Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161]

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 179534 times)

LuuBluum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2400 on: April 26, 2022, 02:18:07 pm »

Doesn't help that the admin's response to all the negative feedback was to simply stop reading any feedback.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: April 26, 2022, 04:32:22 pm »

Does anyone know if someone managed to rip the source code for this game? Would honestly love to play in a world by myself with all the changes reverted back to the 2017 version of the game. Honestly I'd pay money for the privilege
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

LuuBluum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: April 26, 2022, 08:12:05 pm »

Does anyone know if someone managed to rip the source code for this game? Would honestly love to play in a world by myself with all the changes reverted back to the 2017 version of the game. Honestly I'd pay money for the privilege
To my knowledge, no. Then again, it's also to my awareness that the source code for the game is a decade's worth of PHP spaghetti hell with Javascript plastered over top, written by someone who picked up the habit of "web development" back in the early 2000's along with everyone else. The assets are just scraped from whatever the hell Admin found out of five seconds of searching. Most of the actual "stuff" you see is just visual pretty; there's very little actually "going on" internally, as far as database transactions are concerned. Development time is just so slow because of how horrible the entire project is built. This is someone who thought that they could improve their web game's performance by making the little dots that represent units in a tile move around less.

A free weekend and a good bottle of whisky and you can probably set up a better base for this game than LoL could ever be.

bateau-de-coal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: April 27, 2022, 04:56:55 am »

I joined the game but have no clue of what to do. Where's the bay12 land at the moment?

LuuBluum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: April 27, 2022, 08:21:49 am »

To my knowledge it's just a smattering of people scattered about; whatever large Bay12 effort that may have existed died several versions ago. If not then, then surely now, what with the recent spat of changes (wiping the market over an exploit rather than rolling it back, the rising-and-falling-continents solution to people wanting a reset, the market change in general) driving away pretty much the entire playerbase.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 08:24:26 am by LuuBluum »

bateau-de-coal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: April 27, 2022, 09:30:10 am »

Hmm I'll return to it later then.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: April 27, 2022, 12:30:10 pm »

The game core is excellent, but management seems like a good example of how to impose a "should-be" design in a straitjacket rather than promoting emergent game play and creating indirect rules to steer development. The dev probably has some ideal world where everyone "should be" doing X, and follow some arbitrary morals, but considering that they don't he forces compliance through micro management. People will use tech in the way it can be used, not necessarily how it was intended. People will play games the way they can be played, not the way they should be. Sometimes that's bad like teamkilling and whatnot, sometimes that's good, creating new game modes.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 12:32:36 pm by Radsoc »
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161]