Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 181848 times)

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2340 on: November 30, 2019, 10:09:07 pm »

Anyone still playing this game that was great but became not so great?

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: November 30, 2019, 10:26:36 pm »

Off and on. Its like a trainwreck in process, hard to take your eyes off it heh. Gotta see the carnage and where everything lands once the smoke clears.

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: December 01, 2019, 09:48:13 am »

Off and on. Its like a trainwreck in process, hard to take your eyes off it heh. Gotta see the carnage and where everything lands once the smoke clears.

The game still has around 1800 active players and 250 players logged in prime time, so for some reason it keeps resisting... I quitted playing two years ago, with a brief comeback this summer, when the new map was released.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: December 01, 2019, 12:01:34 pm »

Is it like 1800 actual active players or alts? Back in the day a lot of people had like 7-8 alts.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: May 21, 2020, 01:42:52 am »

So I quit this game last year, but curious if anything has changed?
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: May 21, 2020, 05:29:35 pm »

..to the wrose, of course. As usual.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: May 25, 2020, 03:43:54 pm »

I don't suppose there's someway for a person to release an older version of the game for everyone to play
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: May 25, 2020, 09:09:47 pm »

I don't know if it's just me, but when I read the changelog of Lands of Lords, I remember that phrase by John Maynard Keynes about digging holes in the ground and then filling them up again and again... I read the changelog and I keep reading: "Now you can do this", and after a few months: "Now you cannot do this", and after a few months again: "Now you can do this again".

It's like the Admin has fallen into an OCD spiral and is revolving around the same bunch of issues ad nauseam.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 09:15:42 pm by ivanovic »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: May 28, 2020, 05:55:43 am »

I've come to the conclusion that that happens because he wants to make the game more appealing to a wider audience in order to get more revenue, but then his core of french rpers complain and threaten to leave, so he reverts those changes.

For example, he tried to make wars easier and more common, but then his french core got their ass kicked in a war and complained, so he made it harder again.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: May 28, 2020, 09:18:51 am »

I've come to the conclusion that that happens because he wants to make the game more appealing to a wider audience in order to get more revenue, but then his core of french rpers complain and threaten to leave, so he reverts those changes.

For example, he tried to make wars easier and more common, but then his french core got their ass kicked in a war and complained, so he made it harder again.
Also because his attempts to broaden appeal don't necessarily reflect an understanding of his game's appeal in the first place.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: March 12, 2021, 12:32:38 am »

It's been a while.

Something like a week ago Admin unleashed a new version on the game without any wipe. A few days later the servers (OVH) and backups burnt to the ground.

Guess the game is going to be down for a few weeks and there will be a total reset. (It's what everyone's saying, and Admin apparently didn't have their 'disaster recovery' feature which was an extra 5/mo or something.)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: March 12, 2021, 04:58:21 pm »

It's been a while.

Something like a week ago Admin unleashed a new version on the game without any wipe. A few days later the servers (OVH) and backups burnt to the ground.

Guess the game is going to be down for a few weeks and there will be a total reset. (It's what everyone's saying, and Admin apparently didn't have their 'disaster recovery' feature which was an extra 5/mo or something.)

Man, I wish this game would die, a group of developers would do a post mortem and write up a case study, and then just make this--but good.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: March 12, 2021, 06:45:41 pm »

This reset could be a new chance to make the game better, with faster pace, more focus on battles and conquest instead of building huts again and again... BUT... I bet the game will return from the reset even slower, more restricted, more focused on building huts.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 06:50:17 pm by ivanovic »

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: March 13, 2021, 01:30:11 am »

I stopped at the last wipe, but found it to be an excellent game pre-wipe. Very slow paced, but that's what I liked about it. Building restrictions post wipe seemed strange though.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: April 18, 2021, 04:58:42 pm »

The game came back online today. Everything is wiped, even the work people did translating the game into all the languages over the years.

Won't be a chance to start on equal terms with everyone again for a long time probably.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 161