Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 181621 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2100 on: May 14, 2017, 12:34:34 pm »

Religion is pretty much half arsed shite.
'Catholic' in this sense basically means universal/one god.  It is a translation thing.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: May 20, 2017, 09:42:10 pm »

What role does the pope serve? I looked up the pope on the map today and saw she was surrounded by a bunch of religious folks with Tetra-famous last names.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: May 21, 2017, 01:36:11 am »

Basically nothing.  The guy and his group is basically just riding on the meme-wave of croissant land.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: May 23, 2017, 03:02:05 am »

Did they change something about Spinners?

I got
STR: 9 AGI: 15 CON: 13 INT: 8 WIS: 17 CHA: 12

which in Seneschal returns 47% . While the spreadsheet calculator gives 83%

The specialization ark shows Spinning as weight 5 wisdom.

"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: May 23, 2017, 05:03:50 am »

For some reason, my phone browser is set to Spanish for LoL.  It refuses to change the UI.

Either way, might be a mistake of the spreadsheet.  I'm looking at the info direct from LoL help pages.  The primary skills use agi and...  something.  Can't tell what Sa is short for in spanish.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: May 23, 2017, 05:31:35 am »

Assuming the LoL help pages are still correct: Spinners require Agility to train, but the Spinning skill itself is based on Wisdom. 

So it should only be Wisdom you care about, besides the min 10 Ag to train in the first place.

(their secondary skills of Braiding and Weaving do use Agility, but there's better professions to use for either of those)

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: May 23, 2017, 05:34:56 am »

So Seneschal must be inaccurate or simply including other (less relevant) skills. Tricky, but I get that there are settlers that possibly fulfill all task requirements well simultaneously.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: May 23, 2017, 05:57:45 am »

Spreadsheet and seneschal are bad tools. They give you misleading info.
Spend ten seconds and check the help page to learn what stats every skill requires and pick a villager according to that knowledge. As a rule of thumb, when picking the right guy for the profession you can disregard all secondary skills that give less than 5/level. There are exceptions, like toolmakers, but Spinners obviously only need good Wis and your 17 Wis settler is great for this profession.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: May 23, 2017, 06:55:25 am »

Huehue.  I don't have the time(nor do I want spend the time) to individually look through all my peasants everytime I try to set up a stat-for-quality worker.

Spreadsheet is set-up and forget till I'm looking to train/add +10 new guys.
And really, the info is only misleading if the wrong info is put in. 
(I suppose I had my spreadsheet around long enough to have corrected most of the mistakes/tailored the weights for personal preference.)

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: May 23, 2017, 07:17:14 am »

You do have the time to manually enter all your peasants' stats into the spreadshit and add new peasants on a regular basis.
Just consulting with the help section takes way less effort.

The info is misleading because you can not specify what you need. Most vividly I noticed this when I was training fruit growers. If you go by the spreadshit you'll need peasants with all around excellent stats to qualify. While in reality you can make do with some average Ag/Wi dudes if you only need them for fruit picking and maybe find one Wis/Co/In for planting. If you can't be arsed to go into such detail, you're wasting time on the spreadsheet anyway.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: May 23, 2017, 08:42:09 am »

Gonna have to disagree.  But then I don't access my spreadsheet when not at home.

On that note, I could probably add the new unit types onto my spreadsheet and share it with whoever asks. 
It might take a little to... comprehend all the numbers at first.

As for the Seneschal, isn't that made/maintained by someone from Ymir?  Could always poke at em with specific problems.

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: May 23, 2017, 10:09:14 am »

3 months later I've also lost interested and I have premium for a solid 3 months.
Theres just nothing beyond waiting for timed building and complex resource management.

The combat is so atrocious and abuse-able that it zaps the fun out of any real defenses.
You can simply blitz players so quickly with tokens that they can have little time to react.

If this game had just a bit more to do outside of purely building non-stop, stronger diplomacy and role-play mechanics... it'd be a lot better.
I understand why they didn't want to add any global messaging or kingdom mechanics in to support large chat... but I'm just sitting in a discord constantly get pinged anyways so they might as well support a system in-game instead.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: May 23, 2017, 10:59:26 am »

The Admin (and developer) of this game is one of the worst in terms of listening to the community.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: May 23, 2017, 03:12:11 pm »

The Admin (and developer) of this game is one of the worst in terms of listening to the community.

I remember there was a huge discussion on adding actual guild/clan/kingdom mechanics, like how we needed forums or some messaging board.
He was totally against it and said it killed roleplay and the spirit of the game. Also told a bunch of people if they didnt like the game they could quit.

Fair enough.

However, as I said previously.... I'm just getting pinged in discord constantly by my kingdom non stop, so why not add actual kingdom mechanics in-game. Like did he really not expect people to make discord/slack groups instead to compete?

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: May 23, 2017, 04:29:23 pm »

He even uses a discord to organize things with his mods/admins lol.  What kingdom are you in Fewah?
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 161