Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 25 - Game over, Recaps start at page 28  (Read 32913 times)

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 25 - Clash of Gods
« Reply #345 on: March 18, 2017, 03:38:33 pm »

Also taking a stupid bet this upcoming turn, we'll see if I luck out or kill myself
100 earth gems you don't take the fort.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 18, 2017, 07:45:36 pm »

May it be a watch-worthy battle.

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 19, 2017, 02:50:05 pm »

Ah jeez, I've completely forgotten to send in my turns for the past few days. When Sceleria turned AI, it completely stopped caring about its war with Nazca and just decided to suddenly go into my capital. It really turned me off from playing.

I really didn't know a game of Dominions would last this long when I decided to start playing it, as this was my first game. It was a really fun ride for the time but now I really need to focus preparing for my exams. Sorry for the inconvenience to everyone but I'll have to either get a replacement or go AI. I will post in the main Dom4 thread.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 19, 2017, 04:20:10 pm »

It's been fun!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 20, 2017, 03:48:32 am »

Was the gem-bet just bluffing or did I somehow interrupt your ritual? I don't know of any (max Astral 4, Max 4 Nature) spell that can fix army-size inbalance of this level.

Sorry to hear that Frank, you are in a pretty good position in my opinion - it would be great if we can get a human player to stand in for you - if not, don't sweat it, both me and C'tis are to busy with each other to exploit anyone going Ai, Agartha could use the buff and scelario is berserking around anyway.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 20, 2017, 03:52:02 am »

Was the gem-bet just bluffing or did I somehow interrupt your ritual?
It's about how many gems I spent on the mages in there. Then the troops started at the wrong side for some reason, and I'm pretty sure you sniped half the important mages on the first turn.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 20, 2017, 04:03:08 am »

Well no worries, my lack of nature mages still leaves me weak to poison. I'm growing to like suicide commanders with explosive amuletts more and more, this one took out like 12 guys.

I added 28 hours to the hosting and will post in the steam forum for a extra human.

Edit: Ok, looks we don't have another human, setting T'chi AI in 12 hours or so - be aware that they will attack anyone at that point : /
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:07:54 am by ThtblovesDF »

bannou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 22, 2017, 05:50:09 am »

Hi there was no response to my post on Steam so I had to wait in order to register here - but I am interested in subbing for TC.
May I have a look at the turn? hardshard at gmail

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 22, 2017, 06:58:17 am »

Welcome and thanks - I'll change the Email and request a turn resend for you.

As far as I know the nation had a lifetime of peace with all nations except Agartha and now AI- Sceleria
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:01:22 am by ThtblovesDF »

bannou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 22, 2017, 09:31:08 am »

Well, Sceleria is quite the monster, it will be a monumental effort to keep them at bay. I can see why having them turn AI was demotivating. The capital is probably done for.

The new management at TC will hereby unilaterally offer a ceasefire with regards to any ongoing wars and a withdrawal from any foreign adventures as we shall be spending the rest of in-game-eternity cleaning house.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 22, 2017, 09:43:26 am »

I'll gladly continue the peace.

I can make you any Earth/Fire 5 gem item for 3 gems.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:51:49 am by ThtblovesDF »

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 22, 2017, 01:34:12 pm »

Well, Sceleria is quite the monster, it will be a monumental effort to keep them at bay. I can see why having them turn AI was demotivating. The capital is probably done for.

The new management at TC will hereby unilaterally offer a ceasefire with regards to any ongoing wars and a withdrawal from any foreign adventures as we shall be spending the rest of in-game-eternity cleaning house.

Haha... Yeah sorry bout that, but internet blackout, little I could do.
But yeah, brace for mass longdead, remember that killing only a few hundred each turn will get you nowhere... (Of course, that was the situation before everything went out on my end, no clue how it is currently. Or how much the AI cheats in regards to reanimation shenanigans. But even if no cheating.... I had a lot of priests ok?)

EDIT: Oh hi! Welcome to Bay12! Please leave your sanity on the coathanger on the left.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 02:07:45 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 22, 2017, 06:43:38 pm »

Bannou: Quick history recap from my point of view (Agartha):
(Where I say you, I generally mean T'ien under your predecessor - I'm typing this on my phone)
You and Sceleria skirmished over some provinces early on. This eventually ended but you remained suspicious of each other.
C'Tis and I went to war. It was very world war 1. They demanded a province, I invaded rather than give it up. My hopes for a short victorious war didn't work out. This is normal.
You sneak-attacked me during that war, and I basically gave C'Tis everything they wanted in exchange for peace, because if I didn't I'd have still lost it all anyways because I couldn't stop you at that point, let alone fight you and C'Tis both.
You took most of my provinces, but when your armies approached my capital, I annihilated them repeatedly.
AI Sceleria then did to your predecessor what he had done to me with the sudden but inevitable betrayal, and he noped out of the game.

About the AI: As far as the AI that took over Sceleria was concerned, you were still at war, there just hadn't been any battles in a while.

P.S. I have no reason to accept your peace offer.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 22, 2017, 07:47:20 pm »

Bannou: Quick history recap from my point of view (Agartha):
(Where I say you, I generally mean T'ien under your predecessor - I'm typing this on my phone)
You and Sceleria skirmished over some provinces early on. This eventually ended but you remained suspicious of each other.
-snip-
AI Sceleria then did to your predecessor what he had done to me with the sudden but inevitable betrayal, and he noped out of the game.

About the AI: As far as the AI that took over Sceleria was concerned, you were still at war, there just hadn't been any battles in a while.
Seems bout right (Tien Chi attacked me shortly after I attacked Pythium, they got mostly nowhere except the throne. (HOLY HECK HOW THE HELL WAS I AT WAR FOR SO DARN LONG WITH SO LITTLE TERRITORY GAIN/LOSS?!) Tien Chi only really ended hostilities when Nazca attacked me. With knowledge of what Shadowlord has said, I hereby conclude that your predecessor was a hardcore opportunist.)

And yeah, the AI doesn't really understand the concept of peace treaties. Once they're at war, it's until one side is annihilated.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

bannou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 22, 2017, 09:05:22 pm »

Hmm seems I will have some readjustments to make. Thanks for the welcome, and I'd like a 24hr extension so I can really get my house in order (shouldnt need that long but...)

Also I must have missed it but its not possible to raise province taxes any more?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29