Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 181711 times)

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2370 on: April 22, 2021, 12:16:16 am »

I spent 5 dollars on LoL+

Been on it all day xD

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: April 22, 2021, 12:30:36 am »

Been on it all day xD

Take it easy... This game is a long-distance race.

By the way, I've just captured a Russian lady who killed one of my settlers... I expect retaliation...  :-X

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: April 22, 2021, 12:46:20 am »

So what is generally a build order for a new settlement? I was thinking a well for water (which I could sell, but maybe it wouldnt make a lot), but maybe houses would be better to get more people. Though I dunno if people leave if run out of funds, hence a well or a plantation or something before houses.

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: April 22, 2021, 01:27:17 am »

So what is generally a build order for a new settlement? I was thinking a well for water (which I could sell, but maybe it wouldnt make a lot), but maybe houses would be better to get more people. Though I dunno if people leave if run out of funds, hence a well or a plantation or something before houses.

If you mean the initial hamlet that comes with your first character (which has a lot of houses already built), then it's better to focus on building facilities that make you get a good steady income: roads to mineral deposits to build mines and/or quarries, maybe a farm and a vegetable garden, etc.

Edit: A well is a good idea, because water is necessary for animal breeding and the vegetable garden.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 01:41:20 am by ivanovic »

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: April 22, 2021, 02:25:53 am »

If you mean the initial hamlet that comes with your first character (which has a lot of houses already built), then it's better to focus on building facilities that make you get a good steady income: roads to mineral deposits to build mines and/or quarries, maybe a farm and a vegetable garden, etc.

Edit: A well is a good idea, because water is necessary for animal breeding and the vegetable garden.

A brand new settlement. But might not matter. Where I settled, someone came along and attacked my lord. I won somehow? Even though had 0% and was "dying" I started becoming immortal and blocking the persons attack over and over and became a death god. Both in the end have 0% "dying" status, and we don't know how to make each other prisoner lol. It shows as "capture" in the help, but that button never appears. He rage quit and said how bad the game is, but I like that I can't just show up somewhere and be murdered right away. His lord is still there though and the capture doesn't show up.

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: April 22, 2021, 04:33:27 am »

A brand new settlement. But might not matter. Where I settled, someone came along and attacked my lord. I won somehow? Even though had 0% and was "dying" I started becoming immortal and blocking the persons attack over and over and became a death god. Both in the end have 0% "dying" status, and we don't know how to make each other prisoner lol. It shows as "capture" in the help, but that button never appears. He rage quit and said how bad the game is, but I like that I can't just show up somewhere and be murdered right away. His lord is still there though and the capture doesn't show up.

I don't know exactly how the capture stuff works now, because Admin has changed it so many times I lost count.

In my case, I've started attacking one of her settlers (one with no profession yet) until killing him, and when I was about to kill the second one, the settler has got immunity with a white flag on his portrait and the domain has fallen into a "truce" status, so I couldn't hurt settlers anymore. Then I got to where the lady of the hamlet was, I start to hit her, and when her health bar was low, I got the "Capture" option under the "Attack" one.

Maybe it's due to the "truce" status.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: April 22, 2021, 04:49:52 am »

Right now the main priority is getting nail+tool production going. You can just buy iron ore on the market and smelt it in your hamlet, then make a forge and train a toolmaker. That is the base of all right now, because trying to buy these things on the market is a terrible idea (people like me are scalping all the tool prices to stupidly high prices.)

Once you have nails and tools, you probably should focus on building material production. Wood+Stone, and whatever other minerals you can find. Gold, gems, copper, etc.

Also, the new version means you need to cluster pretty hard. That means putting the bulk of your domains right on top of each other and connecting with roads. This allows goods to flow between them automatically. The main thing here is to connect a village with a town. Village extracts resources, town refines them. Then a lordship for the military. So a triangle of village->town->lordship is a solid start. If you're solo, aim for a city and then more lordships probably. I'm not exactly up-to-date on all this, since I did not play in LoL5 or LoL6.

If your starting hamlet isn't a good spot, then definitely focus it on producing whatever you can to bootstrap your next domains where you want them.

The big factions have pretty much already chosen their main areas to focus in. I'd recommend Samotras and joining me, and the archeotype crowd :joy:

P.S. I forgot to add: always make your next domain after the 24hr timer is up asap. Even if you don't need the space, you can take those three free workers to your main domain (as long as you have the same lord for both places) and use them as cheap labor to build faster. Just bootstrap speedup tip.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 05:06:10 am by nate9090 »

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: April 22, 2021, 05:27:11 am »

Help, as I expected, I'm being attacked by a Russian mafia... Any tip to sort out this?

I don't understand how they can intrude so easily.

