Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 181488 times)

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1950 on: March 15, 2017, 05:48:05 am »

And now I'm being threatened by a guy because of my plans to claim the abandoned domain that is right on my doorstep. Well, this just got ugly now, didn't it?

EDIT: ...I might need reinforcements. They've got a full dozen troops on their square, and since it's a large kingdom, this could spiral out of control. But no, I do not want a hostile presence literally on my border.

Ah how one can skew words to make it sound like you're a victim.

Let me give you a lesson on how this works - it does not matter what plans you have for a domain that is not yours if you do not act on them while the domain is still independent/abandoned. That domain belongs to us for weeks now, through vassalization of its suzerain (end of February). Not only that, Spud was there before you did anything with it, removed the inactive domain lord (March 7th, to be specific) and has plans to liquidate it.

And there you go storming into our domain with your troops on the square with plans to liquidate it or claim it or whatever (March 13th). So in essence, actively trying to steal the domain from under us, or just oblivious that it isn't yours to remove or claim. In the end it doesn't matter, and Spud sent you a letter of warning that you shouldn't be doing this and stationed troops there. So let me correct you, "hostile" presence on YOUR border? No, it is literally INSIDE our borders. Protecting OUR domain. In fact, Spud was kind enough to let it go this time GIVEN that you do not do this (read: to domains we have claimed) anymore. Here's the letter that was sent to you for everyone to see. I'd reckon more than a reasonable one, considering your actions.

Also it would help if you actually replied directly to us next time and not go crying to our King about this.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 05:49:36 am by Vibe »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1951 on: March 15, 2017, 07:45:55 am »

I've spoken with Spud's king - the same guy who tried to recruit me previously, but seems to have broken off from Tepesia to form his own kingdom - and he's trying to leverage the domain towards me joining.
You're just next to Samsara, there's a link to the discord in main post too. This one, I think.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: March 15, 2017, 09:16:25 am »

...I have no idea what a discord is.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/best-voip-desktop-software-apps,23927.html

Discord is the latest iteration of Ventrilo/Teamspeak/Mumble/Raidcall. Basically it's a voip(voice over internet protocol) program, and from what I've seen is currently the most commonly used by gaming groups. A few noteworthy points include Free, available in browser or as independent application, and text-chat options in addition to voice.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: March 15, 2017, 10:09:09 am »

Somewhat misleading in this instance, as the LoL Discord servers are almost entirely text-based.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: March 15, 2017, 11:18:26 am »

Yeah, in general most people seem to use it as the skype chatrooms were used for a while until like last year, or like IRC was and still is used by older communities, or how Slack is used by hip young corporations.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: March 15, 2017, 04:30:13 pm »

Oh, really. If you're going to claim that you were there first, then you really are full of shit. I've been there since before those domains existed.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: March 15, 2017, 04:41:31 pm »

Oh, really. If you're going to claim that you were there first, then you really are full of shit. I've been there since before those domains existed.

And yet we were first to the domain in the question. Whether you are in the area or close to that domain has no weight, when you have done nothing with it. It was independent and belonging to an inactive lord until we took care of it. Not a hard concept to grasp in this game, but you have no claim to the domain, whatsoever.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: March 15, 2017, 07:48:12 pm »

I feel that having a proper claim to abandoned territory is based on more than just who vassalized it (though that is the main criteria). I argued, for example, that I had rights to a couple of claims due to the fact that I had an obvious friendship with the former owner due to our borders touching and him granting me tons of expansion approvals (as observed by the weird shape of my domain). I'm not saying that was why I got that land. I got them because I'm friends with his old suzerain and because I have a big military.

But if Akura is located right next to a domain and has been there since the contested domain was founded then that is justification for a claim. Is it a truer justification than being an abandoned territory's brand new suzerain? Well, power is truth most of the time.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 07:54:37 pm by Datgum »

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: March 15, 2017, 08:14:01 pm »

Did you expect a Hague court in a bloody medieval sim?
When you say something like "I should have that domain because we were kinda friends with its previous owner" or "I should have been allowed to take that domain because I live nearby" you just sound silly.

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: March 16, 2017, 04:31:44 am »

Did you expect a Hague court in a bloody medieval sim?
When you say something like "I should have that domain because we were kinda friends with its previous owner" or "I should have been allowed to take that domain because I live nearby" you just sound silly.

Exactly this. Even if such an argument mattered and he was friends with the domain owner it bears absolutely zero weight, because he has not made that clear in any way or form. At this point I could just claim that the inactive domain owner was my brother, so the domain is rightfully mine. Sounds pretty stupid though, wouldn't you say?

And the "I live close to it" argument just makes me laugh. It's not like we don't live close as well.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 04:37:07 am by Vibe »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: March 16, 2017, 07:48:20 am »

Man, walls and towers give a lot of expansion ability. Although I've admittedly been fairly lax about it recently, I just expanded my borders eight times. That I was able to pull all that off without needing consent from anyone other than my own heirs was even more delightful.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: March 18, 2017, 02:23:51 pm »

My fields changed color today, and I got my first harvest! I'm now training 6 new farmers to help out.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: March 18, 2017, 10:15:03 pm »

Well, my guy died. I guess somebody wandered in while I was off and killed him, though I can't find what caused his death. I didn't create any heirs, so is it time to give up the ghost and begin elsewhere? I don't see how to make a new person even if i wanted to, so I might have to make another account if I even bother, which I probably won't.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: March 18, 2017, 10:49:31 pm »

If you remember which square you were in, you can see who killed him in the log.

You can always create another heir and claim your domain.  You never run out of heirs.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: March 19, 2017, 08:21:55 am »

Type your house name in the search field. Click on "House [your house]" result. Create a heir. Travel to your domain's square and reclaim it. Start building a castle to prevent another assassination. Talk to your neighbours.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 161