Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Commercials are terrible  (Read 7280 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Commercials are terrible
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2016, 10:42:42 pm »

"That feeling when your heart flutters or skips a beat.  It could be love, or it could be heart failure."

A medical commercial on the radio.  I'm paraphrasing only slightly.
Okay, but I laughed at this.

EDIT:

Bad commercials? I know all about those.

Take this dogshit for example. It tries way too hard to be 'with the times' and 'hip' by using dead memes ad nauseum.
I swear I get the nearly uncontrollable urge to shout and stick my head through the wall every time one of their other infernal creations plays before a video.
And so to itisnotlogical I respond that if creators of other advertisements are evil, truthOrange writers are Demon Lords.
I wholeheartedly agree.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 10:46:50 pm by spümpkin »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 10:51:51 pm »

Have you heard of "Game of War: Fire Age"?

I have.

On several occasions.

I can't even begin to start saying what's wrong with these kinds of ads.

Similarly, Lords Mobile ads. At least with them I can joke that they can't even put the app's icon on straight.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2016, 11:10:43 pm »

Not to mention that vitamin c does not actually supercharge your immune system, or any of that jazz.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2016, 11:23:33 pm »

Flashlight ads!

For some reason, some people think it's a good idea to shine the flashlight into the camera and make it flash rapidly. It doesn't cause a problem for me, but I do find it incredibly annoying.

Also, those Progressive (insurance) ads have been progressively (pun intended) getting stranger and stranger (aside from the narcississic box one). The most recent one is some sort of prank thing, if you had never heard of Progressive insurance before, you probably wouldn't know what the heck it was for, or about.

They should give the box ad of theirs some Trump hair sometime, lol.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2016, 11:33:33 pm »

Amazon Prime - Nursery commercial

Apparently therapists have just been jerking us around for laughs all these years, because it turns out that kids with crippling social disorders just need a superman costume to fix all their problems. Thanks Amazon Prime!

There's a MUCH shorter version of that on TV, it skips the entire first 23 seconds or so, jumps to 0:26 to 0:31ish, then has the two chairs, except that the white chair is empty, jumps to the guy that is apparently the kids dad (not at all clear in the TV ad) and then shows the rest of it.

Cutting out the context makes it look wierd, like, is that guy watching all day? and who is that guy?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 11:43:48 pm by smjjames »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2016, 12:07:26 am »

Smoking Pay Gap

Apparently smokers earn less money than non-smokers. Putting aside how suspect this sounds without any context, it's still a much stronger message in favor of fair-wage laws rather than against smoking.

I don't smoke, and don't approve of smoking in general, but gods do I hate 'truth' commercials. I almost want to start smoking just to protest how very very bad these commercials are.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2016, 12:08:42 am »

It's no wonder that everybody I know smokes if that's the opposing viewpoint is presented by these commercials. Mein Gott.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2016, 12:30:12 am »

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2016, 03:56:54 am »

Infiniti Q60 Commercial - Millisecond

"A car should only be judged by one thing: how it makes you feel."

No, art should only be judged by how it makes you feel. Cars should be judged by safety, reliability, affordability, environmental impact, etc. How it makes you feel is one of the least important things to consider when judging a car.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2016, 05:59:00 am »

This is one of the Dutch 'anti-smoking' pictures found on cigarette and tobacco packages:
I wonder how many parents interpreted it as an encouragement to teach their toddler to smoke..

I do know that ever since they added the pics about a year and a half ago, the pics have become a trade commodity on primary schools.
"can I trade lung cancer corpse for throat cancer operation?" is a thing you hear 8 year olds say on the school's playground. Acquiring cigarettes has never been as popular with children, as it is since the government added horror pictures on the packaging.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 06:02:39 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2016, 08:09:09 am »

I think the hypersexualized shitty browser game ad trend started with... Civony, which was later renamed Evony and cloned a thousand times by probably the same company under different names.
Spoiler: ayy (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2016, 09:31:52 am »

ptw shitty commercials

*EDIT
I'm reminded of the skin care ones that were about teenage girls crying about bullying, how it ruined their lives, how they were afraid of their own skin and just wanted to kill themselves AND ALL THAT WENT AWAY WHEN THEY BOUGHT THE SKIN CARE PRODUCT ONLY £8.99

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2016, 02:25:20 pm »

SMH like shit girl unless you have some fucked up skin condition that's part of being a teenager, your skin and hair are greasy as fuck, wash that shit well and daily.

Never mind that getting rid of acne isn't going to stop bullying, it's just going to change the focus.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2016, 02:34:07 pm »

This is one of the Dutch 'anti-smoking' pictures found on cigarette and tobacco packages:
I wonder how many parents interpreted it as an encouragement to teach their toddler to smoke..

I do know that ever since they added the pics about a year and a half ago, the pics have become a trade commodity on primary schools.
"can I trade lung cancer corpse for throat cancer operation?" is a thing you hear 8 year olds say on the school's playground. Acquiring cigarettes has never been as popular with children, as it is since the government added horror pictures on the packaging.
what's the source on this

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2016, 02:42:08 pm »

I went out of my way to send hate mail to Kellogg's every time that fucking Krave "DEEDLE-DEET-DEEDLE-DEET-DEEDLE-DEET" commercial played.

Link? Now I'm curious.
I'm not searching that shit, all you need to know is it's some fucking shitty little cereal monsters pretending to be an alarm clock and going DEEDLE-DEET-DEEDLE-DEET-DEEDLE-DEET really fucking loudly and they played it two or three times an hour as a low end estimate. I sent a lot of hatemail to Kellogg's and will never buy any of their fucking products again. Fuck that company, fuck their creepy masturbation obsessed creator, fuck them with a razor wire coated telephone pole.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4