Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 25 - Game over, Recaps start at page 28  (Read 32874 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 25 - Clash of Gods
« Reply #360 on: March 22, 2017, 09:06:22 pm »

Taxes? That's sooooo Dom3...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 23, 2017, 03:13:02 am »

Well I suppose you can, but it involves having an army in there and using the Pillage order.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 23, 2017, 04:03:11 am »

With those globals up you'd think Nazca would be a nice place to stay, but with all that slavery and undead hordes who knows.

As a off-note, I cast Malestorm blindly, it could have overwritten any of the globals, while that was far more targeted, but eh. Fair enough

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 23, 2017, 04:05:00 am »

Let's just say dealing with the undead hordes in the east made me truly understand how the god emperor of mankind must have felt.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 23, 2017, 05:15:34 am »

I don't recall Leto II having to deal with any undead.  :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 23, 2017, 06:12:42 am »

I basically gave C'Tis everything they wanted in exchange for peace,
Except for the province I initially asked for.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 23, 2017, 06:13:52 am »

I basically gave C'Tis everything they wanted in exchange for peace,
Except for the province I initially asked for.

Well, yes, T'ien took that one from me.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 23, 2017, 04:00:23 pm »

Looks like I have a replacement, awesome. Better than going AI.

Bannou: Quick history recap from my point of view (Agartha):
(Where I say you, I generally mean T'ien under your predecessor - I'm typing this on my phone)
You and Sceleria skirmished over some provinces early on. This eventually ended but you remained suspicious of each other.
-snip-
AI Sceleria then did to your predecessor what he had done to me with the sudden but inevitable betrayal, and he noped out of the game.

About the AI: As far as the AI that took over Sceleria was concerned, you were still at war, there just hadn't been any battles in a while.
Seems bout right (Tien Chi attacked me shortly after I attacked Pythium, they got mostly nowhere except the throne. (HOLY HECK HOW THE HELL WAS I AT WAR FOR SO DARN LONG WITH SO LITTLE TERRITORY GAIN/LOSS?!) Tien Chi only really ended hostilities when Nazca attacked me. With knowledge of what Shadowlord has said, I hereby conclude that your predecessor was a hardcore opportunist.)

And yeah, the AI doesn't really understand the concept of peace treaties. Once they're at war, it's until one side is annihilated.

Being a brand new player, and knowing that everyone I'm playing against is relatively experienced, and having an awful start location, I thought that underhanded tactics was the only way I could compete. I did stay loyal to a few guys though, like Pythium, and C'tis who I could've invaded and taken territory from with ease as well (I think.)

Bannou: Quick history recap from my point of view (Agartha):
(Where I say you, I generally mean T'ien under your predecessor - I'm typing this on my phone)
You and Sceleria skirmished over some provinces early on. This eventually ended but you remained suspicious of each other.
C'Tis and I went to war. It was very world war 1. They demanded a province, I invaded rather than give it up. My hopes for a short victorious war didn't work out. This is normal.
You sneak-attacked me during that war, and I basically gave C'Tis everything they wanted in exchange for peace, because if I didn't I'd have still lost it all anyways because I couldn't stop you at that point, let alone fight you and C'Tis both.
You took most of my provinces, but when your armies approached my capital, I annihilated them repeatedly.
AI Sceleria then did to your predecessor what he had done to me with the sudden but inevitable betrayal, and he noped out of the game.

About the AI: As far as the AI that took over Sceleria was concerned, you were still at war, there just hadn't been any battles in a while.

P.S. I have no reason to accept your peace offer.

Honestly, it wouldn't have taken a lot of effort to kill Sceleria's army that was invading the capital. The problem is knowing that AI Sceleria is basically leaving itself open to Nazca, who is going to eventually take over Sceleria and take over T'ien C'hi too. Get ready to be mummified, everyone, because it's happening soon.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 04:05:30 pm by Frank2368 »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 24, 2017, 03:11:40 am »

Sceleria might be fighting to get to me, considering they killed like 12 scouts this game ; )

I have a few games under my belt, but I still suck plenty and much like games of magic, I play, attack and defend for silly reasons instead of trying to win 60% of the time. I should go nom-nom on Atlantis, then nom nom Agartha, then C'tis and T'chi, you know, eat by order of strenght, but eh.

Edit: Looks like Bogus finally came to visit - also good fight C'tis, thankfully I got more rusted warriors coming. I felt this one was pretty close, with everything heavy on fatigue except for the living statues.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 03:23:31 am by ThtblovesDF »

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 28, 2017, 11:00:28 am »

Now to beat Atlantis back.

bannou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 28, 2017, 11:42:00 am »

@Agartha

Still wished you didn't accept my peace offer? :D
I think you could have had that if you immediately stormed with full force - that extra turn was vital for me to summon all sorts of warm (and not so warm) bodies to pack my gate.

Are we waiting for Ulm to win now?

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 28, 2017, 12:47:51 pm »

It does seem to be me stalling until someone else attacks Ulm, yes.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 28, 2017, 03:34:51 pm »

Nazca is still above me in province count and all that - I think you guys highly overestimate my power levels - I only gained like 12 provinces since i started the original war with Atlantis back then, but I get that the throne makes me look scary? Remember that i need at least 2 more, even if I hit the lvl 3 and a lvl 2 at the same time.

You should let Atlantis win your Capital, because he can keep it if he does.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 28, 2017, 07:42:34 pm »

I find it highly likely you're positioning to take one of the thrones north of you at short notice. It's suicide to get within 1 point of winning without then being able to win, with additional thrones so close to you.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 29, 2017, 03:06:12 am »

As you saw yourself and T'chi can confirm, my poor prophet has the super c'tis aids and 2 hitpoints by now, he won't cap much, so even if I would attack my best ally (unlikly) and the bird people would not fight back (unlikly) and I could fly there (extremly unlikly) and I had already beaten back C'tis and T'chi (unlikly) and wouldn't get backstabbed by Ataltnis (likly) or someone else (very likly), it would still take at least 6 turns even with a teleporting prophet/god.

You can panic, but you got at least 15-20 turns and OBVIOUS warning signs before anything happens.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29