Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 182124 times)

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2175 on: October 03, 2017, 12:46:14 pm »

Not even half.  It's at 1/5 the playerbase.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2176 on: October 03, 2017, 04:12:19 pm »

A lot of people just ghost around but don't actually play in any serious way. Number of people that actually matter in some degree is probably pretty easy to count on fingers, even more so if you add the toes.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: October 26, 2017, 06:37:58 pm »

So, evidently enough people cared enough to poke me to restore it so the Lands of Lord's general discord server has been fixed and has new moderation. Here's the link if anyone is interested. https://discord.gg/SMuymen
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: October 26, 2017, 07:18:16 pm »

Honestly, I think the death of this game has been a bit overstated. Yes, there's only a fifth of the players left, but the people still around are good folks too, for the most part, and the ones that aren't at least are good at stirring up shit.

If you like slow-paced city-builders, then it's also still great. The game has a lot of potential that it doesn't live up to, which is frustrating, but it's still enjoyable enough for the good bits.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: October 27, 2017, 07:17:46 pm »

If you've never seen a game die before it could seem that way. It's not about good players... the good players are always the last to leave.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Chaia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: November 04, 2017, 12:19:13 pm »

Despite the negative comments I gave this game a shot and it is pretty good so far.
  • The admin is very active, fixing a lot of bugs and adding new stuff to the game.
  • A tutorial is there, but not that well explained - the ingame forum is the best place to ask for tips
  • You get a few instantly finished buildings in the tutorial, beside that is the game very slow paced (it's still a browsergame)
  • Depending on your location you want to settle, you will find many(on Tetra), some (on Tetra Midi) or a few (Tropica) already claimed areas - A good number of them are - sadly - vacant. The admin introduced a new feature, where domains with no owner will decay and delete the claim
  • The people I've met so far are very newbie-friendly, but there are stories of less friendly people out there
  • Best bet is before you even start your first domain to make contact with other people in the ingame forum - and again, the forum is your best friend
  • There are a good number of domains which are free to claim for new players to give them a jumpstart

So Land of Lords is currently keeping me attached, if you like slow paced city building games - give it a try!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2181 on: November 04, 2017, 06:20:49 pm »

• The admin is very active, fixing a lot of bugs and adding new stuff to the game.
Ironically, this is probably also the biggest downside of the game.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: November 04, 2017, 08:42:14 pm »

The forums? I don't know about that. Realm discords are a better bet, I think.

Ironically, this is probably also the biggest downside of the game.
The stuff he's been doing lately has been nice enough.

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: November 05, 2017, 06:55:21 am »

Automated wanderers (e.g. woodcutters, farmers...) not visiting spots visited in the previous 24 hours is certainly a major plus. Limiting their wandering to 16 arpents is also mostly a good thing. Whether the "general improvement of the memorization of which resource you select for each action or skill" is actually any good remains to be seen. To me it seems to be more of a negative thing. (I just noticed that my spinner's been using hemp fiber instead of wool since that particular update. I've never used hemp to make thread...)

Schist is still useless, as are a lot of the tropical trees and Tropican bushlands. Some of the end-products have become more expensive than their constituents, others have not.

I've started to get offers of vassalization regularly, and am wondering, if there's any real point to it if I just want to build my own little cities in the middle of nowhere Tropica? It's not even like the offerers are particularly close to me anyway, and I certainly don't need any money, or want to be leeched money out of, nor do I particularly care to spend more time in-game, socializing and sending my ten pikemen to the other end of the continent and whatnot. Taking care of three domains takes quite enough time already. (One of which is among the only domains on the continent that has the raw materials for baskets.)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: November 05, 2017, 10:12:41 am »

Automated wanderers (e.g. woodcutters, farmers...) not visiting spots visited in the previous 24 hours is certainly a major plus. Limiting their wandering to 16 arpents is also mostly a good thing. Whether the "general improvement of the memorization of which resource you select for each action or skill" is actually any good remains to be seen. To me it seems to be more of a negative thing. (I just noticed that my spinner's been using hemp fiber instead of wool since that particular update. I've never used hemp to make thread...)
I'm not sure exactly how much that but does either, but at least it's improvements where improvements were needed, and the specific issue you mention is one stemming from switching to the new system rather than from the system itself, so it won't be recurring.

