Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 181619 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2205 on: April 25, 2018, 09:45:34 am »

Yeah, I really enjoyed my time, until I didn't have the time. The time sink just got exponentially larger and larger as my cities grew, and then eventually it felt more like a chore than a fun thing. :/

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: April 25, 2018, 08:43:00 pm »

I'm still alive.

Demos is recruiting.  :P

If you come back and I still have your old city, you can have it back!

Farra is still there waiting for its children to come home.  :'(

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: April 26, 2018, 04:44:12 am »

Yeah, I really enjoyed my time, until I didn't have the time. The time sink just got exponentially larger and larger as my cities grew, and then eventually it felt more like a chore than a fun thing. :/

Unfortunately games like this often try to balance keeping things exciting early (lots of actions need to be done) and keeping things manageable late game....In reality they need to seperate things and put in systems that take over the small details once you get large enough but most never do and it ends up just being a mess.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: April 26, 2018, 06:48:59 am »

Eh, admin went out of his way to add micro.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: April 26, 2018, 05:42:36 pm »

Eh, admin went out of his way to add micro.

Admin did a lot of unpopular things, which HONESTLY, is probably the primary source of the negative feelings leading to people leaving. A lot of the flaws of the game are bearable because the core concept is so awesome, but Admin really waving his dev-dick in everyone's faces created a lot of ill will.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: April 26, 2018, 10:46:45 pm »

Personally, I think it is a GREAT idea-- ...
It is a good idea but poorly executed.

You know what is a GREAT idea?  A game that would be like the title of this thread:  Crusader Kings crossed with city building.  A game where there are lands and titles that people could fight each other and conspire against each other for, much like CK2.  A game where marrying into the right dynasty would be important, where knocking off the guy ahead of you in the line of succession is a possibility, where going to war to assert your claim is a real possibility.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: May 02, 2018, 08:05:46 am »

You know what is a GREAT idea?  A game that would be like the title of this thread:  Crusader Kings crossed with city building.  A game where there are lands and titles that people could fight each other and conspire against each other for, much like CK2.  A game where marrying into the right dynasty would be important, where knocking off the guy ahead of you in the line of succession is a possibility, where going to war to assert your claim is a real possibility.
the game more or less is that. i think people will agree with me that the game was incredibly fun when it first started, because while we were all small domains and had no micromanaging problems at the time, we all expected it to be improved over time.

i personally left because of the terrible admin. instead of actively improving the game with things players found fun, he made it his mission in life to make the game as irritating as possible with micromanagement and bad/worthless features nobody (NOBODY) wanted. many now mature domains simply started to leave because the micromanagement was intolerable, with no hope for improving.

to illustrate my point: the game was more fun at release than it was at any other point after. i cant think of a single update that added something good, or fixed something broken (its most likely still the case)

if this game had a serious dev team, i would still play.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 01:51:11 pm by Geltor »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: May 03, 2018, 01:59:15 am »

Ever played The Guild? Not quite as grand...as its scope is usually just 2-3 villages...but it has all that stuff.

Would love to see a guild game with a wider scope beyond a single map.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: May 03, 2018, 02:52:50 am »

i like how the map looks with all the buildings and stuff... but sadly the "wait 14h for stuff to get done"-games i never managed to keep playing for long...
same with this... played it a year or so ago.. played for a week maybe and then got too bored waiting for stuff to get done.
i am never good with these kinds of games... these "log in once per day do stuff come back tomorrow" sort of games.

i do like the idea of settling somewhere on a map and gathering resources and building a little town... but guess this one is the wrong pace for my liking :D

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: May 03, 2018, 03:52:06 am »

the game more or less is that.
It's not, though.  You can't do any of the things I described.  Marrying into the right dynasty doesn't really mean much, since the marriage won't produce an heir that gets claims on the titles of both parents.  There is no line of succession.  You can't assassinate anyone.  You can't really kill anyone without insane amounts of effort, except when they're new and haven't had time to build up their defenses.  There's no way you can lose your lands, and there's no way to manufacture claims on someone's lands or conspire to take their lands.  You will never run out of heirs for as long as you want to keep playing.  It's all very safe and boring.

Quote from: Geltor
i think people will agree with me that the game was incredibly fun when it first started, because while we were all small domains and had no micromanaging problems at the time, we all expected it to be improved over time.
I must have been having fun since I attempted to run several domains at once.  But it was the game that I wished it was -- the game I described above -- that made it interesting to me; once reality set in -- and the reality is that the game is like medieval FarmVille -- I lost interest.

Quote from: Geltor
i personally left because of the terrible admin. instead of actively improving the game with things players found fun, he made it his mission in life to make the game as irritating as possible with micromanagement and bad/worthless features nobody (NOBODY) wanted. many now mature domains simply started to leave because the micromanagement was intolerable, with no hope for improving.

to illustrate my point: the game was more fun at release than it was at any other point after. i cant think of a single update that added something good, or fixed something broken (its most likely still the case)

if this game had a serious dev team, i would still play.
I know a lot of people seem to dislike the guy, but I never really thought he was terrible.  Though I never had any contact with the guy.

He took the game in a direction that I didn't really want it to go, which is fine.  Not every game has to be one that I want to play.  People are still playing, so there must be some demand for the kind of game he has made. 

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: May 03, 2018, 03:57:15 am »

Ever played The Guild? Not quite as grand...as its scope is usually just 2-3 villages...but it has all that stuff.

Would love to see a guild game with a wider scope beyond a single map.
If you're talking about that real old game with horrible graphics that was still addictive for some reason, then yeah, I've played it.  I have fond memories of building cannon towers or whatever they were called and blowing up all my rivals' stuff.  But that was a pretty much just a single player game.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: May 03, 2018, 08:15:20 am »

Yes, The Guild 1 barely had graphocs...the Guild 2 was much better.

The Guild 3 is in early access but has a long way to go...we will see how it turns out.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: May 18, 2018, 08:12:50 am »

Anyone got the URL for the Lands of Lords Domain Manager? Forgot and can't seem to find it on google anymore.

Edit: https://loldomainmanager.lostkingdom.net - but seems to be down
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 08:43:11 am by Radsoc »
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Beer Beard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: June 20, 2018, 06:33:44 am »

So. How is it going?

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: June 20, 2018, 10:14:52 am »

The game is heading in a good direction.

Been playing for 1˝ years now except for one month of absence due to a trip, but I set up my towns to survive. Some people complain about micro, but I think it's less and less.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 161