Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 181880 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2016, 01:55:22 am »

Selling resources is done through management and then resources, I would suggest turning off autosale as the AI will sell your important starting resources otherwise.
Would there be a sales history if something randomly got sold?  I had 3 items in the pending list. 
At least I just caught that before they got sold I guess?

EDIT: Oh, apparently a buncha bricks, nails, and tiles got sold off...

This sort of shit is not really newbie friendly if I needed that stuff for....   something.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 02:04:40 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2016, 01:58:53 am »

Me and my direct neighbor are the largest for some distance.  So far no one has approached either of us with any kind of political demands.

Most of the political maps show the entire elbow of the continent to be devoid of any sizable realm for many, many miles.

But yeah, do not get into agriculture of any kind unless you are far south of the snow line.  I even had an hour where I couldn't grow anything a day ago.  If it would have persisted would have ruined %99.99 of my income.

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2016, 02:22:05 am »

Selling resources is done through management and then resources, I would suggest turning off autosale as the AI will sell your important starting resources otherwise.
Would there be a sales history if something randomly got sold?  I had 3 items in the pending list. 
At least I just caught that before they got sold I guess?

EDIT: Oh, apparently a buncha bricks, nails, and tiles got sold off...

This sort of shit is not really newbie friendly if I needed that stuff for....   something.

Yeah, I had some of that stuff happen, it sucks when it happens. I think they should have it off by default personally.

Me and my direct neighbor are the largest for some distance.  So far no one has approached either of us with any kind of political demands.

Most of the political maps show the entire elbow of the continent to be devoid of any sizable realm for many, many miles.

But yeah, do not get into agriculture of any kind unless you are far south of the snow line.  I even had an hour where I couldn't grow anything a day ago.  If it would have persisted would have ruined %99.99 of my income.

You should try forming a realm with your neighbours then, will hopefully scare off the vultures on the map.
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2016, 02:59:48 am »

Also if anyone wants a easier time finding me just search for Flunkendudle, Tor Flunk or Flunkenhead.

The search tool in this game is pretty good.

TTHSK

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurked for a very long time
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2016, 03:28:00 am »

Also if anyone wants a easier time finding me just search for Flunkendudle, Tor Flunk or Flunkenhead.

The search tool in this game is pretty good.

I've settled sort of southwest of where you are - "Leddy Mclass"/"Twelvehammer". Will probably change the domain name, was sorta trying to be unsubtle.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2016, 04:00:20 am »

I decided to settle in the far south, I don't like long cold winters.

It is a bit cramped for open space, but I got a spot in some mountains with a diamond + tin deposit. Also olive and plum trees, with a huge amount of cork oak that could be cleared for more space. The ground is mostly shrublands, a bit of plains, with some limey plateaus. Nearby rocks include sandstone, basalt, granite, and limestone.

If I can expand the area a little I can also grab hazelnut trees and a giant lead deposit that seems to be the size of some mountain ranges.

Hopefully the spot is as good as I like it, and the neighbors are friendly.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2016, 04:33:06 am »

This looks interesting so I decided to have a bash.  I've set up Vandeland at coords 02228W:24643N. 

Blindly following the tutorial for now - just left beginner mode after building huts and houses.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2016, 07:27:42 am »

I'm probably not going to be the most active in this game, but I have a place set up at 03550W:27443N called Wulfheim. I apparently have a small copper deposit somewhere on my land, though I can't find it right now, so once I get built up a little I might be open to trade.
Nothing important here, move along.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2016, 10:19:36 am »

Well, I set up somewhere as Peirtou at 01531W:22953N where it dropped me when I first viewed the map, and I don't see anybody around. I've got some wood in my domain, but there's a mountain nearby, but out of it. How do you expand your domain so that I can get at that? Roads?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2016, 10:27:38 am »

I'm presuming your domain expands as your village does. Specifically, I'm pretty sure as you build certain buildings, you can take on better titles and exercise control of larger swathes of land.

That's entirely a guess, however, just by looking around at some of the information the game gives.
Nothing important here, move along.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2016, 10:39:02 am »

I love the look of the simple graphics in this game :)

I was just looking around the map as a visitor. You have to really zoom in to see the small villages show up on the map, is there a way to make the villages show up zoomed further out once your in-game? Seems kind of hard to get a good look around an area with having to be zoomed so far in for the villages/political mode to show up.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2016, 11:40:16 am »

The Domain of Lunaris! I started near some other players, mainly because I liked the peninsula I started in. Unless I reach a hard stop, I'm hoping to have a simple relaxing game of managing a township occasionally :P

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2016, 12:25:35 pm »

I've settled sort of southwest of where you are - "Leddy Mclass"/"Twelvehammer". Will probably change the domain name, was sorta trying to be unsubtle.
If I may offer some suggestions.  My first suggestion is to change how you are expanding your huts.  Some pretty crucial buildings can only be built next to houses.  One of those is the school, you are going to want one soon to train a roofer.  The second is a market garden which once it gets going can make you 6k-10k a day.

Second, I would expand into that iron deposit first and build a mine or two, train a miner for each, and auto sell the ore.  The income from that should set you up for awhile.  Next I would go north east to get that large open plain.  That is where I would set up your agriculture.  From there any other directions gets you some decent forest.

Three, train a woodcutter.  Send a settler with high str and co to a forest tile and under the training tab on the bottom set him to train into a woodcutter.  Woodcutters auto harvest wood and at a higher quality than your settlers will.  On the same note do the harvest action under resource gathering to get wood unless you don't want that forest tile there anymore.

On how to expand:  You can expand your domain by moving your lord outside your domain in the direction you want to expand.  Under the land and organization tab you'll find expand domain.  If it isn't there search for it in help under actions.  It should say why you can't expand there.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2016, 01:14:53 pm »

Started on an island at 02379W:24480N.

There is some salt marshes and limey plateaus near me, is salt particularly valuable in this game? 

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2016, 02:27:21 pm »

Started on an island at 02379W:24480N.

There is some salt marshes and limey plateaus near me, is salt particularly valuable in this game?

The Limestone on your island is of excellent quality, that should provide you with both lime and building material and also sell quite well. You also have a high quality salt marsh you can get salt from. Overall you have a quite excellent location there.
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 161