Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Commercials are terrible  (Read 7363 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Commercials are terrible
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2016, 02:55:15 pm »

This is one of the Dutch 'anti-smoking' pictures found on cigarette and tobacco packages:
I wonder how many parents interpreted it as an encouragement to teach their toddler to smoke..

I do know that ever since they added the pics about a year and a half ago, the pics have become a trade commodity on primary schools.
"can I trade lung cancer corpse for throat cancer operation?" is a thing you hear 8 year olds say on the school's playground. Acquiring cigarettes has never been as popular with children, as it is since the government added horror pictures on the packaging.
what's the source on this
The picture? It's on my package of tobacco. If you want one, go to your local Albert Heijn and keep buying packages of tobacco until you get it. There's about 10 different pictures, so you haev a one in ten chance to get it on the first purchase.
Or ask your neighbor's kid if he has any doubles /cynicism

The thing with acquiring cigarettes becoming more popular with children? A combination of cynicism, me seeing children picking up empty packages from the street, and the general knowledge from research into search engines, that the category 'horrible mutilation and death' scores pretty well with youngsters.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 03:01:31 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2016, 03:55:27 pm »

God is Royco Cup o' Soup.
are you sure this isn't an ad for being gay

its pretty gay
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2016, 04:48:07 pm »

Man the cup-a-soup jingle is universal it seems. We had the same song in Australia before that one, for Continental Cup A Soup, and in the USA Lipton's Cup a Soup had the same song.

It's weird, for 1976 - 1978 there are all these different Lipton's Cup A Soup ads, all with differently badly conceived songs, then the 1980 one just stuck for infinity and went global.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 04:58:34 pm by Reelya »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2016, 05:06:29 pm »

This is one of the Dutch 'anti-smoking' pictures found on cigarette and tobacco packages:
I wonder how many parents interpreted it as an encouragement to teach their toddler to smoke..

I do know that ever since they added the pics about a year and a half ago, the pics have become a trade commodity on primary schools.
"can I trade lung cancer corpse for throat cancer operation?" is a thing you hear 8 year olds say on the school's playground. Acquiring cigarettes has never been as popular with children, as it is since the government added horror pictures on the packaging.
what's the source on this
The picture? It's on my package of tobacco. If you want one, go to your local Albert Heijn and keep buying packages of tobacco until you get it. There's about 10 different pictures, so you haev a one in ten chance to get it on the first purchase.
Or ask your neighbor's kid if he has any doubles /cynicism

The thing with acquiring cigarettes becoming more popular with children? A combination of cynicism, me seeing children picking up empty packages from the street, and the general knowledge from research into search engines, that the category 'horrible mutilation and death' scores pretty well with youngsters.
So anecdotal evidence, then? Great.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2016, 05:35:01 pm »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2016, 05:39:20 pm »

Brace yourselves...
Damn. Was that a scam by the KKK to find out where the black people live?

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2016, 06:16:03 pm »

Brace yourselves...

Holy hell, I mentally prepared myself for that second version of the commercial to be disgustingly awful and it somehow managed to surpass my memories of its awfulness.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2016, 07:09:05 pm »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2016, 12:42:28 am »

KFC Commercial - Slap

Is sexual harassment supposed to make friend chicken more appealing? This does not make me want to eat KFC at all.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2016, 12:47:04 am »

KFC Commercial - Slap

Is sexual harassment supposed to make friend chicken more appealing? This does not make me want to eat KFC at all.

Looked like he was trying to jump start the football player, dressed as a waiter.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2016, 12:50:32 am »

KFC: Bringing you sexual harassment and fried chicken since 1930.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2016, 01:25:25 am »

Colonel "Grab her by the tender, juicy chicken thigh" Sanders
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2016, 02:22:19 am »

I once saw REALLY sexualized advertisement on TV. I don't remember it very well and I only saw like last 15 seconds of this horrible ad. There was a woman in a bikini which was eating ice cream with watermelon flavour, and while she was eating, her breasts became so big (Yay! Watermelons "joke"), that Ivy Valentine from Soulcalibur will be jealous. It was back in 2013, when I was 13 years old, and I was really scared of the ad. And that ad (and biased news) is the reason why I don't watch TV anymore.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2016, 04:12:20 am »

KFC Commercial - Slap

Is sexual harassment supposed to make friend chicken more appealing?

Nah they just want to get on Trump's good side so he won't come after all the illegal aliens working in the chicken slaughterhouses.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4