Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 181882 times)

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2265 on: April 05, 2019, 01:38:23 pm »

The problem there is that it's likely a crossing, and not a street. 8 houses max there.

Cheers, I found a spot without a crossing and it worked. Is that a normal setup? Everything as crossings? I'm just grossly attempting to abuse an existing city for a faster restart.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: April 05, 2019, 01:54:36 pm »

Crossing might be a requirement of some workshop (as opposed to streets). Not sure though, but (bs) necklace farms require either one. Could be a remnant of old mechanics/requirements. A street would max population though.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #2267 on: April 06, 2019, 01:12:40 pm »

Heh, it didn't matter anyway. There is a troop of 10 Knights on the way to wipe me out it looks like. That didn't take long.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: April 06, 2019, 02:41:50 pm »

Seems to be a loaded but unaligned player. You could pledge allegiance to some local empire to get them to help you. Basically all empires need players, there's a shortage, to fill up empty domains or just to hold territory. However, this guy alone wields a huge army unmatched by most players. His build style is one of crossings too.

And it worries me, since he is a neighbour on Tropica :P .
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 02:45:27 pm by Radsoc »
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Naverin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: April 08, 2019, 07:44:18 pm »

Just found this game after reading about it on reddit.   Long time DF Player and giving it a try.   Any advice for someone new starting?  I found a spot.. built a few huts and am starting a road and a garden/well for water.   a couple folks messaged me and got me into a discord but they all are speaking russian so thats not much help right now lol.

I read a few of the recent pages on this thread.  Is it worth breaking down/abandoning my spot and trying to find a city/area that i could claim to get a head start?

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: April 09, 2019, 12:21:35 am »

I would say that it's better to pick an abandoned area and claim the buildings there. But, you could use one of your other chars for that. You may want sea access to trade as well.

The economy is difficult in the beginning. Liquidating abandoned domains gets you some cash injections though.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #2271 on: April 09, 2019, 01:34:05 pm »

Just found this game after reading about it on reddit.   Long time DF Player and giving it a try.   Any advice for someone new starting?  I found a spot.. built a few huts and am starting a road and a garden/well for water.   a couple folks messaged me and got me into a discord but they all are speaking russian so thats not much help right now lol.

I read a few of the recent pages on this thread.  Is it worth breaking down/abandoning my spot and trying to find a city/area that i could claim to get a head start?

We might be in the same country... Everyone in my discord is in Russian too :D

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: April 09, 2019, 03:08:51 pm »

So are knights and catapults under a paywall? I heard the game turned really pay to win.

If so, I probably won't rejoin. But not sure how accurate it is. That is what they were saying on the paradox forums though and how a lot of the updates chased players away

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: April 09, 2019, 06:21:41 pm »

Well, it's official guys. I'm bored of this game again. I completed everything I wanted to about a month ago and have been pretty stagnant since then. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to hand off my domain to them. Here are the coordinates: https://www.landsoflords.com/map/02663W26068N

Just make sure to zoom out and take a good look as there are three different cities within my single domain.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: April 09, 2019, 09:33:03 pm »

So are knights and catapults under a paywall? I heard the game turned really pay to win.

If so, I probably won't rejoin. But not sure how accurate it is. That is what they were saying on the paradox forums though and how a lot of the updates chased players away
Coal is under a paywall, and you use it for all tools and weapons. You can also do it with charcoal, but not only is it a longer industry chain, and not only does it result in lower quality normally, it also relies on buggy unit movement AI so to get a decent efficiency you have to micromanage.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: April 09, 2019, 11:07:37 pm »

Coal is not under a paywall. I've got like 5 mines worth of the stuff and I've never paid a dime. However, knights, water fountains, theatre pieces, great helms, and some other things are behind a paywall.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

luizeba

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: April 10, 2019, 12:41:08 pm »

Guys, I want to start playing this game. Can someone recommend me a good place to settle, a friendly kingdom to join, and a discord to chat? :D

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #2277 on: April 10, 2019, 03:52:44 pm »

Guys, I want to start playing this game. Can someone recommend me a good place to settle, a friendly kingdom to join, and a discord to chat? :D

When I joined I got a few offers right away. I'm in a Russian Empire currently, so it's a bit challenging on the communication part. I don't really know the politics of the world.

On another note - does anyone have a resource with the best builder squad makeup? Say a squad for building huts into the first stage of a street. I've been taking the skills required, rounding down, and thats how many of that skill I bring. Is this okay, or should I adjust? For huts for example, 2 carp , 2 roofer, 1 glazier. Maybe a carter too?

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: April 10, 2019, 07:47:48 pm »

The further you are from your first square the more useful a Carter is but even then they're pretty meh. Personally I think your setup is massive overkill. If you try applying that philosophy to larger buildings you won't even be able to fit everyone in the area. Plus each additional person you add is slightly less efficient. You're better off just spreading everyone around. I do 50/worker for building costs.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #2279 on: April 11, 2019, 12:45:12 pm »

The further you are from your first square the more useful a Carter is but even then they're pretty meh. Personally I think your setup is massive overkill. If you try applying that philosophy to larger buildings you won't even be able to fit everyone in the area. Plus each additional person you add is slightly less efficient. You're better off just spreading everyone around. I do 50/worker for building costs.

Thanks I appreciate it. I've just started spreading them out and taking the hit on time. I took over a place and have a ton of repairing to do. So I'm trying to save those before they all collapse on my face.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 161