Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 181996 times)

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2235 on: January 06, 2019, 08:49:35 pm »

Yep. He pretty much destroyed his own game.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: January 06, 2019, 09:52:59 pm »

Don’t you guys know that ruining an otherwise fine game with intrusive micro transactions and p2win elements is the latest hip trend in triple a game design?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: January 07, 2019, 02:27:24 pm »

To be fair, the game wasn't exactly going in a great direction even before that. We all left for a reason, after all.

Big facts. So much potential... ruined so hard.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Nevets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: February 08, 2019, 07:43:55 pm »

Bit of a long shot, but don't suppose anyone still plays? Going to try it again, after a year.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: February 09, 2019, 07:47:15 am »

TBH I just wish there had been an offline singleplayer version.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: February 09, 2019, 09:02:56 am »

I've played for two years now. :P

The only disturbing thing is that some players have zombie domains to boost their ranks. Probably one man kingdoms with some alt accounts (which is forbidden). Said zombie domains are blocking expansion and causing tension. They could probably be wiped out, but the thing is that they can't be revoked unless they are captured and haven't logged in for a time, and of course they log in once a week to stay "active".
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: February 09, 2019, 07:27:54 pm »

I still play rather regularly. While I don't use the account I formerly did, I exist out there.

I feel the game's direction hasn't been what would be best for it. But amongst browser based "time-wasters" to me it still offers some of the greatest freedom. And its still less p2w then most previous games out there I tried which is why I've kept with it (with only two hiatuses) for a few years now.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: February 09, 2019, 08:49:33 pm »

played this for a bit a couple of years back, it was fun for a while but got a bit micromanage-y.
Started trying to write a small program to help decide which dudes to give which jobs, but got shutdown, apparently such things are not allowed.

It felt like the dev took a "use micro to force players to spend more time in game" approach to game design.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: February 09, 2019, 10:31:46 pm »

I used to use a site for it, but it's more or less built into the game now. When you look at training options it will give you a % . However, sometimes you only want to automate a guy to do one of all possible things he can do, and then you can do a better assessment manually.

It's very little micro if you find a good place to be self sufficient, bar some resources. I have no wheat in the winter, so I overproduce bread during the summer. Temperatures make it sustain quantity and quality.

The game is very interesting. It does not seem to be made to make money, and implements far from trivial things.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: February 12, 2019, 01:52:30 am »

Starting work on my first palace, hoping to have it completed by the end of next week. In other news the walls around my main city are nearing 50% done. Should have rest up by the end of February. I've also started to create satellite cities within my domain so it feels more like a kingdom and less like a city-state.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: February 12, 2019, 09:56:20 am »

My glorious island castle hath fallen into romantic ruin. Sometimes I feel like coming back, but then I remember the vast number of things that turned me off of this game.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Nevets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: February 13, 2019, 03:11:01 pm »

So upon my return.... I'm kinda stumped. My citizens have no money but keep trying to buy things that cost hundreds and getting upset they can't afford it, so I'm losing people rapidly and my happiness is plummeting. Would making a new account give some sort of newbie protection against this? When I last played, demands were in sure but people didn't leave.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: February 13, 2019, 05:11:38 pm »

I think there is a 30 day bonus for newcomers. Best way to get starting money is to salvage/disband an inactive domain (its money transfers to char pockets, and next day to his/her domain).

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: February 13, 2019, 05:26:34 pm »

It seems I don't have my account anymore. Do they delete accounts after in-activity for a certain period? Cause I wrote down the email I used and my username, and it says it doesn't exist.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: February 13, 2019, 09:59:12 pm »

Most likely happens when all your characters are killed off.  So technically, no data to save for later anyways.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 161