Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 179585 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2295 on: May 01, 2019, 08:35:57 am »

Honestly, this announcement seems like a reason to check out Ymir, rather than LoL.

Naverin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: May 01, 2019, 02:10:18 pm »

Ymir currently has a 34$ price tag for a beta.  little steep for what it is.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2297 on: May 01, 2019, 02:32:18 pm »

Ymir turned out eh too. Both devs kinda have heads up their asses, though Ymir dev a little less so (for now). Hilariously though he's already announcing an engine rewrite, so heh.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: May 01, 2019, 03:14:55 pm »

Ah, a shame. Is there any other similar competitor that even exists? City building is in a rough place as a genre since it spent like a decade in the grave and has only recently come back. Even so, there's more throwbacks than innovation at the moment so games with new ideas tend to have a pretty secure monopoly on them for the time being.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: May 01, 2019, 06:00:02 pm »

City building is in a rough place

Yes. I've played from SimCity 2000 to 4 to that strange reboot. Also, Cities XL and Skylines. 2000 was great at the time, 4 a very worthy successor. Reboot (good idea, but too many limits) and XL not so much (performance and feels more like a uncreative design tool). Skylines almost, but there are some flaws apart from the DLC fest. Then we have Tropico that has had some good games, don't know the state of 6. However, I would push for Workers and Resources take on the genre. Web based games are very fluid, but among them lands of lords is probably the best yet. Too bad about the direction the game is taking.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 06:08:58 pm by Radsoc »
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: May 01, 2019, 07:58:10 pm »

Its really this emerging genre of strategic RP city builders that is in a rough growing pains place. I can't wait to see it mature though.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: May 02, 2019, 01:01:30 pm »

Back when the game first started in 2017 the Admin really had something going for his game. But pretty much since then he's killed his own game with pointless updates and P2W features, it's really a shame since there hasn't really been any browser game close to it since.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: May 02, 2019, 02:25:31 pm »

Back when the game first started in 2017 the Admin really had something going for his game. But pretty much since then he's killed his own game with pointless updates and P2W features, it's really a shame since there hasn't really been any browser game close to it since.

There are some logical precursors, and Ymir is a big technical step in the right direction (although not a strictly persistent/browser game), but yea while the multitude of ambitious one man projects have made leaps and bounds forwards in this (again) emergent genre, I think it will simply take several more attempts until the right balance of features, complexity, and RP/player-interaction/multiplayer elements is struck. Not to mention the surprisingly big personalities of the developers (and diehard support of the inevitable resultant in-circles of paying, veteran players).
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: May 21, 2019, 10:36:13 am »

Deleted my account... the changes that were unveiled were even worse than I thought.  Negative housing capacity??-that's not even a thing in real life.  I found the game to be fun in the beginning, but then as the realm size increased the micromanagement became so time consuming, not to mention a lot of essential features are locked behind LOL(I payed for a LOL account).

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: May 21, 2019, 11:02:05 am »

Hmm... Yea, saw Nydus was hemorrhaging people something fierce a few days ago.
I think it is the finally the end of my domain, including many of the talent.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: May 21, 2019, 12:24:20 pm »

Yes, I though I would at least keep the population afloat. But now I just don't have to interact with the game at all. I guess that's good.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: May 21, 2019, 02:39:23 pm »

Well, if a reset is coming anyway, all domains will inevitably die. It's just a matter of now vs later.

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: May 21, 2019, 02:56:48 pm »

The worst thing seems to be that you are punished for everything:
-Building defences -housing capacity
-Attacking, unit limits and truce making only 10% of building can be destroyed per 24h
-Organizations: only 1 type per domain.
-Building cities: population limits and unit death over time
-Limited one move to a tile per player-making it harder to group units
-Unit selection limits.
-XXXX Nerfd to limit the amount of money you can make.
-Nontransferable domains-you can't give domains to new players to ease them in +with the XXXX changes it's going to make it harder to get going.
-Migratory flux control removed??-you can't control your population now.
-Fixed vassalage taxes and they are mandatory as well.
-Unhappiness from sharing boarders with none vassals Why? Especially
 with the mandatory taxes above.
-You can only can only mine in a Rurality-meaning if you want a different domain you must manually Cart stuff over-the amount of micro management needed makes my head hurt-each rank can only build certain stuff for some reason.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: May 21, 2019, 04:05:15 pm »

Too bad someone can't just steal the source code and remake a version of this game that actually makes some sort of sense.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: May 21, 2019, 07:21:36 pm »

Yeah I really wish there were a version of this where the micro was cut down by a factor of 10. I remember loving it when we all first jumped in, but then as you needed larger cities, and more plots to stay competitive it just got to be such a slog just to make sure your people were doing what they needed to do. Way too muchtime needed every day just to make the cities function.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 161