Schist is still useless, as are a lot of the tropical trees and Tropican bushlands. Some of the end-products have become more expensive than their constituents, others have not.
Yeah, the Tropican economy in general does need to be revisited in general. I think a comprehensive review of it would be good. But for now, since it's only one continent without a huge active population, it's less priority than some things that impact everyone. At least, I assume that's the reason.

I've started to get offers of vassalization regularly, and am wondering, if there's any real point to it if I just want to build my own little cities in the middle of nowhere Tropica? It's not even like the offerers are particularly close to me anyway, and I certainly don't need any money, or want to be leeched money out of, nor do I particularly care to spend more time in-game, socializing and sending my ten pikemen to the other end of the continent and whatnot. Taking care of three domains takes quite enough time already. (One of which is among the only domains on the continent that has the raw materials for baskets.)
There's not a big point to it unless you're concerned about your defense. That's the main practical reason both historically and in-game, but if you don't have any near neighbors then it's probably not an issue.

I will say that few nations have tax rates above the minimum or requirements for good diplomatically active you are, so if vassalization requests are annoying you, accepting one may be worth it to make the others go away.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: November 06, 2017, 01:20:49 am »

To be fair.... these recent changes are on the good side.  Where were they 4 months ago?

It was the economic changes that pissed off most of the player base.  Sure, there was some good laced in that, but it was mostly an increase in micromanagement. 

I'm still around, on life support with my 1 domain at the least.  My economy at my main place was pretty resilient to the new changes, so that helped me stick around.

There's not a big point to it unless you're concerned about your defense. That's the main practical reason both historically and in-game, but if you don't have any near neighbors then it's probably not an issue.

I will say that few nations have tax rates above the minimum or requirements for good diplomatically active you are, so if vassalization requests are annoying you, accepting one may be worth it to make the others go away.
There are some scummy people out there.  Remember it well.  Joining someone will ward off most pushy/aggressive people.  We've had B12ers and random friends get ganked specifically cause they were alone/unaffiliated.
Not sure if we have a presence down in Tropico other then my inactive alt though.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:03:57 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: November 06, 2017, 01:44:45 am »

Bay12 presence in the game is definitely not as strong as it used to be, but feel free to join the discord since we still got a couple stragglers. Some of the people who still play, like Hawkwood could probably even help you out.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: November 06, 2017, 02:05:21 am »

Yeah, if you're looking for a hookup, there's enough of us still around. Most joined the Confederation of Farra, but that was dismantled somewhat recently and the vicekingdom of Hawkwood, which held most of the military power (and also, as an indirect vassal, me) married together with Demos, in search of some relatively laid back roleplaying. It's still an open place if you're looking for a liege that definitely won't abuse you, and since Hawkwood has enough military might to single-handedly fight off any empire in the game, you won't be called on to do anything troublesome.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: November 07, 2017, 03:28:30 am »

If anybody wants to start out and would like a small bump, I have control over several old domains of my alt and my girlfriend (who ragequitted a few months ago) that are currently empty and that I'd gladly give away. They're somewhat in disrepair since they have been abandoned for 3+ months, but most of them are still functional and with basic industry buildings set up.

Honorhall, Honorhall Islands and Falcons Rest on Tetra. All have sources of iron and lots of wood, 2 of them are already walled in (Honorhall Islands has a partially built wall, but most is still missing) and they're in spitting distance of Hawkwood, so they're extra safe.

Ilessan, landlocked on Zaldor, which can be considered playing on hardmode. Fully walled in, has buildings of most industries and some wood. None of the "useful" metals sadly, and since it is landlocked no way to trade for them.

Crusader Rock on Tropica. Copper and wood, some Sulfur and ocean access. Not bad as far as Tropica goes, but thats honestly not saying much.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: November 07, 2017, 11:35:46 am »

Plenty of large/huge domains under Tor Flunk as well up for grabs.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 161