Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 181456 times)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2115 on: June 01, 2017, 02:19:36 pm »

With the semester done, and some free time on my hands, I've started playing this again. Really enjoying this game, despite not realizing how severe the drawbacks were of settling in a warm place. However, I still find myself confused about the differences between certain choices of training of construction. For example: What is the purpose of building a boiler factory over an armory? Or do stonemasons really do anything beneficial when compared to bricklayers?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: June 01, 2017, 02:50:44 pm »

What is the purpose of building a boiler factory over an armory? Or do stonemasons really do anything beneficial when compared to bricklayers?

Both buildings are capable of crafting armor and shields. Boiler Factory also builds tanks and pipes, while Armory also builds a variety of weapons.

Stone Masons have a base of +5 Stone Cutting, +1 Sculpture and Masonry.
Brick layers have +5 Masonry, +1 Stone Cutting.
Both units can equip both Trowels and Chisels, which boost Stone Cutting and Masonry, giving both units similar skill levels initially. As they level up however, they would gain more innate bonus from their +5 skills, making them better suited for different tasks.

I suggest training units reactively, not proactively. If you are going to build a building or start a task whose outcome is heavily weighted on a skill, and you have no units specializing in that skill, that's when you train a unit for that job.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: June 01, 2017, 03:20:00 pm »

Stonemasons are not really worth training, in my opinion.
Even when building with stone (granite) instead of bricks constructions still seem to use mostly masonry, with the stonecutting skill just being a negligible footnote.

My stone related construction force is split almost 50/50 between stonemasons and bricklayers and I've always gotten slightly higher quality results when I use only bricklayers instead of mixing both or going full stonemasons. For example my walls are 64% ql when I use granite and only bricklayers, and it slowly drops down to 62% as I replace bricklayers with stonemasons.
There is not even a noticeable gain in construction time.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: June 01, 2017, 04:14:08 pm »

Stonemasons are worth it because you will have to build palaces and temples at some point and they require sculpture. Sculptures are actually useless so its better to have a well-trained stonemason because he will speed up your fortifications too.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: June 02, 2017, 04:34:39 pm »

After spending two weeks building a long road out to a patch of good Silt, the only decent plot of land in my domain with +digging bonuses, my Well-Digger finally reached his goal, only to discover that Wells cannot be built on Silty ground. >_<

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: June 03, 2017, 05:59:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Events of some small interest unfolding in my Empire.
My boss, the Baroness Catari, ordered me to take as vassals the domains of Mistress Clayleu, another Lord within my same empire. By force if necessary. I did not deign to question my Baroness, I simply obeyed.
So I sent a communication to the Mistress Clayleu, instructing her to report to my town square to pledge her vassalage to my Town, under orders of House Catari. Several days passed and she declined to respond to my instructions. So, I escalated matters to her Lord Edwmon, who also after several days declined to respond. Finally, I sent a clutch of Halberdiers to Occupy the Town Square of Baires, so that I could take the domain by force. This attracted an immediate response from Chamberlain Bismarck, who sent a Knight to match each of my 6 Halberdiers. I withdrew my troops before they could get too badly bloodied, and initiated communications with Chamberlain Bismarck, appraising him of the situation and warning that I was prepared to call in the full military force of House Catari alongside my own military if necessary. The Chamberlain promptly responded that he was already opening communications with House Catari directly, and would pursue a cessation to hostilities directly with them.
So now I wait.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: June 09, 2017, 04:13:09 pm »

Yeah, seems like there's a lot of kinda tumultuous happenings in Haradren. I wish luck to those of us who are under them, even though Haradren itself is big and scary. I've been having a nice enough time under Farra just building my city peacefully.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 04:17:20 pm by Cruxador »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: June 12, 2017, 06:58:33 am »

I'm pretty sure Farra is Haradren's(and most of the rest of the LoL communities) boogiemon.

It's just that Farra is basically a defensive alliance.  Under this banner, few people will openly take military action against it.
Though, there are small fries who think they could get away with things sometimes.  And as for the bigger guys, more likely to target those of us at the top anyways.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: June 12, 2017, 10:46:47 am »

How'd you fall in with Haradren anyways Folly?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: June 12, 2017, 03:48:13 pm »

How'd you fall in with Haradren anyways Folly?

When I started the game, I just looked for a spot with abundant resources and no potential enemies in the immediate area. Once I grew large enough to be seen as a potential threat to my slightly larger neighbors, I was delivered an ultimatum, either to bend the knee or find myself crushed beneath their heel. Extremely generous tax rates and the promise of military protection made it a fairly easy decision.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2125 on: June 12, 2017, 04:38:10 pm »

Extremely generous tax rates and the promise of military protection made it a fairly easy decision.
You fought against the decoy armies of Haradren and won? It doesn't explain how you ended as their vassal though.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: June 12, 2017, 04:59:23 pm »

How much they tax you over there anyways? 

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: June 12, 2017, 06:40:04 pm »

How much they tax you over there anyways?

1%.
I can only speak for my direct overlords though, not the other branches of the Empire.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: June 12, 2017, 06:53:10 pm »

Damn.  Pole here charges 50%.  I should probably move over.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2129 on: June 12, 2017, 07:40:57 pm »

Tnx being salty because he fucked up.
Also you can't charge 50%, I am pretty sure. :|
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 161