People;

Next turn due: 14:07 GMT on Tuesday February 28th
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 02:24:18 pm by ThtblovesDF »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 28, 2017, 02:54:18 am »

I think at this point it might be best to only grant extensions when the player has asked. I'm not checking the server as often for when turns are coming in, so sometimes the thread going up higher is the only way I would have to know that a player is getting their turns in. If we need to extend the hosting deadline, we should do that instead of pushing a delay when turns are not in, and if people think the hosting period should be longer please say so, but between me spending more time playing with a friend, and some more time doing internship related stuff, I can't guarantee that I can get thee delays in when people would like them, so would rather be in a system that doesn't need me being active to grant them.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2017, 03:30:54 am »

Totally understandable

The current hosting time is already with a 12 h delay I silently sneaked in when I saw plenty of turns missing

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 28, 2017, 04:08:37 am »

Oh right this is still a thing..... No fancy excuses, I just totally forgot about this, turn is in now though!

Honestly surprised I don't stale more often from forgetting...

Glory to United Forenia!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 28, 2017, 04:22:42 am »

Well, you and about 2 other players didn't have a turn in when I got up. But yeah, I wanna shift responsibility back to players for requesting extensions since we're fairly far into the game as it is.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 28, 2017, 04:42:58 am »

Oh 3 Globals went up this turn (Gift of Health for Ulm, Well of Misery and Mother Oak for Narcza)

Global list is full now, so anymore will push another one out.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 03, 2017, 04:17:11 pm »

Is the turn really that close? I guess either way I'm asking for an extension now, before I fall asleep (Because yes, I can and have easily slept for over 12 hours at a time, damn any alarm set up to try and stop that)

Also there's 4 people (me included) that still need to turn their turn in, so a bit of help for them to.
(That said, in the event that I horrifically miscalculated how much time is left in my sleep deprived state, ignore this)

Glory to United Forenia!

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 04, 2017, 03:41:53 am »

Only C'tis / Mini missing now, I send a pm and added 12 hours.
Hosting is now at
21:06 GMT on Saturday March 4th.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29