Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 181851 times)

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« on: December 16, 2016, 06:59:36 pm »

Hello, long time lurker here who has finally decided to post. Since there already been a small invasion of Bay12ers into Land of Lords I have decided to make a thread for it. What is Land of Lords? It's a sandbox strategy-RPG medieval roleplaying game that could be described as a cross between Crusader Kings II and the Anno series. I also could be compared to Battlemaster or Might and Fealty if anyone is familiar with those games, but with a city building and economic focus as the game is focused on developing your settlements and moving up in noble ranks and forming realms with other players. The game has a robust trading system, with many ways to make money, from having a mining town, to artistic works and play to farming and cattle raising. However as it is currently winter in game, farming is restricted to the southern portions of the map. War is also an option, with spearmen to catapults and fortification building.
The game has just started and the devs are active and friendly, with an update having been made this week as of posting. While the game is originally French, the game has a large and growing English speaking population and a small Spanish speaking community. The games admin is multilingual and will personally answer questions in the forums and has the style to have his character dwell in a sauron-esq tower on a volcano. The game also has minimal pay to win elements as well, which is nice for a f2p online game. It's an excellent time to join the game if anyone is interested, especially there are already two Bay12er realms formed that I know of.

I am personally settling an island in the northern part of the map called Zaldor, which happens to have many rich mineral deposits. My friends and I are currently the largest faction on the island and if anyone is interested in joining feel free to post in the thread or pm me. My main character is Hylan Gerrick, you can also mail me in game if you need help or just want to chat feel free to hit me up. The island is currently pretty heavily settled, so there might not be room, but openings come up from time to time and I can help find other places. Just to warn everything however, it is the middle of winter and so farming related activities will be limited until March as winter as far as I can tell is real time.

The coordinates of Zaldor Island are 03399W:23441N.

My main is Hylan Gerrick, if you want to settle in the north contact me in mail. We have are forming a dorf merchant republic in the far north, so if you are interested in island lifestyle or setting up colonies along the coast of various lands, talk to me.

Meanwhile, for those wanting warmer climes and farming contact Shooer's main. He is forming quite a nice Bay12er realm and it is ripe for settlement. He has need of more settlers down there and he has managed to gain some settlements to be immediately handed out! Strike the earth and bring a rise to the Southern Republic!

Here's a link to the game's website.

Here is a link to the primary discord server for the game, Land of Bays, people here will be happy to answer your questions or help you find someplace to settle.

Here is another discord server, primarily for Haven and Hearth players, but also has a chat for players of Bay12, has lots of fancy bells and whistles.

The Admin's tower of ominousness

Here is a pic of my currently snow filled valley my town resides in, with its currently flourishing nail and tool industry.

Finally this wonderful travel brochure one of our members made for the island !
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 03:22:53 pm by Friend Computer »
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 07:14:34 pm »

The game is fairly fun, but the big thing I felt should be noted is that the seasons run real time. So its winter now and roughly until march in real life and in game. If you are expecting to get in and start farming with your peasants it will be a long wait unless you settle in the far south of the map.

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 07:16:25 pm »

Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 08:07:01 pm »

So....  uhhh...  I just pick a random spot in the world and claim it?   I require information on setting up at a location where random people arn't hostile or something.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 08:08:54 pm »

So....  uhhh...  I just pick a random spot in the world and claim it?   I require information on setting up at a location where random people arn't hostile or something.

yeah, been looking for a place for a while now. About an hour (though I've been doing other stuff too). haven't found any spots I like lol. I'd like access to metal of some sort at least, but all I mostly find is basalt rock. And the one time I found copper, was too close to someone else, and he was too big anyway for me to want to settle near

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 08:15:34 pm »

yeah, been looking for a place for a while now. About an hour (though I've been doing other stuff too). haven't found any spots I like lol. I'd like access to metal of some sort at least, but all I mostly find is basalt rock. And the one time I found copper, was too close to someone else, and he was too big anyway for me to want to settle near

Well, I can help you guys find a spot if you want to settle up north. I have linked this thread to the southern Bay12ers, so they should have spots down in the south if you want.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 08:18:14 pm by Friend Computer »

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 08:16:58 pm »

Ore and other usable minerals can generally be found next to the mountains not on them. Also if you zoom the map out a little ways till the snow disappears it becomes a bit easier to spot ore patches. Avoid the shi... err schist though, there currently is no use for the stuff at the moment.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 08:20:03 pm by Patchy »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 08:54:06 pm »

The Island of Zaldor is currently under the protection of my 2 pikemen... and the rest of the coalition, but whatevs.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 09:46:20 pm »

Picked a random spot in the north.  I have... Tin?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 09:48:14 pm »

Picked a random spot in the north.  I have... Tin?

That's pretty useful, you can make bronze with that if you get copper? What's your family name in game?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 09:49:36 pm »

Haisha

EDIT: More people working on same construction = faster?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 09:51:36 pm by Zangi »

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 09:56:01 pm »

Haisha

EDIT: More people working on same construction = faster?

Yes, also remember tired people work more slowly and produce lower quality products. Quality doesn't really matter for you at this point however.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 10:11:12 pm »

Hey Friend, do you mind if I try to start on one of the islands to your Northwest?  I want to establish next to someone known, but I still want to be in a difficult area.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 10:14:11 pm »

Hey Friend, do you mind if I try to start on one of the islands to your Northwest?  I want to establish next to someone known, but I still want to be in a difficult area.

Sure, I have no problem with this. If you provide general cords I can help you find the best spot.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 161