Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 181931 times)

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2016, 02:38:59 pm »

I'm at 03329W16658N since there was iron.

Didn't really look for anything else :P

Vonyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2016, 02:58:26 pm »

Settled at 03597W:23694N

Might be a shitty place.

The game told me I would have access to tin and some other ore IIRC when I settled, but I can't find the deposits, I assume I am missing something :P

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2016, 03:16:14 pm »

Settled at 03597W:23694N

Might be a shitty place.

The game told me I would have access to tin and some other ore IIRC when I settled, but I can't find the deposits, I assume I am missing something :P

As you are on Zaldor, I've come over to personally help you.
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2016, 03:51:26 pm »

I have cows and apparently can pick up some sheep...  what do? 

Cold Northlands of Tetra
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2016, 04:09:40 pm »

Cold Northlands of Tetra

Thats where I am also, weather seems to have picked up over the last hour its now a toasty -9C up from -10C earlier.

I picked a spot that looked good near a river and a stream with some mountains nearby and forest but Im not sure if its any good. Can't seem to find metal anywhere nearby... I got some epic Q91 trees here but I guess wood is a plenty on the market. other then that just some medium clay, lime. River Q72, not sure if that matters. How critical is it to have your own metal supply I wonder..

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2016, 04:21:46 pm »

Cold Northlands of Tetra

You can specialize a barn for raising cattle and sheep, leather is extremely rare at this point everywhere.

Cold Northlands of Tetra

Thats where I am also, weather seems to have picked up over the last hour its now a toasty -9C up from -10C earlier.

I picked a spot that looked good near a river and a stream with some mountains nearby and forest but Im not sure if its any good. Can't seem to find metal anywhere nearby... I got some epic Q91 trees here but I guess wood is a plenty on the market. other then that just some medium clay, lime. River Q72, not sure if that matters. How critical is it to have your own metal supply I wonder..

Metal is nice to have, but prices should be reasonable on the mainland. Rivers are used to produce sand I do believe and you can fish on them for food. Also have your workers harvest wood instead of felling trees.
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

TTHSK

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurked for a very long time
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2016, 04:31:30 pm »

I've settled sort of southwest of where you are - "Leddy Mclass"/"Twelvehammer". Will probably change the domain name, was sorta trying to be unsubtle.
If I may offer some suggestions.  My first suggestion is to change how you are expanding your huts.  Some pretty crucial buildings can only be built next to houses.  One of those is the school, you are going to want one soon to train a roofer.  The second is a market garden which once it gets going can make you 6k-10k a day.

Second, I would expand into that iron deposit first and build a mine or two, train a miner for each, and auto sell the ore.  The income from that should set you up for awhile.  Next I would go north east to get that large open plain.  That is where I would set up your agriculture.  From there any other directions gets you some decent forest.

Three, train a woodcutter.  Send a settler with high str and co to a forest tile and under the training tab on the bottom set him to train into a woodcutter.  Woodcutters auto harvest wood and at a higher quality than your settlers will.  On the same note do the harvest action under resource gathering to get wood unless you don't want that forest tile there anymore.

On how to expand:  You can expand your domain by moving your lord outside your domain in the direction you want to expand.  Under the land and organization tab you'll find expand domain.  If it isn't there search for it in help under actions.  It should say why you can't expand there.

Thanks for these; especially for the buildings tip - I knew I'd manage to fall into some newbie trap or other x-x. Looks like I can't expand until I have a couple more buildings or something, but once I can -> iron ore :D

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2016, 04:45:09 pm »

This is surprisingly addicting.

I had a rough time getting started, but its all coming naturally now. A lot of the confusion was because the tutorial wasn't very...well...helpful. You are supposed to build houses N, W, S and E. I didn't do that, and kinda screwed that account up. The tutorial never said it had to be like that. And when you are in tutorial mode, you are very limited to what you can do.

But after that, and getting a bit of help/advice, its all pretty natural going. It isn't really too difficult to learn either, but that tutorial needs a bit of work. Cause no matter how many houses you build in one direction, it expects you to do it in all four directions (and it never says to do that). But wow, the game is actually really addicting lol.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2016, 04:47:32 pm »

Game seems interesting, might try setting one up later today. So how late game does war/combat start?

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2016, 04:57:30 pm »

Game seems interesting, might try setting one up later today. So how late game does war/combat start?

Well, your starting noble is considered combatant unit, overall wars are currently small skirmishes as most of the map are small settlements attempting to build up their economies. I however have a unit of spearmen which I use to clear inactive/abandoned villages and the warlike Lu Bu already has two units of pikemen.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2016, 05:11:27 pm »

I see that prices are different for goods based on different regions. Does that mean if I move my character around the map I can buy and sell things for a profit?

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2016, 06:22:00 pm »

This tutorial is super complicated. It's not very clear what I'm supposed to do.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2016, 06:58:27 pm »

This tutorial is super complicated. It's not very clear what I'm supposed to do.

yeah, I said in my above post I didn't get it either on my first account. It was okay, till I had to build houses and it wasn't very clear that you had to build houses in all four directions. If someone used up all the resources and didn't do that (my first account, I just wanted to build in one direction)...they'd be screwed and need to re-make the account lol

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2016, 07:14:07 pm »

Can I do anything with Chalky Soil? I assumed I could, because of the quarry bonus, but I can not seem to find a valid building to put on it for that purpose.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2016, 07:22:57 pm »

Can I do anything with Chalky Soil? I assumed I could, because of the quarry bonus, but I can not seem to find a valid building to put on it for that purpose.
with roads near by you ca make a clay pit.  Clay isn't the greatest value but lots of people buy it.

I'm one of em, importing about 20k a day.  Which is 4K in cost.  Once again vegetable gardens are insane income right now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 161