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: April 22, 2021, 06:12:14 am »

Uh, it seems I stumbled upon a big scheme here:

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: April 22, 2021, 08:48:57 am »

Too much drama for my blood. I'm getting flashbacks to when I had what felt like the entirety of France killing all my serfs due to a... *ahem* misunderstanding where I killed a minor lordling because his holdings were blocking my expansion and he was never online to communicate with.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: April 22, 2021, 09:04:06 am »

Right now the main priority is getting nail+tool production going. You can just buy iron ore on the market and smelt it in your hamlet, then make a forge and train a toolmaker. That is the base of all right now, because trying to buy these things on the market is a terrible idea (people like me are scalping all the tool prices to stupidly high prices.)

Once you have nails and tools, you probably should focus on building material production. Wood+Stone, and whatever other minerals you can find. Gold, gems, copper, etc.

Also, the new version means you need to cluster pretty hard. That means putting the bulk of your domains right on top of each other and connecting with roads. This allows goods to flow between them automatically. The main thing here is to connect a village with a town. Village extracts resources, town refines them. Then a lordship for the military. So a triangle of village->town->lordship is a solid start. If you're solo, aim for a city and then more lordships probably. I'm not exactly up-to-date on all this, since I did not play in LoL5 or LoL6.

If your starting hamlet isn't a good spot, then definitely focus it on producing whatever you can to bootstrap your next domains where you want them.

The big factions have pretty much already chosen their main areas to focus in. I'd recommend Samotras and joining me, and the archeotype crowd :joy:

P.S. I forgot to add: always make your next domain after the 24hr timer is up asap. Even if you don't need the space, you can take those three free workers to your main domain (as long as you have the same lord for both places) and use them as cheap labor to build faster. Just bootstrap speedup tip.

If I was to move way up to you, where abouts would I go (I went way down south so it be a huge journey up to you to get back to the north area), but thinking about it, I think it be better if I was near someone who knew the game really well. And seeing early in the thread you were one of the top people some time back, might as well :)

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: April 22, 2021, 09:43:04 am »

If I was to move way up to you, where abouts would I go (I went way down south so it be a huge journey up to you to get back to the north area), but thinking about it, I think it be better if I was near someone who knew the game really well. And seeing early in the thread you were one of the top people some time back, might as well :)

Send me a mail ingame @Amelia Hawkwood, or contact me on discord @ Erios#2817  It'll be easier to set things up and discuss than on a forum!

Also @ivanovic, yikes. Looks like moderation showed up too. Pretty sure they are taking a stance of wiping people out for land isn't allowed, and conquest must be done through vassalage. Not sure how much protection that really provides, as in the past moderation was a bit impotent and people were wiped out anyway.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: April 22, 2021, 10:34:28 am »

Send me a mail ingame @Amelia Hawkwood, or contact me on discord @ Erios#2817  It'll be easier to set things up and discuss than on a forum!

Also @ivanovic, yikes. Looks like moderation showed up too. Pretty sure they are taking a stance of wiping people out for land isn't allowed, and conquest must be done through vassalage. Not sure how much protection that really provides, as in the past moderation was a bit impotent and people were wiped out anyway.

Once I get my activation email, I'll contact you in-game. I can't contact you on discord unless we are in the same server, and there doesn't appear to be a (posted) discord group. I joined one you posted but its an invite by a deleted user and its called providence. That was only discord link that worked though in this thread.

Bad news. A GM showed up and was angry I committed murder for no RP reason, and I wasn't RPing at all properly or something and using foul language. And it shows up in-game it seems, so I didn't want that as my legacy in any case that I just randomly attacked someone. I think I actually attacked first and the guy defended, but tbh, I just woke up and was halfway asleep and I saw him show up and thought he was invading...and I thought him showing up right to me was an attack, but I guess it isn't.

which they seem very active if they show up for someone random and then a mod shows up for someone else just recently. Unless the person who raged reported me or something. Either way, not all bad news. I do have a (new) inactice account who got a transfer of LOL+ so I don't have to buy it again. The GM was very kind. But I think I got to officially wait for my old account to be deleted, because I'm not getting an activation email at all. The mod did say in this case it was okay, and new account (despite being inactive) does have LOL active...but guess I'll lose some time on it till my old account is actually deleted. Either way, what a great experience to transfer the LOL+ thing. I've never seen a subscription transfer allowed before in a game in a long time, and I only saw it once in another browser game but was a long time ago and isnt around anymore...maybe its a rare browser game thing.

Either way, very happy. Except I keep sending an activation code email and don't get one :(

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: April 22, 2021, 10:43:36 am »

Can send a friend request on Discord, and that will allow you to message without sharing a server!

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: April 22, 2021, 10:51:30 am »

Can send a friend request on Discord, and that will allow you to message without sharing a server!

Sent a request :) I go by neferata on discord
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161