Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 179525 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 10:23:07 pm »

Hey Friend, do you mind if I try to start on one of the islands to your Northwest?  I want to establish next to someone known, but I still want to be in a difficult area.

Sure, I have no problem with this. If you provide general cords I can help you find the best spot.

I'm going to drop on the one with all the trees (04013, 23604) using a house named after my Celtic CKII playthrough (House Caliu).  Figure wood is going to be important for an island nation, so I probably want to kick off with a lot of it.  Past that, I'm going to play this the way I initially played DF.  Blindly stumble through and learn through experience.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 10:27:20 pm »

That island is a little too small for you actually make a decent settlement just to warn you. You might better off at 04028W23615N, but even then it will be crowded. You are unlikely to get much larger than a small town there.
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 10:40:46 pm »

That island is a little too small for you actually make a decent settlement just to warn you. You might better off at 04028W23615N, but even then it will be crowded. You are unlikely to get much larger than a small town there.

Meh, I'm just learning the game for now.  Besides, maybe I can try to pull off a Venice.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 10:41:18 pm »

One island further to the northwest might work, its still going to be a difficult and slow task to grow a city there. Honestly you'll want to find somewhere with some mineral wealth to work with.

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2016, 10:44:24 pm »

Each square one building, Zanzetkuken. Just keep that in mind when you are planning where your square will be.

I've also come and visited you.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 10:51:37 pm by Friend Computer »
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2016, 11:25:41 pm »

Hopped in randomly... Not sure what I am... if you see DIMAINZLAND thats me though. This is the first game of this type that I'm actually kind of pumped about.

EDIT: Would it be frowned upon to make another account to get on to Bay12 island? Also how do you sell resources?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:43:02 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2016, 11:43:43 pm »

Hopped in randomly... Not sure what I am... if you see DIMAINZLAND thats me though. This is the first game of this type that I'm actually kind of pumped about.

Multi accounting is forbidden and will get you banned, however you have two heirs you can make who can settle elsewhere. Selling resources is done through management and then resources, I would suggest turning off autosale as the AI will sell your important starting resources otherwise. Also you can abandon your account and make a new one if you mess up terribly.

The island we are at are coordinates 03399W:23441N. There's a large island nearby that isn't heavily settled that might be worth looking at as well at 02352W:24732N. If you copy and paste these into the coordinates bar in the middle of the upper screen you can see both.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:49:00 pm by Friend Computer »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2016, 11:50:55 pm »

right, will check that out. thank you.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2016, 12:35:18 am »

Well, I placed my home before I knew where everyone was gonna be based

Can't delete my account, because have to wait 12 server time
Can't delete my huts I built, and I built them badly anyway. Dunno how to demolish, I looked all over for the button and couldn't find it
Which means I can't just pack up and re-locate.
Even if I could, that is a lot of resources lost
Can't make a new heir, no button anywhere that I can find for it

The UI isn't very user friendly :P

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2016, 12:43:57 am »

Heck with that, I'm making a new account rofl

Just used ALL the resources on houses, cause it kept telling me I was still a beginner account or something and kept telling me to build more rofl. But no way to delete/demolish them (unless I missed it, but I looked in each menu and saw nothing), and I don't want to wait so many hours for the account to be deleted. And I don't even want to demolish them, because that is a TON of resources lost

The most annoying beginning ever. At least Aurora4x (which is a lot harder) is super easy to just start over again. It wouldn't be so bad if restarting was a lot easier, than having to make a new account

I had a cool looking dude too for my pic
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 12:45:58 am by Kazagarth »

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2016, 12:53:02 am »

rofl. If you make a female, and edit your character (click your character on the top right, next to your symbol). Then take off your clothes :P

There is nudity :P

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2016, 01:06:02 am »

Here is where I am located, on the 2nd coordinates you listed. The island you are on is WAY too crowded lol.

02269W:24752N

Disciples of Slaanesh, and my character is a nudist (:P) named Ariel of house Alurae

I just plopped my base down. Hopefully I don't get banned, and they see the other account is being deleted. No idea why my first account couldn't demolish anything, or get a heir or anything like that. Maybe it was because it was a beginner account or something. Dunno. Not gonna waste hours of my time on it to wait for it to be deleted :P

In any case. The new area I found is a lot better :) Maybe other B12 people will live maybe sorta close around there

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2016, 01:24:12 am »

Shot you a message, hope it works out over there. To demolish things, you need to have units on the square, it's considered a construction option oddly enough. As for heirs, it's under the account area actually. I think being in beginner mode limits your options however.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2016, 01:42:07 am »

I've been playing for the past few weeks.   Almost going to start training troops, for almost no reason.

If anyone wants to settle near a friend in the south.  The land were things still grow.  Look around 03246W 16561N.

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2016, 01:51:30 am »

How is the political situation down there Shooer? I would suggest anyone of the farming inclination to look to the south, the north is frozen solid and won't be growing anything for a while. I can't vouch for the safety of that region however.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 161