Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 181975 times)

Naverin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2280 on: April 12, 2019, 12:28:26 pm »

I cant believe how much of a leg up taking over a half run down town is.

My main town is just finishing a school after a few days of building with a few huts and not much going for it yet.

A small town I took over that was abandoned has over 20 units working and more training.  it had some mines I've re-built and got some minor industry starting up again.  I feel like i've been propelled forward weeks.

That being said.. its in the middle of the desert with no ocean access and almost no trees/resources outside of the small town i took which might be why its abandoned lol.. but ill learn/build/figure things out.

Naverin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: April 22, 2019, 07:10:18 pm »

Well, it's official guys. I'm bored of this game again. I completed everything I wanted to about a month ago and have been pretty stagnant since then. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to hand off my domain to them. Here are the coordinates: https://www.landsoflords.com/map/02663W26068N

Just make sure to zoom out and take a good look as there are three different cities within my single domain.

Thats a pretty stout city!  What did you do to make revenue to get something like that off the ground? or just a time thing to slowly keep building up?

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: April 23, 2019, 02:00:24 am »

Well, it's official guys. I'm bored of this game again. I completed everything I wanted to about a month ago and have been pretty stagnant since then. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to hand off my domain to them. Here are the coordinates: https://www.landsoflords.com/map/02663W26068N

Just make sure to zoom out and take a good look as there are three different cities within my single domain.

Thats a pretty stout city!  What did you do to make revenue to get something like that off the ground? or just a time thing to slowly keep building up?

A good way to make money is to buy as much gold ore as you can and smelt it down. My income has also been supplemented with logging, hunting, and mining. Reindeer meet can be worth a pretty penny and so can coal. You can even just smelt your iron ore down and sell that if gold ore is on one of its upward price swings. And in the early game I hunted for deals and learned how to turn some big profits playing in the market. At one point sand was something like $30-40/ton and I was buying it from anywhere between $1.50-5/ton
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: April 29, 2019, 04:42:49 pm »

A reset is coming. So I guess this is it for me :P

Maybe a good starting point if you are new though.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: April 29, 2019, 06:03:57 pm »

Welp. For a game propped up by the bones of a dead community, that sounds like a nail in the coffin.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: April 29, 2019, 09:44:23 pm »

RIP the only thing I like LoL for: looking at the cool cities.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: April 30, 2019, 03:33:16 am »

The game is brilliant, but with no "guaranteed" persistence, any construction you do, over the course of (usually a long) time, can be nullified at any time. The main problem is that such decisions are made by one person, and not by the community of players. The admin is very much an idealist. Game design according to what should be, and not according to what players actually do with it and what incentives they have.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: April 30, 2019, 09:37:32 am »

Welp. For a game propped up by the bones of a dead community, that sounds like a nail in the coffin.

https://www.landsoflords.com/forum//1839631

A quick skim seems to suggest a lot of "hard rules" coming into play now also.
Population limits (every organisation has a pop limit and cannot build houses after they hit it..)
Walls (building walls negatively impacts housing cap..hmmm)

RIP Fortress cities.

I see Admin responses still as great as ever. When discussing roleplay and player interactions or lack of:
 ~"if you dont roleplay and interact with the community then your just a troll. That is all."~  ::)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: April 30, 2019, 03:38:10 pm »

Seems like the developer is just hell-bent on killing off his game by making it too damn frustrating for players to deal with.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2289 on: April 30, 2019, 06:07:11 pm »

Any hope to come back to the game died for me when I learned that Admin now locks a lot of content (not only cosmetic) behind the LoL+ paywall. You can't even make competitive soldiers without it, you are very limited in terms of what titles you can actually own, and entire production chains (notably like, almost all weaponsnot really, but it's still bad) are also exclusive to paying people.
What boggles my mind is that people actually still play it, pay him, and defend this (*cough* looking at you Hwakwod *cough*) policy.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 06:12:01 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Naverin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: April 30, 2019, 07:46:51 pm »

Reading the new rules for after the "wipe"... wow

lots of limits, lots of hardship. lots of micromanagement.  people dying off every few weeks/months means every production chain needs to be reviewed and checked all the time.  limits on size.. okay im super small having just started.. but limiting growth means its going to be all about forming alliances/who has the most people since you cant really get a super city/area and do everything.

i'm kinda wondering what the creators ideas are for post wipe gameplay.  i'm going to get plugging along and learning but i have a feeling some of these changes will not help the game at all, let alone try and capture new players/ease of use.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: April 30, 2019, 08:22:09 pm »

It really saddens me that its taking the direction it is as it nearly completely destroys the reason I play the game for.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: April 30, 2019, 10:31:40 pm »

The reset and changes kinda suck. Too bad cause this was amazing but glad didnt get back into it. Plus the pay to win stuff kinda ruined it already. But the changws sound so bad

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: April 30, 2019, 10:58:00 pm »

My reactions:

Reads about reset: "Hmm, might restart after the reset, see how much it has changed over the last year."
Starts to read changelog: "Lolnope, screw that noise."

I hate how this game has evolved. So much annoying micromanagement was added, and going by that newest log it will only get worse.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: April 30, 2019, 11:30:45 pm »

I played a few months back in 2017, and the reset announce doesn't restore my interest in playing again... I read yesterday all the planned changes that the admin wants to implement in the reset, and it's the same old measures to keep nerfing and frustrating the player base... I might recover my interest if the game had a much faster pace, more focused in battles and pillage instead of building huts again and again... But that doesn't seem the philosophy behind admin's actions.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 12:00:19 am by ivanovic »
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 161