Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Steam Awards - what are your picks?  (Read 2925 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Steam Awards - what are your picks?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 09:21:15 am »

The “Test of Time” Award - Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension (790 hrs on record, baby!)
The “I'm Not Crying, There's Something In My Eye” Award - To The Moon
The “Just 5 More Minutes” Award - Enter the Gungeon
The “Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!” Award - FEZ
The “Villain Most In Need Of A Hug” Award - Borderlands 2 (Bit of a random pick here - couldn't come up with anything good)
The “Game Within A Game” Award - Saints Row: The Third
The “I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award” Award - Crusader Kings II
The “Best Use Of A Farm Animal” Award - Worms W.M.D (just picked the most recent in the series)
The “Best Narrator” Award - Darkest Dungeon (although, to be fair, Bastion would also be a good pick for this)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 09:24:07 am by AlStar »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 11:39:31 am »

The “Test of Time” Award - Quake 1
The “I'm Not Crying, There's Something In My Eye” Award - (no choice since ME3 isn't on Steam)
The “Just 5 More Minutes” Award - Fallout: New Vegas
The “Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!” Award - Saint's Row The Third
The “Villain Most In Need Of A Hug” Award - (no choice)
The “Game Within A Game” Award - (no choice)
The “I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award” Award - The Consuming Shadow
The “Best Use Of A Farm Animal” Award - Skyrim
The “Doesn't Work On My Computer” Award - Deus Ex: Invisible War
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 12:00:17 pm »

My personal choices are:

The “Test of Time” Award - Jagged Alliance 2 - something I fondly remember from my early gaming days and if you put some modern resolution mods on top of it, it still holds up due to the gameplay and the writing.

The “I'm Not Crying, There's Something In My Eye” Award - Papo & Yo - I guess there are other games that better suit this category, but it's the one that came to mind and the song that plays during the final credits breaks my heart in two every time I hear it.

The “Just 5 More Minutes” Award - RimWorld - Had me up after midnight two nights in a row after I've reinstalled it recently. Hella addictive.

The “Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!” Award - The Stanley Parable - well, we all know what's whoooaaa about The Stanley Parable :)

The “Villain Most In Need Of A Hug” Award - Brutal Legend - the villain surely needs a hug. And a kiss. And perhaps even some lovin'.

The “Game Within A Game” Award - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - I don't own this game, neither have I played it by other means, but it's the one that came to mind, with Gwent being talked about quite frequently.

The “I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award” Award - Path of Exile - I think I've played this during the open beta stages three years ago, so I think that counts. Recently tried playing again, but then went on to play Titan Quest AE instead :)

The “Best Use Of A Farm Animal” Award - Goat Simulator - I mean, is there really any other choice?

The “Your Category Name Here” Award - I went with "Still Cheaper Elsewhere, Even During Sales" and my pick was "Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor", which I've picked up last week on BundleStars for 5 EUR, while Steam had it at 10 EUR. Sort of a cheeky category, but I wanted to have the whole set, plus had to write a review :)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 01:08:09 pm »

The “Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!” Award - The Stanley Parable - well, we all know what's whoooaaa about The Stanley Parable :)

We do?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 04:14:13 pm »

We do?
Well, for me it's the first video game that I've played that deconstructs video games as a whole, so it was refreshing and exciting to experience something like that.

May I ask about your nomination for "Whoa, dude" award?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2016, 04:31:10 pm »

I nominated Saints Row IV for that. Can't say why, of course, massive spoilers. ;)

P.S. I have never played the Stanley Parable. It's on my wishlist but I doubt I will ever buy it because when I look at the things I like in games, it has 0 of them, as far as I am aware.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 04:33:12 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2016, 04:09:28 pm »

The “Test of Time” Award - Original War - Seriously why don't more people know about this game? One of the most unique (while still being good) RTS I've ever played.

The “Just 5 More Minutes” Award - Factorio - Logged over 500 hours in a single day. Somehow. That's how it felt anyways.

The “Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!” Award - TIS-100/Infinifactory - It only works in the context of both of these games. Not sure which one I'll pick.

The “Game Within A Game” Award - Shenzen I/O - You can make a game inside this game.

The “I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award” Award - Men of War: Assault Squad 2 - It still hasn't won an award.

The “Best Use Of A Farm Animal” Award - EDF 4.1 - What do you mean giant ants aren't farm animals?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 04:11:52 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 01:20:21 am »

How did I miss this thread during the event?
Meh, weeks late, but here is my list. Tried to stick to 2016 releases, re-releases or at least 2016 ports.

The “Test of Time” Award - EVE Online - Old, still griefy, still fun.

The “I'm Not Crying, There's Something In My Eye” Award - Princess Maker 2 Refine - okay, stop laughing.

The “Just 5 More Minutes” Award - Stellaris - any game that makes me spend 300 hours in a single month deserves an award for that.

The “Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!” Award - EDF 4.1 - because Whooooaaaaaaaa is a reaction we had a lot. Mostly because of (hilarious) bugs, but we still had them.

The “Villain Most In Need Of A Hug” Award - Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen, it fits both, the Seneshal from the original and Daimon from Dark Arisen.

The “Game Within A Game” Award - Secret World - Those investigation quests. I hate them, and I really love them at the same time.

The “I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award” Award - Rimworld - sounds kinda hipster, but I've been playing since A5 or so, long before it got popular.

The “Best Use Of A Farm Animal” Award - Worms WMD - Because lack of options. I mean, Sheep rock, but I would have gone with Goat Simulator if it wasn't too old.

The “Best game that got ruined” Award - Tree of Savior - which would be my Holy Grail in terms of gameplay, but it is ruined by IMCs weird anti-botting policy and them limiting everything in order to force money out of players.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?
Pages: 1 [2]