Zaldor
- 16 (15.7%)
Error
- 13 (12.7%)
Other
- 5 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 159

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 58948 times)

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2130 on: March 15, 2017, 07:48:12 pm »

I feel that having a proper claim to abandoned territory is based on more than just who vassalized it (though that is the main criteria). I argued, for example, that I had rights to a couple of claims due to the fact that I had an obvious friendship with the former owner due to our borders touching and him granting me tons of expansion approvals (as observed by the weird shape of my domain). I'm not saying that was why I got that land. I got them because I'm friends with his old suzerain and because I have a big military.

But if Akura is located right next to a domain and has been there since the contested domain was founded then that is justification for a claim. Is it a truer justification than being an abandoned territory's brand new suzerain? Well, power is truth most of the time.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 07:54:37 pm by Datgum »

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: March 15, 2017, 08:14:01 pm »

Did you expect a Hague court in a bloody medieval sim?
When you say something like "I should have that domain because we were kinda friends with its previous owner" or "I should have been allowed to take that domain because I live nearby" you just sound silly.

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: March 16, 2017, 04:31:44 am »

Did you expect a Hague court in a bloody medieval sim?
When you say something like "I should have that domain because we were kinda friends with its previous owner" or "I should have been allowed to take that domain because I live nearby" you just sound silly.

Exactly this. Even if such an argument mattered and he was friends with the domain owner it bears absolutely zero weight, because he has not made that clear in any way or form. At this point I could just claim that the inactive domain owner was my brother, so the domain is rightfully mine. Sounds pretty stupid though, wouldn't you say?

And the "I live close to it" argument just makes me laugh. It's not like we don't live close as well.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 04:37:07 am by Vibe »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: March 16, 2017, 07:48:20 am »

Man, walls and towers give a lot of expansion ability. Although I've admittedly been fairly lax about it recently, I just expanded my borders eight times. That I was able to pull all that off without needing consent from anyone other than my own heirs was even more delightful.

Ispil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: March 16, 2017, 12:39:08 pm »

Well, sourced some cherries. Now I need apricots and plums.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."- Voltaire

I transcribe things, too.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: March 18, 2017, 02:23:51 pm »

My fields changed color today, and I got my first harvest! I'm now training 6 new farmers to help out.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: March 18, 2017, 10:15:03 pm »

Well, my guy died. I guess somebody wandered in while I was off and killed him, though I can't find what caused his death. I didn't create any heirs, so is it time to give up the ghost and begin elsewhere? I don't see how to make a new person even if i wanted to, so I might have to make another account if I even bother, which I probably won't.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: March 18, 2017, 10:49:31 pm »

If you remember which square you were in, you can see who killed him in the log.

You can always create another heir and claim your domain.  You never run out of heirs.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: March 19, 2017, 08:21:55 am »

Type your house name in the search field. Click on "House [your house]" result. Create a heir. Travel to your domain's square and reclaim it. Start building a castle to prevent another assassination. Talk to your neighbours.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: March 19, 2017, 12:58:38 pm »

Out of curiosity, did you have any allies to avenge your death?

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: March 19, 2017, 05:55:06 pm »

... so I might have to make another account if I even bother, which I probably won't.
By the way, that's probably the smartest move.  Don't get sucked into this idiotic medieval Farmville.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: March 20, 2017, 09:20:26 pm »

It seems that Farmer harvesting AI is just as bad as Woodcutters >_<

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: March 20, 2017, 11:04:02 pm »

Yep, that's why I train a ton of em.  That or micro em.  Though microing them is best if you are going to be available.  Micro is best for everything if you are available.  If not then go ahead and train tons.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: March 20, 2017, 11:33:41 pm »

Yeah basically- scale up, set and forget it.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: March 21, 2017, 12:56:54 am »

And use the majority of your tokens to harvest crops, plow new fields, and make hay fields.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:58:44 am by Datgum »
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 159