Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 181429 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1665 on: February 01, 2017, 09:01:59 pm »

I recently needed to contest an abandoned settlement so that I could liquidate it to make room for one of my own to expand, and my Hispania overlords were very supportive in the matter. I'm certainly warming up to them.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: February 02, 2017, 01:03:05 pm »

I noticed that my nicest house was dangerously close to overflowing with freeloading settlers, so I ordered my 6 building teams to take a break from constructing residences and start throwing up quarries around all of the mountains in my domain. After buying up several thousand quarrymen tools, I'm now training those lazy settlers into a mighty workforce capable of churning out a pyramid worth of stone every day! Next step will be upgrading all my barns to store it all long enough for me to unload it on an unwary market each day.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: February 02, 2017, 01:15:59 pm »

You sound like me. I do that with lead. I put like 300 tons of it on the market daily. It's certainly nice to have all that income eh?

Also, try warehouses. You build em next to a workshop.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 02:31:58 pm by Xardalas »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: February 02, 2017, 05:33:35 pm »

Oh hey, just as a general tip for anyone who hasn't happened on it:

While you can move units by highlighting them, waiting the couple of seconds for them to light up, clicking on where you want to go, and then starting up a movement order; you can also move units (well, one at a time, anyway), by just grabbing them and throwing them off the play area in the direction you want them to go - they'll instantly travel one square.

I find this most useful for walking woodcutters around a forest to find someplace to harvest, but it can also be handy to move road builders, jobs around town, or to move a big group of settlers all into a single square then split them up to mass-hunt boar/deer.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 05:35:23 pm by AlStar »

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: February 02, 2017, 07:08:36 pm »

My account was supposed to be deleted at midnight, server time.. now I have to wait till tomorrow??? I wanted to get started building again (sigh)

i cri 2 much

it got deleted after a few minutes

Try settling near me. If you Triangulate, Bagenburg (my settlement--stay off of whats left of my peninsula you peasant!!! [but actually, there's really no space unless you feel like rubbing cheeks with Mohandar{Pravus}]), Arald, and Manetheren you'll find some great land up North.

I had already settled, I'm now far, far , far     , north
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: February 03, 2017, 04:23:08 pm »

While you can move units by highlighting them, waiting the couple of seconds for them to light up, clicking on where you want to go, and then starting up a movement order; you can also move units (well, one at a time, anyway), by just grabbing them and throwing them off the play area in the direction you want them to go - they'll instantly travel one square.

I was surprised by how effectively this works! Definitely useful for road-builders and field-ploughers.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: February 04, 2017, 12:39:34 am »

Couple of questions as I think through the defense of my holdings and how enemies might access them/hurt me.

1) If my suzerain is vassalized can he still release me from my vassalage, making me free?

2) The troops of one character in my family can attack the units of another character in my family. But let's say I have all my holdings under one character. Can the troops of one domain attack the troops of another domain?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1672 on: February 04, 2017, 12:44:17 am »

Couple of questions as I think through the defense of my holdings and how enemies might access them/hurt me.

1) If my suzerain is vassalized can he still release me from my vassalage, making me free?

2) The troops of one character in my family can attack the units of another character in my family. But let's say I have all my holdings under one character. Can the troops of one domain attack the troops of another domain?
1) Yes.
2) Yes.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: February 04, 2017, 06:44:27 am »

Just found out essentially all resources are eventually going to go down to 0% quality as they are extracted, wtf...

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: February 04, 2017, 06:48:48 am »

So does that mean scarcity of goods is going to be a thing?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: February 04, 2017, 06:49:57 am »

Yes, but it takes very long time. I've been cutting away at the mountain in my south since I started at an increasing rate, and it's only lost a few percentage points. The loss rate slows down over time; lower quality loses quality slower.

And it's also mostly a non-issue, as tool quality is a far greater determination of the resulting quality, and experience levels from working the land generally offset the quality loss.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: February 04, 2017, 07:47:56 am »

I ushered settlers into my castle and massacred them mercilessly simply because their aptitudes displeased me. What have I become...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 07:51:51 am by Mookzen »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: February 04, 2017, 10:43:54 am »

Just found out essentially all resources are eventually going to go down to 0% quality as they are extracted, wtf...

Omg, lol--this comes up every other page. Like Akura said it's mostly a non-issue. For example, I've basically strip-mined my basalt mountain range to death. It began at 68% and is now 26%, but I still extract 75%+ basalt.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: February 04, 2017, 06:18:14 pm »

First gate is finished. Adjacent wall section will be finished in 3 days, 12 hours.

...This project is going to take months :-[. It's going to speed up a bit though since I'm putting every new settler I can as a bricklayer, plus the one guy who couldn't be a bricklayer but can become a stonemason(which makes little sense to me).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: February 04, 2017, 07:47:26 pm »

3 bricklayers, 1 carpenter, 1 roofer, 1 surveyor. Walls take one day, gates take two. Not bad.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 161