Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 179574 times)

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2220 on: June 21, 2018, 05:25:26 am »

The game is heading in a good direction.

Been playing for 1˝ years now except for one month of absence due to a trip, but I set up my towns to survive. Some people complain about micro, but I think it's less and less.
nice try, admin

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Requiao

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: August 09, 2018, 02:24:27 pm »

Great game. Very nice Community.

Complex but every day has things to do.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: August 09, 2018, 02:38:01 pm »

It takes a lot to get to automated self-sufficiency. 
I was already there when I lost interest.  So my place is still chugging along.

Oh, a few oldies still have places to give away.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 02:40:18 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: October 01, 2018, 09:24:41 pm »

A big update is in the works that will probably dismantle a lot of Empires and Kingdoms. Instead of needing alts to make fake domains for a domain count, they will need actual players as vassals.

By the way... still recruiting... have group that is happy to teach new comers and still have spots of high potential land that would be great if someone built them into cities...

Oh and I finally got 1 billion gold in my network, even if it isn't all on Hawkwood :cheers:

https://www.landsoflords.com/arm/org/Demos

Give me or Jade a message :spy:

https://discord.gg/eshSDce or drop by our Discord
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 11:06:18 pm by nate9090 »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: October 01, 2018, 10:22:52 pm »

Nice to see someone redid Bagenburg a little bit. German Venice it may never be, but I hope someone get's some use out of that baller castle I made.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: October 02, 2018, 01:06:56 am »

Well, I just started. Its pretty complex...more complex than a lot of non-browser strategy games I've played. I like that there is apparently so much to do with the economy and so many products to make. I was funny enough looking for an economic game, and this pretty much is good enough for me.

I don't mind things take a long time. Though I guess I get sped up with a city (what a nice newcomer gift :)) so have repairing and fixing up to do.

Discord has been very helpful :) The tutorial...well it taught me how to make huts :P

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: October 02, 2018, 12:03:03 pm »

Hopefully it comes with a bigger change to how titles work, since right now they kinda suck as both an achievement and a reward.

A big update is in the works that will probably dismantle a lot of Empires and Kingdoms. Instead of needing alts to make fake domains for a domain count, they will need actual players as vassals.
I dunno, it may just be a matter of making people pretend their alts are just infrequent players
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 02:19:40 pm by Cruxador »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: October 04, 2018, 07:32:00 pm »

The sad thing is the amount of players driven away so that it is near impossibru to legitimately have the needed number of active players. 
It may have been possible in the past... Even then, the requirements were onerous and needed at least some shenanigans.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: October 05, 2018, 11:13:20 am »

Well if it's literally just the same requirements but now everyone has to be active then yeah, it's gonna suck. But Admin was at least competent enough to iterate on the mechanics for domain expansion and population changes in recent history, so if he does that this time it's likely to be an improvement eventually. And I think empires should be harder as well as less meaningless, since right now it's not that hard to bootstrap an entire empire of alts and then just retain it by inertia, the only requirement that's difficult rather than tedious is the one per continent limit.

On the other hand, he didn't iterate on religious titles much and that whole system still kinda sucks so

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: October 09, 2018, 04:24:11 am »

The "one Empire per continent" system is pure nonsense. It encourages the exploitish behavior of creating empires on small islands... Empires should be linked to religions somehow... Maybe one Pope for each cult (Baighon, Qallash, etc.) and one Empire for each Pope... And the Pope and Emperor titles should be linked to the obtention of some relics too, in order to encourage wars to get the relics.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:28:09 am by ivanovic »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: November 18, 2018, 09:33:07 pm »

Edit: crap, entirely the wrong thread, whoooooooops.   
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 09:36:48 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: November 26, 2018, 01:08:58 am »

Demos is looking incredibly short of the number of players for Empire. Which is a shame since we have been one of the strongest (small population, we just have great people.) empires for a long time.

So we are looking to form a Tsardom, with a Tsarina, 6 Grand Princes, and 36 Princes. All with easy requirements except the Tsardom part. So we could use some new blood to help make that dream a reality.

We still have the Empire for a while, until admin flips the switch for auto-demotion. Not sure how long this grace period is going to last. If that happens we'll go down to a Kingdom right away pretty much.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: November 26, 2018, 10:22:46 am »

I mean it should probably be noted that the game has gone all pay to win now, though.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: January 06, 2019, 06:29:33 pm »

Started playing this game again after a year and a half break. Since when has there been all these pay2win elements? Sure there used to be the token, but now it's weapons, armor, tools, and titles of every kind! It hasn't affected me much yet but if I begin interacting with my neighbors I can see how it really puts me behind. Disappointing.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 161